Author Topic: 26/4 - Independence Day - Israel  (Read 2970 times)

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
26/4 - Independence Day - Israel
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2004, 12:02:05 AM »
Originally posted by detch01
I'll bet too, that there are regulars in the CT who have made the choice not to play in the MA so no matter what is the CT setup is, that's where you'll find them. I'll even bet there are people who dislike a setup but faced with the choice of playing in a setup they don't like, going to the MA to play on the terrain they despise, or not playing at all will make the choice to play in the CT where the setup is only mildy disturbing.

Thats me exactly.

I thought the Independance set was OK, better than a late war VVS set by a long shot.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2004, 12:25:15 PM »
Originally posted by Dennis
And I thought the "Breaking Wind" "Last Gasp" or "Divine Fart" or whatever the heck that jet-laced Japanese setup was called just blew chunks.

I put alot of work into the presentation of that setup, no matter what you thought. I'd appreciate you not belittling my part in it. Show some initiative and work on one yourself. Have a nice fuggin' day stunninghunk. :D
« Last Edit: April 29, 2004, 12:27:16 PM by Arlo »

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2004, 12:38:24 PM »
Dennis,

Thanks again for your comments on Second Wind. However if you had taken the time to fly it you might have liked it...well maybe not since you appear to only want BoB and Western Europe Theater setups. But at least you could have given it a shot instead of blatantly staying out of it.

I for one do my best to try and get in some time in all the setups. Even the one's that I don't really care for but I will at least give each setup as much time as I humanly can with all the real life things that intervene on play time.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2004, 12:41:54 PM by Reschke »
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline DktrEvil

• Copper Member
      • TheFunZone.com
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2004, 12:47:09 PM »
I need to give my 2 cents worth on this hotly debated subject:

ZzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZ ZZ
+Dr Evil's Death Squadron+

Let this be a lesson to you all that this organization will not tolerate .......... F-a-i-l-u-r-e!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2004, 01:04:59 PM »
If that's the best ya got .... why bother? Oh yeah ... attention starvation. ;)

Offline DktrEvil

• Copper Member
      • TheFunZone.com
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2004, 01:50:34 PM »
Arlo       - 4,338 posts
DktrEvil -        4 posts

hmmmmmmmmm......... I think someone is starving for attention more than I am

P.S. Just pulling your chain, we all appreciate your efforts
+Dr Evil's Death Squadron+

Let this be a lesson to you all that this organization will not tolerate .......... F-a-i-l-u-r-e!

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2004, 03:18:34 PM »
I thought they are all pretty good even the Divine fart one - good practice in 262's!!

But we desperately need more planes for CT setup - roll on AH2 and definitive planset!

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2004, 03:48:39 PM »
Originally posted by DktrEvil
Arlo       - 4,338 posts
DktrEvil -        4 posts

hmmmmmmmmm......... I think someone is starving for attention more than I am

Ooooohh......DktrEvil, spawncamping in the CT forum. :D

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2004, 03:53:45 PM »
Originally posted by Reschke
Dennis,
Thanks again for your comments on Second Wind. However if you had taken the time to fly it you might have liked it...well maybe not since you appear to only want BoB and Western Europe Theater setups. But at least you could have given it a shot instead of blatantly staying out of it.
I for one do my best to try and get in some time in all the setups. Even the one's that I don't really care for but I will at least give each setup as much time as I humanly can with all the real life things that intervene on play time.

it's called "voting with your feet." one can comment on a setup even if one doesn't actually fly it. i didn't fly the dvine fart either - it had absolutely zero (heh) appeal. doesn't mean others didn't enjoy it.

there are some setups i don't bother with, or very little. there's other things to do than slog thru a setup that one doesn't find enjoyable for *whatever* reason.

ymmv and all that.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2004, 04:03:19 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
one can comment on a setup even if one doesn't actually fly it.  

And such commentary is weighed and measured for what it's worth. ;)

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2004, 04:21:11 PM »
I liked Devine Far...I mean Second Wind  because I got to fly a plane that I would not otherwise have been able to,  the 262,  for an extended period. If you were not going to fly the 262, the setup was probably not that fun for very long.

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2004, 05:03:39 PM »
Arlo,
Rough if my distaste for the jet thang that passed for a CT setup rubs you the wrong way.  The idea blew chunks.  That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.  If you want to consider that a personal attack on you, so be it.   Without going back and dredging through the old threads on it, I would have been hardpressed to tell you who was responsible for it  ....  but I don't really care.

Reschke,
Actually, I prefer the PTO setups (at least the ones where someone doesn't pull jets outa their arse) but I usually enjoy something about most of them.  The only setups I really don't care for are the very late-war ones -- and the goofball, postwar, fantasy ones that were the subject of my post.  

No reason we can't all have our favorites.  And our dislikes.  I thought this was all about the folly of doing post-war setups?

As shane mentioned, it's called voting with one's feet.  We all have demands on our time; no need to p!ss it away on things that do not interest us.

Splash1

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2004, 05:39:33 PM »
Arlo,
Rough if my distaste for the jet thang that passed for a CT setup rubs you the wrong way.  The idea blew chunks.  

It's not your opinion of the idea (as "worthy" as it was) that I took issue with. Show a lil respect for the efforts of others even when you critique the end product. That goes for the rest of you goobers, as well. If you didn't like the premise of "SECOND WIND" (even without giving it a half second of your time) then so be it.

However ....

As far as the opinions of absentee players is concerned, rest assured that they're given the creedence they're worth. "You didn't like it - you didn't fly it - therefore it sucked" only goes so far on the feedback meter.

Take your ball ....

:D

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2004, 06:00:08 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
As far as the opinions of absentee players is concerned, rest assured that they're given the creedence they're worth. "You didn't like it - you didn't fly it - therefore it sucked" only goes so far on the feedback meter.

Take your ball ....

:D

Rest assured that the opinion of players, absentee or otherwise, is given very little creedence.  I've been around the CT long enough to observe that.

With rare exception, the designers of scenerios do pretty much as they please.

And whether you think my feedback on the folly of fantasy setup ideas is worthy does not concern me.

So take your meter ...
(insert faux smiley here)

Splash1

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2004, 06:05:03 PM »
Rest assured that the opinion of players, absentee or otherwise, is given very little creedence.  I've been around the CT long enough to observe that.

With rare exception, the designers of scenerios do pretty much as they please.

And whether you think my feedback on the folly of fantasy setup ideas is worthy does not concern me.

So take your meter ...
(insert faux smiley here)

Splash1

1: BS

2: If you're not concerned then don't concern OTHERS with it.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D