Author Topic: 26/4 - Independence Day - Israel  (Read 2999 times)

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
26/4 - Independence Day - Israel
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2004, 10:19:30 PM »
Didn't realise this thread took a different turn, but I'd like to cast one vote for "blew chunks" too, in regards to Second wind brought to you by crayola.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2004, 04:37:45 AM »
Boo ****in hoo Bug.  Please give Bug the next position open on the CT staff so it can be done right.

Rest assured that the opinion of players, absentee or otherwise, is given very little creedence.

Seems alot better now than it has been in a long time.

I don't think there's anywhere near a majority of CT regulars who really like the non-WWII setups

"Divine Fart" wasnt a non-WW2 or post WW2 set up.

And I thought the "Breaking Wind" "Last Gasp" or "Divine Fart" or whatever the heck that jet-laced Japanese setup was called just blew chunks.

Actually it was the best of the bunch:D    I think the BoB set up is boring as hell, but some like it so I dont spend all week pissing and moaning about it.

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2004, 04:51:20 AM »
There are allways people that do not like certain setups.

For example I do not like early/mid PTO.
But I really like late war Eurpian Theatre and Late War Easter Front.

All we differnet people and have different tastes that is naturally.....

However there are lots of players that like Early PTO and do not like late war setups...... so what should we do?

I think we should learn to fly planes we do not know (F4F for me that I do not really like in early PTO or Spit 1 in other setups, and 262 or Yak-9 for others)

So..... I think we should be more tolerant to each other preferences otherwise only we get is lots of posts at BBS that deals with nothing.....

Sometimes it become really too much non nesserry noise on this BBS.

IMHO ;)
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline TrueKillJG54

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2004, 06:32:32 AM »
AMIN ARTIK AMIN  :aok

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2004, 11:47:37 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27
Seems alot better now than it has been in a long time.

Might be.  Depends on the scenerio designer.  Some are more reasonable than others, it seems.  Sometimes it's a posting error. ;)
"Divine Fart" wasnt a non-WW2 or post WW2 set up.

When and where during WWII did it happen?  Japanese rockets and jets vs. allied aircraft.
I think the BoB set up is boring as hell, but some like it so I dont spend all week pissing and moaning about it.

Agreed on the pissing and moaning.  I might post a complaint at the outset of the week, then just stay away if it's not my cup'o'tea.   All of the venom on this bbs and in the arena is the prime reason I'm drifting away from AH.

My comments about this trend of non-historical matchups in the CT were blunt, but honest.  A symptom, perhaps, of my frustration.  I'll drop it.

Splash1

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2004, 12:08:05 PM »
Originally posted by Dennis
Rest assured that the opinion of players, absentee or otherwise, is given very little creedence.  I've been around the CT long enough to observe that.

With rare exception, the designers of scenerios do pretty much as they please.

And whether you think my feedback on the folly of fantasy setup ideas is worthy does not concern me.
Splash1

Rest assured that the people who are on CT Staff do take the time to see what players like or dislike about setups. But you have your right to believe that we don't care.

I can't speak for everyone else but I look at all the comments of the people that take the time (not just one 15 minute flight) to be a part of the setup for a little while. Even if it doesn't appeal to you then drop in and try it and then give me your opinion.

As a Staffer if a player submits an idea then I hash it out and talk to the player about it before going to the CT Staff with it. Then I take it to the staff after I have a good feeling about it and then we of the Staff tend to bang on it and talk about it quite a bit and let the submitting person know of the changes. If they don't agree and we don't agree then the setup will not run. If we all agree then the setup will be run.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline DktrEvil

• Copper Member
      • TheFunZone.com
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2004, 01:03:49 PM »
In case anybody cares ............................. ... I enjoyed playing the Second Wind setup.  It was a blast flying the Jet bombers and 163's.  

I even saw LtMagee (aka P6EHawk) flying Axis.
+Dr Evil's Death Squadron+

Let this be a lesson to you all that this organization will not tolerate .......... F-a-i-l-u-r-e!

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2004, 02:51:02 PM »
When and where during WWII did it happen? Japanese rockets and jets vs. allied aircraft.

It didnt. It was in the works according to some and the A-bombs kind of delayed.(till we ran it I guess:D )  Its a fantasy set up but its not post or non WW2.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2004, 03:08:11 PM »
It's not that the staff does not listen to the community it's just that the community says so much that it is impossible to please everyone.  Dennis here does not think this setup is a good idea, but I can go back in the thread and find several people who have indicated that they enjoyed this setup the last time it ran.  As the staffer, who do I choose to please this week?  I can run this setup and honor what I feel is a resonable request by Artik and co.  Or I can say screw them I don't want to fly in an Israeli setup, I'm going to run Okinawa instead (a setup I'd very much like to see run again in the near future, and is perhaps the one I have the most fun flying).  

I knew that no matter which one I choose I'm gonna catch flak for it.  It's just a fact of life, everyone has their favorites, no one is going to get what they want every week because it's impossible.  But we in the staff try our best to see that everyone gets somthing they like on a fairly consistent basis.  

I think the fact that this setup is being run period demonstrates that we in the staff do listen to the community.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2004, 04:21:30 PM »
Hey, Im easy (no comments from the peanut gallery), I like anything that doesnt have the La7 in it. Everything else is:aok

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2004, 04:30:15 PM »
whats your problem with the Labiaskin7?

that plane simply owns. and it's not as easy to fight in as some think. nothing, i mean nothing beats whacking nikis and spits with a tnb la7.

it's easy to run in, sure, but then there are faster planes that do the same.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2004, 04:48:20 PM »
My problem is self inflicted Shane. I choose as a matter of principle to always fly on the side which is outnumbered. Guess who always has the most numbers in VVS sets, usually by a large margine? As a result I never get to fly the La7, instead I get pummeled by them for 6-1/2 days. Its really the only plane I just cant seem to do well against no matter what I do. Contributing to it is the Yak9U, which makes a 1-2 punch that is just really hard to beat. I'm not going to give up though, I'm nothing if not stubborn when it comes to getting better as a pilot.

Maybe next time we have a set with the La7 in it I'll break my rule for a bit and fly it some.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2004, 09:08:29 PM »
la7's (and yak9u's) are almost as rare as hogs...  you see la5's  and yak9t's more often.

109's are vvs killer's tho', especially the g10.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798