Author Topic: You really have to wonder...  (Read 1464 times)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
You really have to wonder...
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2004, 09:17:34 PM »
Lastly, two words:

Prime directive.

Yep.

Think about it.

(while I go keeeel yer squadmates)

Offline ravells

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2004, 09:18:25 PM »
This is getting silly now!

So I'll just post up an picture of the 'Royal Order of Antideluvian Buffalos'.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2004, 09:19:03 PM »
Originally posted by ravells
Me too Nuke, but do you know what?

We cannot be sentimental about this. We have to win this conflict and make Iraq a better place to live for everybody who lives there. We have to make a better peace. That is the only true point of war.

We are being needled by people who do not want that result. But we must obtain it.

Otherwise we're back to the league of nations in the 1930s

Ravs

I agree Ravs and thanks.

Offline ravells

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2004, 09:20:09 PM »
we may differ on the methods, but we all want peace.

Ravs

Offline Bluedog

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2004, 01:15:01 AM »
Im not sure what the blokes name is, but back when Allied troops were going into Bagdhad at the 'begining' of this war, there was an Australian news camera man filming a patrol of US troops (Marines, I think).
Anyway, they were attacked, and  several men were either killed outright or badly wounded.
The cameraman pretty much threw his camera down, and raced out and dragged a badly wounded US soldier behind cover, before giving emergency first aid, and using the radio on the man's back to call for help, all while under enemy fire, pretty much pinned down.
The camera happened to fall in such a way that nearly all of this was captured on film by the way.

Turned out that the camera man was a serving member of the Australian SASR until recently, and was allso a trained medic.
If he hadnt have been where he was, and done what he did, there is little doubt that more troops would have died than actually did that day.

That guy pointing a camera around the place may just be as well, if not more, trained in the activities of those he films than they themselves are.
He may allso be a very brave individual, and actually be the deciding factor between life and death for some of those he films.

Dont make the mistake of lumping everyone with a camera into the 'money hungry- no help in a bad situation- spineless parasite' mold, for many of them are far from that.

Blue