Author Topic: Texture issues  (Read 269 times)

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
Texture issues
« on: April 09, 2004, 10:12:39 AM »
Unfortunately, I've taken to turning film off with the recent warps I've been seeing. However, I want to make light of something so people can start looking for it.

Last night I noticed there are times when a plane can completely disappear. One guy in particular seems to have noticed this is true, and makes use of it by fighting low over one particular coastal texture. Even when you're 5k above the texture, the texture itself is drawn above/over anything in the area, and that includes aricraft. Icon and all completely disappear, as if they are under the terrain.

I haven't noticed this on other terrains.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Texture issues
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2004, 10:36:25 AM »
It must be the sub-terrain stealth mode. :D
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Texture issues
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2004, 10:40:51 AM »
hmm, You mean to tell me he was using the warps to his favor?

I dont see how this is posible.

Maybe I am misunderstanding you. The terrain has a "sweet spot" where you can go "below" the ground?

If this is so I doubt he knows he was doing this when it was happening.

I see that all the time... People whining about others warping... Like they are doing it on purpose... While 5 others are warping just as bad...:rolleyes:

It happend again last night. XJ and I were winging up as we ususally do, a bad warp occured, everyone warped, after the spikes in the connection settled we killed all four of them and the whines came pouring in...

Talk about putting a strain on S/A... Try following 4 cons at warp speed and staying live:eek:
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
Texture issues
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2004, 11:24:18 PM »
No, the terrain has a sweetspot where you are 5k above the ground, but are camoflaged by the ground tile. It's rather like the GV issue where you see a tank, but can't hit it because there is a building in the way. You see the tank and think it's in front of the building, but it is actually behind the building. The rendering system is confusing the drawing order.

It is not warp on demand.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
Texture issues
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2004, 06:45:52 AM »
well theres a few things i can do. the problem is inherrent to the lake object the tiny islands use. it shows up on the latest kurland terrain as well and it is not removable by the terrain makers its somthing coded into the lake object.

i can remove all the little islands from the atolls and leave you with a disgusting looking square block surrounded by water that looks nothign like an atoll.

i can try to remap the tiny island attoll texture onto snowcap or some other large square object but the problem may or may not still occur

i can do nothing about it and let you suffer once a week every month and a half till ah2 comes out with somthing better, and give you the oporunity to have somthing to gripe about. :D

the next version of the terrain is to remedy possible warp causes and gameplay improvements on some areas, if i have time i will try experimenting with different plane objects reskinned with the little islands to see if one of them dosnt have hardwired sorting problems.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2004, 06:49:18 AM by Citabria »
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
Texture issues
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2004, 11:40:51 AM »
Actually, I'd rather you left it alone. For once, camo has an effect in the game, and even the little icons don't help you track opponents. It's a pretty cool 'feature,' but one that people should be aware of.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
Texture issues
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2004, 12:46:16 PM »
heh i can stand it if you can :D
Fester was my in game name until September 2013