Author Topic: Due to apparent time constraint on the CT staff  (Read 443 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Due to apparent time constraint on the CT staff
« on: April 15, 2004, 07:39:00 PM »
This weeks banner will be generic:

We've all been there. This is a contingency banner anyhow - just reworked it a little.

Online eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 09:48:28 PM »
My bad, Arlo.  I wanna let you know we appreciate your efforts in making up these banners to help promote the CT.  
I shoulda got in touch with you earlier to clue you in on what is in store in the arena tomorrow.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 10:22:33 PM »
No problem, Eddie. Actually I was thinking it's good to just have a generic one on hand for those times that I have my hands full with other stuff as well.

Had to do alot of bill juggling today ... reschedule a medical appointment I've been rescheduling with the VA for almost a year now (heh). Give my "ex" the rest of my cash.

But on a good note - the Pacific Ace mod for Silent Hunter II came in and it's awesome. (That, too may take up some time and provide a welcome escape form some of the current real life drudgeries). :D

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 10:56:46 PM »
hey arlo... what res do you make those... do you take a small picture and just work it around it?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2004, 12:20:57 AM »
Max res 32 bit. First I checked to see what size the banners were here then I made a new image that size ... high res. Screenshots could be resized to whatever fit in the window or a series of them in succession to run them past a window to look like you're scanning across your field of vision. The entire screenshot need not be trimmed to fit (cropped) - just resize it so the view of what you want to present is clear then copy and paste into the window. Copy and paste each succeeding image over the last and merge to save time getting the image to the folder you want - just rename it what you want and it's there.

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2004, 12:50:36 AM »
I am trying to do the same thing with an Avi... just very short vid... make it into like a gif.  Just having trouble getting the size right..  I use Animation Shop....  Taking like vid from AH and making a banner.  Any suggestions on this?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2004, 02:59:16 AM »
Ahhh ... audio video interlaced files. Big bulky thangs. Yuck! But since animation shop can't read ahf files, guess ya gotta deal with it (unless you use my method of taking several screenshots in slow-mo and saving them in succession and then using that to manually create an animated gif).

You have to cull the hell outa them (make sure you do that first!). Here's a link (aint gonna force all readers of the thread to download it) to one I culled down to 100 frames from just under 1000. I used the optimization wizard to change the avi to a gif and reduced the palette to 127 colors. I also reduced the frame size to about 60%. It takes 2 and a half minutes to download on a 56k. 780 kb (.78 meg) file. (This file will self destruct in 48 hours)

http://jollyrogers.info/carrierlanding.gif