Author Topic: Name this hockey player:  (Read 1586 times)

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
Name this hockey player:
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2004, 08:41:32 AM »
Originally posted by skernsk
I saw that too.  I must admit I'm not a Habs fan or a Bruins fan, but you two are more entertaining than that BORING series you are arguing about!

They played a pathetic game. Did you see that Habs goal at the end of the first period? The Bruins just tie the game, so with less than a minute left, what do they do? They try to sit on the tie and kill the last 40 seconds by just carelessly dumping the puck out of their zone instead of trying to push it up ice and get a scoring chance. I give the Habs credit, they didn't just sit there satisfied with ending the period in a tie, they played desperately like it was the final seconds of the game, like a good hockey team should, full tilt, full time. Unfortunately, that mistake cost them at the end of the game.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 12:48:24 PM by Sixpence »
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Name this hockey player:
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2004, 08:48:00 AM »
Originally posted by Sixpence
Lol, not when Cam Neely was around, the only thing usual about then was a Hab laying flat on the ice waking up to a flashing red light;)

Hockey isn't quite what it used to be here. We would flood the back parking lot of the wonderland dog track to skate(actually, when I was real young, it was the older kids that did it). It was a foot deep at it's deepest spot, so not only was it a great place to skate, it was a safe place to skate.

Seems to ME, that when Cam Neely was around, all the Bruins did was choke in the Postseason.  

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
Name this hockey player:
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2004, 08:58:16 AM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
Seems to ME, that when Cam Neely was around, all the Bruins did was choke in the Postseason.

I would not call losing to the Oilers of that era a choke. That team was a who's who of hall of famers.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Name this hockey player:
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2004, 09:00:53 AM »
They choked.  Bottom Line.  Edmonton used the Bruins as their personal Zamboni's.  

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
Name this hockey player:
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2004, 09:04:58 AM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
They choked.  Bottom Line.  Edmonton used the Bruins as their personal Zamboni's.  

Karaya

How do you choke against the better team?

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
Name this hockey player:
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2004, 10:05:37 AM »
Originally posted by skernsk
Was it a slash?  Sure it was ... was it that bad?  Hell no.  A real player would have kept playing instead of going for the 5 minute major in overtime ....

He screwed up and it cost his team the game.

penalty should of been called.....

was a 2 handed slash....

but for me...Theodore really sucks this year...we ain't going far.

I prefer watching Leafs vs. Sens this year....intense Hockey

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
Name this hockey player:
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2004, 10:42:53 AM »
SLO, it's overtime. they're not gonna call a weak slash like that when both teams have been hacking at each other all game.

take a good look at bergeron's goal to win game 2 in overtime. as he crosses into the offensive zone a canadian comes in with a two handed slash right into the nook of his arm.

what green did last night couldn't even be called a love tap.
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
Name this hockey player:
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2004, 10:46:35 AM »
what i find bizzare is that kovalev isn't getting any love from his teammates.

Canadiens coach Claude Julien felt Kovalev made a bad decision.

"I think that when the referees don't call a penalty on a play, you can't stop playing," Julien said. "They decided not to call it, and then they collided. Murray got the breakaway, and he doesn't miss many of those.

"It's a crappy way to lose a game"

Souray also felt Kovalev should have been more concerned about playing the puck.

"It's crazy," Souray said. "I was just caught by surprise that he left the puck there and there was no one behind me. It's frustrating that it happened right now, in a game that was so important."

Green wasn't surprised no penalty was called on the play.

"If I double-handed slashed him, I'm sure his arm would be broken," Green said.
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Name this hockey player:
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2004, 10:49:53 AM »
Kovalev screwed up, hopefully they Habs have learned a lesson about looking for a penalty.  It may have cost them their shot at the cup.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Name this hockey player:
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2004, 12:38:36 PM »
Originally posted by SLO
penalty should of been called.....

was a 2 handed slash....

but for me...Theodore really sucks this year...we ain't going far.

I prefer watching Leafs vs. Sens this year....intense Hockey

SLO, you claim to have played hockey... christ calling that a slash is worse than Ribeiro faking an injury.  LOL, the blade fell on Kovalev's glove extension sideways (not on edge), he tried to get cute and draw a penalty, and whoa and behold, it cost them dearly.  Betcha old Julien was real happy with Kovalev in the dressing room, eh?  But, the real fault lies with Theodore, his responsibility is the first stop, and as they called it, he is shaky as hell.  Theodore's one good season was a fluke, ya'll need to find a better goalie if you wanna win the cup.  

Anyways, glad to see Murray break his slump... what was that, 3 points last night out of the Thornton, Murray, Knuble line last night???  Looks like they are waking up, which is gonna mean blow out in game five.  

Anyone care to wager that the Canadians go after Thornton in Game 5????  If ya can't beat em, injure them...
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.