Author Topic: Saving Views with CH Pro Throt. (solve)  (Read 174 times)

Unforgiven

Saving Views with CH Pro Throt. (solve)
« on: October 02, 1999, 06:22:00 PM »
  I was having problems saving some views, mostly angle down views, and have found a solution.  I eventually remembered that CH doesn't like to allow too many keystrokes, even simulated by buttons/hats, thru at one time and that Function, and most grey, keys are two keystrokes to the OS (right?).  So I re-mapped the "save head pos" key to the / key which I was not using for radio's as I re-mapped those allready.  I can now save any head position to any view.  I had re-mapped the "save head pos" key to grey Insert since I, for some silly reason, had wanted to use F10 for WEP.  Hope this helps some of the folks having probs with the Pro Throt.  Not sure if this will help with Plain Throt or not.

Unforgiven
Dweebs of Death

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 1999, 07:56:00 AM »
Huh???    

I have a Pro Throttle, and can't seem to move the head position at all.  Maybe the throttle is the problem.  When I push the arrow keys, the head position moves "one click", then immediately pops back to the home position when I release the key.

While it would be nice to move the head position, the main problem for me is that I have only 4 views.  Until "stick sets" are implemented, I'll be sitting on the sidelines.

popeye
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Sharky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.31stfightergroup.com
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 1999, 10:06:00 AM »
Popeye,
Are you in the instant view mode by any chance?  I find that I can't move when in the instant mode other than the one "click" as you discribe.  Try being in the pan view and it should work.  The saved view will still work in the instant mode.

Sharky

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 1999, 07:00:00 AM »
Thanks Sharky, that worked.  Now I can move the head position, but --  I STILL ONLY HAVE FOUR VIEWS!!!   Am I the only one who has a four-way hat?  Is there some way -- other than multiple stick sets -- to get more than four views with a four-way hat?

I can't believe this isn't the most important issue on this board.  As far as I am concerned, AH isn't playable without multiple stick sets.  What am I missing?

popeye
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 1999, 07:29:00 AM »
Popeye, what j/s are you using?

I am using a CH Pro Throttle, and a F-16 Fighterstick, and I can use both my 8-way hat, and my 4-way with no problem, for a total of 12 different views.

Even if you have the Combatstick, you should be able to get the two 4-way hats to work to give you your 8 basic views.

I can send you my speedkeys setup if you need it.

------------------
Vermillion
WB's: (verm--), *MOL*, Men of Leisure, Goldlandia
AW's: (verm) ACCS, Aerial Crowd Control Services, Cland

Bax

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 1999, 08:03:00 AM »
Yo Popeye!

Hey bud, what Vermillion said. I have the Pro Throttle attached to a Janes Combatstick, and I get all eight views, by configuring them on my 4way hat on the Pro Throttle and Combatstick. Sure, sticksets would be nice, but I've never really had to use them even in brand W. If you have a 4way hat on yer joystick, yer set.

------------------
Bax (-baxl-)
"BETA TEST NAKED!"

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 1999, 09:40:00 AM »
Heya guys,

I have a CH Pro throttle, and CH F-16 Combatstick.  I guess I could use two different hats, but that will REALLY throw me off my game -- not to mention having to give up the functions that I have assigned to the 2nd hat.  I've been using the same view system in AW and WB for thousands of hours.  I'm too old to change!

Pulllleeeezzzz give me stick sets.  

popeye
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline SMERSH

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 1999, 11:08:00 AM »
Vermillion or anyone else:
Can you give me detailed instructions how to program/use the 8 way hat in the ch fighterstick?

I've got a ch pro throttle/ch fighterstick/ ch pro pedals combo (my f22pro/tqs was getting too old).
Cuz I'm using the "speedkeys" software to program with, and there is no 8 way joystick hat position, only 4 way hats. Now if one of the hats is 8 way by combining 2 of the 4 ways to make the diagonals, that means I have to reassign my Aces high keyboard map diagonal views to be a combo of 2 keypad buttons so "fwd left" normally keypad 7 will be remapped to be a combo of keypad 4 and 8 at once?

I need some detailed help in how to implement 8 way hat with my joystick setup, thanks

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 1999, 11:01:00 AM »
Well, it seems that I can't even use the 2nd hat on the CH Combatstick, but I did manage to get five views using the pinky button.  Still, my SA is completely shot trying to follow cons with a strange view system and only five views.  Multiple stick sets have been part of flight sims forever.  Sure hope AH puts them in.  They've got the most advanced view system going, but (IMO) have missed one of the basics.

popeye
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

TT

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 1999, 12:51:00 PM »
 I know a couple of WB players that were very excited about AH Who have stoped playing over this issue. They have SW sticks. For reasons ive mentiond before while holding a button down to access the up views, you cannot do anything else. Like trim the plane, or use flaps. After the new wore off, they found that this was just to much of a disadvantage. Considering the number of sidewinder owners out there, if  enough of them lose interest over this, it could impact AH bottem line. The fancy view system doesent mean much if you cant interface with it smoothly.

Offline Tjay

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 1999, 03:24:00 PM »
Smersh,
Don't know why you are having probs. I just programmed the four basic views to Hat 1 and the four diagonal views came up automatically on the Fighterstick. Also programmed 'straight up'KP5 view into the up position of one of the throttle hats, and it works like a up modifier - just like in AW.
Didn't do anything special, and was quite surprised it worked. Hope you get it sorted.

------------------
Tjay of the Kraits. All my enemies die laughing.

Offline phaetn

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.dogfighter.com
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 1999, 05:51:00 PM »
TT: I have a MS FFPro.  I have posted a few times in reply to view questions and have tried to always mention the following:

Do not[/i] map the up view using the MS Profiler, but map it internally within AH.  Then it works fine and one can do other things at the same time.  The hang up with the up view is as a result of the external app running in the background.

Now that 8 way hat support has been added in v0.34 there should be little need to use the Profiler in any event, except perhaps for RW or BC.

Cheers,

------------------
phaetnAT
Aces High Alpha Tester

-bmbm-

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 1999, 07:03:00 PM »
CH F16 fighterstick/throttle here.
I have standard views on the coolie hat, with forward view (up) being KPD5. On the pinky button (4?) I have the UP (KP8) view, which works as a modifier to give all forward/backward/up combos. Head/seat position is mapped tp the throttle so I can really move about.

Unforgiven

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 1999, 09:22:00 PM »
  I just uploaded my CH setup for CH Pro Throt, CH/Janes Combat Stick & CH Pedals via e-mail.  It allows for all 24 views with multiple hat/button actions.  You might want to re-program one of the forward/up views as the alternate forward view.  Hope this helps.

Unforgiven

Unforgiven

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 1999, 09:33:00 PM »
  Forgot to mention.  I've done some re-mapping of keys.  I'll try and repair that tomorrow after work and re-upload a "default" version.
   Sorry
     Unforgiven