Author Topic: Saitek X45  (Read 1554 times)

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Saitek X45
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2004, 09:10:40 AM »
I love doing several things at once ;)

Btw I'm suppose to have the time to test really my X45 tomorrow (I'm not at home since 2 weeks).
I hope the feeling will be good (I tested it quite fast 2 week ago but not in "real" flight conditions).

If you have so much trouble finding the part as I've 10 left just send me your snail mail adress I'll send you the parts.

my email is : fdejager@club-internet.fr.

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
Saitek X45
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2004, 09:22:56 AM »
You are the greatest!! I believe I have found something that will work.   http://www.apem.com/pdf/APEM_F.pdf    its the MJTP1230 series. Do you know wich is the correct length. I dont have one in front of me so I cant tell offhand. I believe it is the 8mm MJTP1230C but not sure. This company has a $25 minimum order so I can just order a bunch of each and figure it out that way.

I do really appreciate your offer but as you will probably need them in the future I dont want to take your supply. I need 8 of them anyhow.

Oh on the MJTP1230C they have 4 posts, I can cut two and straighten the other side. then they fit perfect, and can also be used as the regular surface mount switches also. I am interested in these as I dont need to find two seperate parts. Let me know what you think.

Kev
RHIN0 Retired C.O. Sick Puppies Squadron

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Saitek X45
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2004, 09:50:22 AM »
it's not a problem for me to provide you the parts as I can have it on http://www.radiospares.fr/ in less than 24 hours :)

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
Saitek X45
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2004, 10:06:08 AM »
email sent...Thanks!!!!!

Kev

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Saitek X45
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2004, 06:20:13 AM »
Bad news after testing offline in IL2/FB last night the feeling is worst than before and the behaviour is pretty bad.

I ordered some new micro-contact ...

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Saitek X45
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2004, 09:06:35 AM »
Changed all tact switches

It's still a no go ,stick work badly ,feeling is crap I give up.

I've ordered the CH suite : Stick,Throttle,Pedal

Now I'm poor but I'll be happy !!!!!

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
Saitek X45
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2004, 11:21:06 AM »
With the information you gave me I ordered replacement switches to put into my stick. Hopefully I will be able to succesfully repair mine. If not I will be broke just like you because I will also order the CH setup.

What was the problem with your replacement switches? I gather that maybe the shaft of the hat wouldnt engage the switch? That was the problem with the first switches I ordered but the new ones will fix that problem (longer tact button). I will post here and let you know the outcome. Thanks again Straffo for all the help!

Kev

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Saitek X45
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2004, 01:35:41 PM »
It was a all or nothing situation giving that the new switchs are a bit too long I was having contact from time to time to 3 switches and so having immediate return to default view

So I reduced the height of the button and I was having a good feeling only on the left side the right side was not good so yet another time I dissassembled the stick to try to have is right...

This was to much ,pissed I missed my soldering and almost destroyed almost all that tiny wires skiding with the iron.

I hope it will turn better for you but for me it's to much (I know I'm not the best at soldering I prooved it again today :))

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Saitek X45
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2004, 03:04:32 PM »
wow - all that to save $80 ? :)

get the $10 12 month replacement with initial purchase and get a brand new X45 every 10 months for $10 thereafter .. been doing it that way for years at CompUSA
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
Saitek X45
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2004, 04:14:11 PM »
Yep saving $80 to me is great but not the real excitement here. I enjoy tearing stuff apart and putting it back together. Electronics is a hobby of mine and a way to make my living. Its really no big deal to replace, and for the price of $ .11 per switch its alot easier than taking it back every 10 mos for it to only do it again. I am hoping the switches I am buying are going to be more reliable. They are rated for 1,000,000cycles between failure. If all goes well I will have stick as good or better than new by the middle of next week.

Straffo sorry to hear, it sounds like the length is the problem I am ordering several different sizes to hopefully stop this from being an issue. The measurements I made exactly fit one of the switches I am ordering and the others i have on order will be just in case I made an error. I have a Pace PRC 2000 Soldering station with a vacuum to pull the solder out of the existing pads. It really keeps things neat. I know what your talking about with the wires. The first time I attempted to repair I ended up rewiring most of those poor solder joints. The factory didnt do a real great job in production. I hope this to be bulletproof when I am complete. If not its off to the CH shop to give them alot more than the $80. And all those switches will be added to my future project...the cockpit!

Kev

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Saitek X45
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2004, 04:35:43 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
wow - all that to save $80 ? :)

Yeah ,but it was supposed to be fun at first :)

get the $10 12 month replacement with initial purchase and get a brand new X45 every 10 months for $10 thereafter .. been doing it that way for years at CompUSA

This service is not available at my place ... I guess this is the place they send the used X45 :p

Good luck Kevin !

Btw the parts of the X45 are not lost ,I guess I'll retry next week I'll have to rewire the stick try with some new switches and give it to a friend

If all fail I'll make the throttle gameport then build some home-made rudder pedals for the cockpit I'm dreaming off since some years
I never started builing it because I was to lazy to search the parts now I have some :)

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
FIXED!!!
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2004, 08:50:38 AM »
Straffo Im happy to report that all is well in X45 land. I did the repair on my stick and it works just like it did the day I pulled it out of the box.

I wanted to thank you for the info you gave me, it pointed me to a company that has the switches needed to repair this thing. I photographed everything I did while doing this repair and I also didnt use all the cool tools I have. I used a cheap $6 soldering iron from radio shack to do the job. It was alot more difficult to do it that way but I wanted to know that it could be done with more common tools before I post a "How to repair".

Thanks again Straffo!!

Kev

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Saitek X45
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2004, 09:19:55 AM »
no problem mate :) happy to have been helpfull

My X45 is rebuild too ,my son and my daughter are quite please to have a hotas and I'm learning the CH FighterStick getting killed in all lame possible ways :D

My next step is builing some home made rudder pedal and throttle to integrate the whole in a cockpit I plan to build this summer or at the fall

Offline 13Promet

• Copper Member
Saitek X45
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2004, 06:41:07 AM »
Originally posted by straffo

If you have so much trouble finding the part as I've 10 left just send me your snail mail adress I'll send you the parts.

Straffo do you have those parts yet ?
My 6 view not working well any more (after only 8 months of use :confused: ) and I can't find the spare part here in Italy :mad:
If you can send a couple of them, of course I'll pay for them, for the shipping expenses and for your disturb.

Thank you

Promet

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Saitek X45
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2004, 07:02:41 AM »
Send me a mail at : fdejager(at)club-internet.fr with your adress.

No need of money for shipping and so on ,it's quite cheap and sending a letter to Italian won't pork my budget :D

But don't expect the part before 2 weeks cause I've no more part left and I need to make anothe order plus I'm leaving the office for 2 weeks.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2004, 07:04:57 AM by straffo »