Author Topic: Luftwaffe Squads Unite!  (Read 2211 times)

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
Luftwaffe Squads Unite!
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2004, 05:07:31 PM »
Originally posted by Shane

what if france an dthe otehr western european countries were more prepared to repel the initial invasion?

what if 1 of those 17 assination attempts were successful?

Watch it Shane!! Bradys spelling is rubbing off on ya.;)

Hey everybody guess what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The fediddlein  Nazi's and Germans lost the war.  The good guys won whoot whoot!!

This is a game, I play it for fun. It's like playing cowboys and indians, somebodys got to be the indians. Those of us that are willing to do it would appreciate not being called, refered to, implied at , or even jokingly identified as a NAZI. I'm an American, I served in the USAF for 16 years. I have two sons serving in the United States Army , one just got back from Iraq, one still there.

I won't tolerate being called a NAZI , especially by some jagoff hiding behind his computer monitor.   Who probably needs to find a way to make himself feel superior.  It's a freakin game leave the 60 year old Bullchit politics out of it.

Thank you , Thank you very much.:D

Offline gear

• Silver Member
Luftwaffe Squads Unite!
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2004, 05:10:15 PM »
What if Hitler was born a jew,and Einstien ruled germany:confused:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2004, 05:15:41 PM by gear »

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Luftwaffe Squads Unite!
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2004, 05:26:44 PM »
Originally posted by Löwe
somebodys got to be the indians

It's a freakin game leave the 60 year old Bullchit politics out of it.

What he said.

storch

Luftwaffe Squads Unite!
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2004, 05:43:29 PM »
Dangggggggggggggggggggggggggg ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg ggggggggggggggggg

What a bunch of pissants, what Lowe said.  sheesh.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Luftwaffe Squads Unite!
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2004, 05:49:31 PM »
Originally posted by Jester
In fact, if you are not interested in the project - WHY THE HELL did you post here in the first place!?! JESUS CHRIST AND GENERAL JACKSON! Get a damn life!
Thank you.

now both jesus and jackson were *** kickers. but like the nazis the rebels' poor overall stratergery cost them the war.

the jury is still out on jesus.

:D

i fly lw quite abit, if someone said on ch1, or even here, "die die die nazi scum" all in the context of "gameplay"  it'd not bother me one whit.

but i'm not as sensitive a soul as some.

for those who are, let me remind you what mommy and daddy taught you however long ago....

"sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me."

now go have your stuart smalley moment.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2004, 05:52:34 PM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Luftwaffe Squads Unite!
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2004, 05:59:58 PM »

This is a game, I play it for fun. It's like playing cowboys and indians, somebodys got to be the indians. Those of us that are willing to do it would appreciate not being called, refered to, implied at , or even jokingly identified as a NAZI. I'm an American, I served in the USAF for 16 years. I have two sons serving in the United States Army , one just got back from Iraq, one still there.

I won't tolerate being called a NAZI , especially by some jagoff hiding behind his computer monitor.   Who probably needs to find a way to make himself feel superior.  It's a freakin game leave the 60 year old Bullchit politics out of it.

Thank you , Thank you very much.:D

Whoa, hombre. Point of order here.

1. LS merely stated "Awww, we have to fly with the nazis?" (No accusations of any player in AH actually being a member of the Nazi party, a supporter of the Nazi cause or even a veteran of the war having fought in the German forces under Adolph Hitler. A complete generalization. It could even be taken as "Awww, we have to be the BAD guys?")

2. You assumed he just called every AH player in a German plane a Nazi and took offense.

3. AcePappy got offended too and made his own generalized claims defending "the good Germans."

4. Shane offered a more realistic viewpoint.

5. I hinted that nobody was being singled out as a Nazi. (Anyone immediately jumping to that conclusion appears to have jumped too far, too fast and may even need to ask themselves why.)

6. AcePappy got all excited and tried to convince everyone that the Nazis ... errr ... Germans ... kicked everyone's arses up to just about the end when they decided to stop because Hitler shot himself.

7. Gear found a dictionary and decided to educate everyone on what Webster defines a Nazi to be.

8. Shane and Gear and OM debated the finer points for a bit.

9. TwoDogs reaffirmed that JG3 will not be officially flying in the CT still.

10. Furball stirred the pot and took a jab ... as he may as well have because the thread was melting down anyway.

11. Jester declared the thread off limits to non-virtual-Jagedschwader personel.

12. I spraypainted an Allied tag on the wall.

13. You got offended all over again (ironically mentioning how it's all just a game)

14. Gear unintentionally supported Shane's "what ifs."

Ok .... so like .... "Cowboys and Indians" ... yup .... or "Army" .... I guess in the former if one of the kids playing a cowboy calls you a "low down savage redskin injun" you may feel as offended as one in the latter calling you a "dirty ol' Nazi." I'd say in either case you should probably not play the bad guy. :(
« Last Edit: April 26, 2004, 06:02:00 PM by Arlo »

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
Luftwaffe Squads Unite!
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2004, 09:22:22 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Ok .... so like .... "Cowboys and Indians" ... yup .... or "Army" .... I guess in the former if one of the kids playing a cowboy calls you a "low down savage redskin injun" you may feel as offended as one in the latter calling you a "dirty ol' Nazi.":(

Naw I wouldnt have been offended .................... I would have just scalped the lil bastage.:D

I admit I should have just ignored lasersailor. It's my fault this thread de-railed. Offended no I wasn't ......I was pissed though because Jesters trying to do something to make the CT a little more competitive , and as usual somebody who has nothing positive to offer has to sling a **** ball.

Maybe he's like you just a missunderstood individual who has to horn in and throw his opinon in every thread even if the subject doesnt apply to him.

You guys could open a support group....... Threads Anonymous.
"Hello I'm Arlo,,, I'm a compulsive replier who has to add a smartprettythang comment to every thread. No matter what the
subject.":D

CUT THE POLITICS FLY THE SIM.......It's that simple.:aok

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
Luftwaffe Squads Unite!
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2004, 09:32:30 PM »
Naw I wouldnt have been offended .................... I would have just scalped the lil bastage.:D

I admit I should have just ignored lasersailor. It's my fault this thread de-railed. Offended no I wasn't ......I was pissed though because Jesters trying to do something to make the CT a little more competitive , and as usual somebody who has nothing positive to offer has to sling a **** ball.

Maybe he's like you just a missunderstood individual who has to horn in and throw his opinon in every thread even if the subject doesnt apply to him.

"Hello I'm Arlo,,, I'm a compulsive replier who has to add a smartprettythang comment to every thread. No matter what the

CUT THE POLITICS FLY THE SIM.......It's that simple.:aok

Guess we are going to have to learn how to fly the blue planes...
Just take it a little easy on us...

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Luftwaffe Squads Unite!
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2004, 09:34:27 PM »
Wow, this got extended way past what I thought it would be.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Luftwaffe Squads Unite!
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2004, 09:40:38 PM »
Repost a fresh message after all the crap dies down Lowe, and just ignore the retards, otherwise its a pointless exercise. I can recall many a good post going to s*** over the "nazi" thing, and I have not been around that long compared to many.

Really too bad.

Maybe try the Squadrons section. I hope you get a few LW units to together for the CT somehow. Very worth while endevour.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Luftwaffe Squads Unite!
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2004, 10:08:42 PM »

Well he certainly isn't one of the hypersensitive types who think everytime the word Nazi is posted in the CT it's a personal attack against HIM. Yeah .... misunderstood ... that's it. :D

As far as the original intent of the thread goes .... you know I'm glad to see as many players fly Loofty boids as can in the CT. Done said it more than once. More power to ya. Especially since JG3 players never ever fly the CT no mo ... well .... except on occasion .... some of them ..... almost nightly. ;)

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Luftwaffe Squads Unite!
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2004, 06:18:35 AM »
Originally posted by Arlo
10. Furball stirred the pot and took a jab ... as he may as well have because the thread was melting down anyway.

sorry, i just couldn't resist :D
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Marco50

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Luftwaffe Squads Unite!
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2004, 01:42:15 PM »
Originally posted by wolf05
This string started out with great intent, but has wasted away to the same old slashfest of the CT I remember so well!

Although we all have fun in the CT when we do fly here, there is always a reminder of how nasty it can get between the sides. Lots of insults and needless bickering.

No, JG-3 are by no means angels when it comes to doing their fair share of trash talking, but I no longer wish for us to be in that position. I do not wish to commit JG-3 to this group at this time.

However, when we do decide to pop in from time to time, we would welcome the chance to do some coordinated ops with the Axis forces. Thanks.

I would have to say i am with TwoDogs and the 'Udet', at this time i wish not to put my men in on this. ty

Offline Adogg

• Copper Member
...playing peacemaker:
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2004, 04:08:07 PM »
Axis - players are not Nazis, no one said they were. Term was used in its historic sense. I suppose Gerry or Kraut would suffice.

Allies - players are not Tories, Republicans, Democrats or Commies. Yanks, Limey's, and Ruskies will suffice.

Keeping with this tone of moderation - for the debate about who was winning when?

Irrelevant. Germany was the one who finished the war partitioned.

However for those who want to insist that Germany won you can do so only by arguing that it won in the same way Japan won - by being the beneficiary of an obscene amount of American capital in the post-war era.

Now that I've finished being evenhanded - can we kill the thread?

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Luftwaffe Squads Unite!
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2004, 04:55:40 PM »
can we kill the thread?

Sure. But what about the Italians?