Author Topic: Mac ShMac, Port AH to the AMIGA now, or else...  (Read 164 times)

ArcTangent

Mac ShMac, Port AH to the AMIGA now, or else...
« on: October 08, 1999, 02:49:00 AM »
You risk loosing the AMIGA crowd, if you don't port NOW.     (All ten of them.)

Seriously though...
Gonna get a Mac today...For Lunch, with extra cheese and no pickles.    
What is it with these Mac guys that make'm so errie. Is it a cult thing?

Seems like some are trying to use the JEDI mind trick, " You *WILL* port to the Mac now...Porting to the make is easy...These are not the Droids you are looking for..."

Oz posted in a different thread a few words of advice that hold true here:

" I find it best not to unleash the FULL oddity at once..."

Some of these Mac posts have loosely veiled threats and a few hidden 3D messages I think.
( If you stare at them long enough )

HTC has already stated, more than once, that *AT THIS TIME* it is not financially feasable.

Translation:
*AT THIS TIME* there is NO money to do so. Once the pay subscriptions roll (ya know, from us Crazy PC users) & the money starts rolling in, debts get paid, salaries get covered, & maybe a little profit will be left to throw back into
Mac development.

Unless...
1. There are one or two extraordinary MAC programers in the area of HTC offices that would like to volunteer their spare time, *possibly* get paid at a later date   to speed up the process.

2.The only other speed-up alternative would be to send check or money order payable to

HTC Inc.

for the

AH MAC PROGRAMMER FUND.

(This will give HTC a true gauge of MAC interest) I'm sure if the fund amount doesn't reach a certain point within say a month or so, then all money will be returned.

Bottom line, unless you help the *cause* with one of the 2 ways above, then you will just have to wait.

squeak, moan, complain, threaten all you want, It doesn't help the financial limitations currently present.

Hitech and company are no dummies. They are the clever folks who created Warbirds, once THE greatest online air combat sim and Aces High looks to top that. In my opinion AH will be successful with or without Mac development. The strong response from the online community so far proves that.

Threatening to boycott is a kin to shooting yourself in the foot, in essence robbing yourself of revenue that could go towards MAC development AT A LATER TIME.

2 pennies.

Arc T

PS - The "CC Mac" thread is the only thread I have seen to date where someone (Tigger) had to explain their signature Tagline because a mac guy thought it was directed at him. Sheesh. You MAC peeps need to loosen up...You give me the Heebie Geebees.
( See...Look at the goose pimples on my arm. )

[This message has been edited by ArcTangent (edited 10-08-1999).]