Author Topic: Race Driver 2  (Read 273 times)

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Race Driver 2
« on: April 24, 2004, 11:09:47 AM »
Pretty decent racing game, from all accounts its a big step up from RD1.

I picked it up yesterday, lots of fun.  I haven't played the retail online yet but I did play the demo online a few times, and the netcode seems decent.  May not support 20 cars online, but in the races I had with 5-8 other guys it was lag free for the most part.

Its not a hardcore sim, and when set to pro-sim mode its not arcadey either.

If you use a wheel, I would reduce the sensitivty in your controller properties, and then reduce saturation in game.

Contains a ton of different classes from Rally, to Aussie V8's, to Big trucks, to DTM, to vintage classics, to SVT Mustangs, to open wheelers and more.

Worth the purchase IMO

SKurj

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Race Driver 2
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2004, 11:11:05 AM »
what kind of racing game is it? bikes, nascar, f1, cart?

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
Race Driver 2
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2004, 03:21:24 AM »

I've got the Aussie version: V8 Supercars 2 on the Xbox, and I really like it...nothing  like a thumping V8 commodore at Bathurst!!....but then I love the formula fords...nothing like sliding those buggers around corners!

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Race Driver 2
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2004, 03:02:17 AM »
downloaded the demo yesterday for a look  and because one of the demo tracks in Phillip Island. I live about 4 k's from the track and have been round it a few times.

The graphics are very good and the track is very realistic. (even down to the ocean/Cape Woolamai in the background)

looks like I'll have to  buy  it  - want to race bathurst in a Commy.

Redd
I come from a land downunder

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
Race Driver 2
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2004, 10:38:40 PM »
It really looks good.I tried the demo.Had graphic issues and couldnt do much with it but from what I saw.Im getting it..Ive been wheeling race sims since Pappy put out Nascar 1.Its been a long time.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Race Driver 2
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2004, 11:45:45 PM »
I DLed the demo weeks ago (the SP).  I was impressed with alot of stuff... but the controls, my god... is the steering sensativity 'normal' in the retail version?

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
Race Driver 2
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2004, 05:44:11 AM »
It can be adjusted.It wasnt easy but I got my wheel doing ok.

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
Race Driver 2
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2004, 06:17:34 AM »
What all does that demo have? I've been thinkin about trying this one out but with the rash of time-limit demos out there I wasn't sure if this was one or not.

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]
Delta Six's Flight School
Put the P-61B in Aces High

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
Race Driver 2
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2004, 06:26:34 AM »
Theres 3 tracks and only 1 car on each to run it.Its not an easy game to play right off.But it will be a fun one.Graphics looked fantastic.Kinda Grand Tourismo 3 with better graphics.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Race Driver 2
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2004, 01:30:36 PM »
2 demos, one MP one SP

The SP demo has 3 cars, 3 tracks, the MP demo has 2 same cars and tracks as SP, and one different car and track.
Its not a time limit demo, and the mp one you can race all you like with it.  There is now a utility permiting you to race any of the 3 cars on any of the 3 tracks.  Licensing issues for some reason prevent the devs from allowing you to run all cars all tracks.

The catch with the demo, is you have to create a profile and setup controls etc each time you start the program.  Though once started your ok for as long as you wanna keep playing.

Saurdaukar

2 suggestions...  I use a Logi FF GT, you can set control to PAD and for steering it at least will feel ok, but your brakes will suck...

I reduced my sensitivity to 24% in the logi control panel, and then in game set to wheel and reduced saturation (advanced)  Can't remember if the advanced option exists in the demo...

SKurj
« Last Edit: April 27, 2004, 01:34:50 PM by SKurj »