Author Topic: Game starts on wrong monitor (dual display)  (Read 184 times)

Offline cassus

• Zinc Member
Game starts on wrong monitor (dual display)
« on: May 04, 2004, 03:10:09 PM »
Hey, Got a prob, AH starts up on my right monitor when its supposed to start on the left (like all other games do, as it is set as my primary monitor). I tried changing the settings under setup, but it wont do anything. just starts up on the right monitor every time. Anyone had this? I hate to have to go and switch cables on the back of my comp every time i wanna play AH. ..

Offline cassus

• Zinc Member
Ok, so i fixed it myself
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 05:22:37 PM »
Well, on the off chance anyone ever experiences this problem, i'm gonna post how i fixed it just to save you some trouble.

I had two selections in the video setup for ah, and both were identical, they looked like this "NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4800 SE \ Microsoft Direct3D Hardware acceleration through Direct3D HAL"
And that is the one stated in the video7.cfg file in the settings folder too.
So i installed AH2 again, just to check what that cfg file would look like, cause it starts on the correct monitor, and it said "DVNVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4800 SE"
So i exchanged them put DVNVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4800 SE in the config7.cfg and now all is golden.
I dont understand why AH would put that in the config files though, its done that the last 5 or so times i've installed it. even after i formated my harddrive and installed fresh, go figure.

anyhow, problem solved, case closed.