Author Topic: To Boroda  (Read 674 times)

Offline lada

• Silver Member
To Boroda
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2004, 04:39:55 PM »
Originally posted by SOB
LOL, why do you even bother?  Pity him.  Not only is he a fool, but he lives in Russia.

we are talking about Russian.
The country, where has been introduced latest model of  Rolls Royce.
Russian is consider to have biggest market for luxury goods.

I dont know exactly why should you pitty him.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
To Boroda
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2004, 04:42:40 PM »
Originally posted by Octavius
Careful with the compliments Pork, he might come on to ya :)  Please, put down the chicken wing

:rofl

Offline lada

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Re: To Boroda
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2004, 04:43:29 PM »
Originally posted by Udie

I'll never understand why HT allowed him here after the WB freehost thing.

Were he personaly involved or what ?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: To Boroda
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2004, 04:45:39 PM »
Originally posted by lada
Were he personaly involved or what ?

:rofl  Yeah, you could say that... :lol ;)

Offline Capt. Pork

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
To Boroda
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2004, 05:07:20 PM »
Originally posted by lada
we are talking about Russian.
The country, where has been introduced latest model of  Rolls Royce.
Russian is consider to have biggest market for luxury goods.

I dont know exactly why should you pitty him.

Ee sho adin nasholsya...

A handful of thugs can afford a luxury car and you use this as an example of Russia being a nice place to live?

What's the average retired government worker making in Russia?

What's the average employed worker making in Russia?

What' the average male life expectancy?

If you find any of these statistics to be favorable, I invite you to spend the rest of your life there.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
To Boroda
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2004, 05:19:33 PM »
Originally posted by Capt. Pork

What's the average employed worker making in Russia?

According to the latest statistics (the State Statistics Committee) the average per capita income in Russia is put at 5,524 roubles a month (approximately 164 euros), but in Moscow the average wage is put at 7,770 roubles (approx. 230 euros). In the rural areas it’s more a question of people making ends meet.

(Source: http://www.europastar.com/europastar/magazine/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000481284 )

What' the average male life expectancy?

According to the most recent data compiled by the State Statistics Committee, the average life expectancy for Russian men is less than 59 years.
Source: The St. Petersburg Times (Russia); January 17, 2003; Irina Titova
« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 05:23:02 PM by Ripsnort »

Offline Capt. Pork

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
To Boroda
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2004, 08:10:29 PM »
It was a rhetorical question Rip. The fact is, it's crappy. Take into account the fact that most of these people are well educated and work in more or less modern fields of endeavor.

Moscow may be a mecca for the luxury trade, but I defy anyone to find me a city with more University-educated prositutes.

When the Russian Special forces dealt with the tragic theater takeover in Moscow a couple years back, most of the civilian deaths were directly attributed to the lack of adequate medical response. In many cases, physically incapacitated rescuees were laid out on the pavement, their mouths open, collecting rainwater, on which they choked.

It was a tragic event all around, but the most basic preparedness on the part of the medical response teams could have serously decreased casualties. There was none because in this 'new russia', human life still means jack ****.

Three years ago, my pops and I visited the Moscow Hospital where he worked up until 1981(when we left). He left the place in a state of shock. He couldn't believe how horrible the conditions had become. Not just how sad the conditions of the equipment and supplied had grown, but how corrupt the administration was.

I truly do pity anyone who lives there. Those who think they're lucky to be there, I pity even more.

God bless the US.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
To Boroda
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2004, 12:43:56 AM »
Originally posted by Batz
I am "addressing" your typical, liberal, Canadian hypocrisy.

No you're not.  The issue on the table is wether or not the in Iraq actions were characteristic of American behaviour.  Your attempt at a rebutal by saying, "Well Canadians did this somewhere else.", is an irrelevant strawman fallacy, with no bearing on the issue at hand, nor my response to it.

I find it interesting that you make a sweeping generalisation about "Canadian hypocracy" though.  First of all I'm to small of sample to make such a generalisation.  And secondly I don't see how I have been hypocritical.

You specify "our response" as if it something different then the American response.

No I didn't.  I ment it as an ownership, nothing more.  Your interpretation is simply that.  But thanks for trying to assign your own meaning to it and asscribing it to me, instead of just asking for clarification.

I asked you examine the American reponse.

Yes, you asked for something I had already provided earilier on in the post.

"Cripes they people are being charged and are probably going to jail."

Even within the US military they have been more open then in the Canadian response to their soldiers murdering an African in their custody.

Perhaps but even by your critieria not nearly open enough.

"initially they tried to cover it up, after the more facts and a Video came out then they were forced to address it,"

The charges were brought after more facts and photographs were released by 60 mins and they were forced to address it.

If you are confident in stating that the incident in Iraq, where a few US soldiers treated a few Iraq prisoners badly, is a fine definition of "American behavior" then you should also agree that the "Somalia incident", where Canadian soldiers abused and murdered a Somali and abused others is an example of "Canadian behavior".

Indeed I should.  But I am not confident in stating that, nor have I or will I.  

I do not say that it is the definition of "American behaviour", but it is representative of an aspect of "American behaviour" if we define "American behaviour" as behaviour displayed by Americans.

If we define "Canada behaviour" as behaviour displayed by Canadians, then yes, the actions taken in Somalia are representitive of an aspect of "Canadian behaviour".

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
To Boroda
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2004, 12:48:21 AM »
This is nothing but a meaningless example of semantic juggling. It's American behavior because in this case, it was exhibited by people who happened ot be Americans--although it's not behavior that's specific to American people in general... Very profound.

Don't blame me because you discided to us a completely subjective term and not bother to define what you ment by it.  And then you are surprise when the arguement come down to semantics?  :rolleyes:

And appealing to redicule does prove anything.  But I did notice that you didn't bother to comment if you thought the statement was wrong or right.

Offline Capt. Pork

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
To Boroda
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2004, 01:51:15 AM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
Don't blame me because you discided to us a completely subjective term and not bother to define what you ment by it.  And then you are surprise when the arguement come down to semantics?  :rolleyes:

And appealing to redicule does prove anything.  But I did notice that you didn't bother to comment if you thought the statement was wrong or right.

My point was that you had no point. Perhaps some or much of your intended meaning was lost in your incomprehensible language.

Regarding your statement, yes, Americans were responsible for the act in question. That much is doubtless. That being said, the fact that it was perpetrated by Americans says nothing at all about Americans as a whole. If it's your intention to label these actions as typical of the American people, then we have nothing to discuss.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
To Boroda
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2004, 03:29:07 AM »
My point was that you had no point.

Yes I did.

"I find what most people do when they present a statement such as yours tend to make the next jump, "Well, they aren't true Americans.". Or, "That's not real American behaviour. Thus changing the definition of what an American is to disallow the characteristic, but turning the definition into something meaningless, and nebulous to fit thier arguement. An American is simply someone that is a citizen of the US."

I wanted to clarify things to head the above arguement off at the pass before anyone made it, because I have seen too ofter.

[/B]Perhaps some or much of your intended meaning was lost in your incomprehensible language.[/B]

Well Udie seemed to understand me well enough.  And you seemed to as well, to be able to paraphrase me so aptly.

If it is your intention to label these actions as typical of the American people, then we have nothing to discuss.

It is not my intention to do so.  I certainly think actions of these few are not representative of the American people or even it's military.  I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

"But it would be crappy reasoning to generalise and say, "Therefore all Americans display this characteristic"."

"Regardless of what Broda said, I doesn't even mean that displayed by all or even most of the US military, nor is it institutionalised or desireable with in the US military."

Offline Capt. Pork

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
To Boroda
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2004, 10:21:51 AM »
Originally posted by Thrawn

It is not my intention to do so.  I certainly think actions of these few are not representative of the American people or even it's military.  I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Fair enough. I think we can stop this now.