Author Topic: Stupid Europeans up to it again....  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Capt. Pork

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Stupid Europeans up to it again....
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2004, 11:04:21 AM »
Originally posted by lada

got it ?

Not in the least bit.

I was talking about the Lada brand of automobile, not your silly politics.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2004, 02:09:04 AM »
Ravs,

you scared me a bit when I saw that food poisoning line, you had breakfast on the Eurostar? I remember paying 2€ for a mars bar... now I know it's expensive AND dangerous :)

Next time travel by plane, it's way cheaper (60 quids for a round trip) and it's much faster...

Let me know if you plan to come back, I'll gladly lay guide :)

About TinTin, it's no... Beer much more important ;)
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline ravells

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2004, 06:25:01 AM »
This is the second time she's got food poisoning from Eurostar food.

I would really like to go back to Brussels to see, eat and drink more - I didn't even get the chance to eat any Moules Frites! I prefer the train because I'm nervous about flying in commercial planes.

I will definitely be in touch the next time I'm in Brussels and look forward to drinking some good beers with you - thanks for the offer Saw . Btw, same offer if you are ever in London. I shall introduce you to 'Bishops Finger'.

Ravs.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2004, 06:38:47 AM »
Rav - how much is a return to Brussels these days? I did it in 1998 but don't recall the price.

Hehe, I had intended to go to Paris, but the World Cup was on - hotels full etc...

Offline ravells

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2004, 06:48:26 AM »
Wife got the tickets as part of a birthday present and we travelled posh class, so no idea about the cost.

I think its about £250 in first and £100 in standard.  If you havn't been to Brussels I'd really recommend it if you like beer, chocolate and good food.

Ravs

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2004, 07:52:04 AM »
Originally posted by ravells
This is the second time she's got food poisoning from Eurostar food.

I would really like to go back to Brussels to see, eat and drink more - I didn't even get the chance to eat any Moules Frites! I prefer the train because I'm nervous about flying in commercial planes.

I will definitely be in touch the next time I'm in Brussels and look forward to drinking some good beers with you - thanks for the offer Saw . Btw, same offer if you are ever in London. I shall introduce you to 'Bishops Finger'.

Ravs.

u shouldn't be nervous about flying ravs, if terrorsts hijack ur plane and whack the pilots just gang up on em retake the plane< this is the hard part actually> then use your online WW II fighter pilot experience to bring the plane in safely to a hero's welcome. Just as long as you dont have any stress related flashbacks and try to "vulch" the field you'll be A-ok :rofl
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline ravells

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2004, 09:28:30 AM »
lolol!

I just hope the controls have a button with a 'g' on it to lower the undercarriage. :)

Ravs

Offline lada

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2004, 10:13:16 AM »
Originally posted by Capt. Pork
Not in the least bit.

I was talking about the Lada brand of automobile, not your silly politics.

LOLLOLL you won this one :D

yeah Lada is russian car manufacture

They were famous these days, but today they only sell some 4x4 here. They are cheap and realiable, but not much confort on board :)

edit.: Lada is name for girls in eastern europe as well.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2004, 05:33:51 AM »
Ravs, Beetle,

Just so you know... I'm not currently in Brussels, nor in Belgium. But if you let me know in time, I can go there during the week-end easily.

Should I be scared by that Bishop Finger thing? I lived in UK for about 3 years, and i don't recall anything like that. (But I DO miss horse radish and Marmite...)
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2004, 10:34:48 AM »
Originally posted by Saintaw
Just so you know... I'm not currently in Brussels, nor in Belgium. But if you let me know in time, I can go there during the week-end easily.
Rgr that. :aok

Now, if you want to hear the latest cockamamey EU scheme, I have a good one for you.

In its blinkered quest to pretend that all 25 countries in the EU are all the same and have equivalent economies and market forces, the EU has just awarded £200 million to the fishing industries of the 10 nations who joined the EU last Saturday. Sounds OK, but there's just one small problem. Three of those countries are landlocked and do not have a coastline, and therefore have no fishing industry to speak of.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:   <-- sometimes one is not enough

Daily Telegraph - full story

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2004, 10:45:17 AM »
This thread did not turn out as I expected....  Silly Euros! :D

Offline lada

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2004, 11:09:17 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ