Author Topic: How about once a month.......  (Read 2463 times)

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
How about once a month.......
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2004, 05:10:25 PM »
Like the idea, it could work and being only once a month (1 in 4 set-ups) it wouldn't crimp the style of those "independent" players that fly the CT.
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2004, 11:08:10 PM »
You make it sound so hard to get a list of the "established", but I'm sure it's easy for anybody that spends a decent amount of time in the CT.  

There would of course be a minumum number of squad members to make you eligible.  As for who decides, well of course it would be the CT staff in the end that decides.

Once a month, as Jester said it wouldn't crimp the style of the indie players and would allow some CT input by the squads that field a large percentage of the "regular" CT players.

If you are stumped at the list part I could help you with it. Other than that would else would keep this from happening?  The idea is very open to constructive criticism.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2004, 12:06:55 AM »
Originally posted by TheBug
There would of course be a minumum number of squad members to make you eligible.  

why?
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2004, 12:10:49 AM »
I think we may be better off leaving player/squad suggestions on a more informal basis.  I think just about every member of the staff would welcome the idea to work with a squad or a group of people if they had an idea they wanted to bring to the CT.  But setting up a formal rotation I think it asking for trouble.  Some people are allready under the impression that the staff caters to favorites while ignoring others and setting up an A,B,C list would only contribute to these feelngs.  

Also the staff tries to maintain some sort of balance in terms of how much time we spend in each theater (with varying degrees of success).  For instance it seems to me that we've gone a few weeks without a good deep water, pto setup.  And right now unless we see one before my next turn in the rotation is up it's my intention to running a little USN vs IJN so the 'cat and corsair boys will get a chance to mix it up with zekes, tonies, georges, whatever.  This is a case where I have a definite idea of what I want next time I'm up and I don't plan on using a player suggested setup.  Other weeks I'm much more open to ideas.  

I don't want it to sound like I'm completely shooting down your idea here, but I think somthing as formal as this month squad A goes, next month it's squad B is asking for trouble.

If you Bug, or the 880, or anyone for that matter have a setup in mind that you would like to see by all means post it and contact a staff member and I"m sure we can figure something out that will work planeset wise and get a timeframe for actually getting it into the CT.  

It's late, I'm tired and true to form I'm rambling now I hope I've made at least a little sense here
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

storch

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2004, 06:28:41 AM »
I know from personal experience that shane is actually a four man squad all by himself.  I am willing to sign an affidavit concerning the veridity of that statement.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2004, 09:32:32 AM »
Originally posted by TheBug
No they are not.
Most CT staffers are hardly ever in the CT anyhow.
With whom are you referring to Bug? :D
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2004, 09:37:32 AM »
Instead of doing 1 setup a month, why not do what we're currently doing - if a setup is requested by the CT members, and it seems to be getting lots of praise, we'll consider it for future rotations.  

A good balanced solution is that we'll make a promise to look at setups posted by the CT members more often than not.  Does that work for you guys? We need to be careful of the vocal minority producing setups 90% of the silent members fly.

storch

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2004, 09:47:46 AM »
FWIW this set up should be used regularly

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2004, 10:42:06 AM »
Why not make a dummy email that people can request set ups and that the CT CM's can access to see what has been requested.  Then the parties that sent the email and the CM can work it out so everyone enjoy.  

Just a thought

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2004, 10:52:06 AM »
Hell Stream you did send your email to a dummy account....ME! :D

Seriously we already bounce ideas from members of the CT around quite a bit. Not every idea we come up with is our own and quite honestly I find it hard to continually come up with ideas; which is why the CT Development Group was put together.

Grits has been thinking up some new stuff but again its a quasi-historical setup and apparently no one likes them even though we are seriously limited in the planeset options at the moment. There are several things in the pipeline and according to an email I recieved last night there should be a new Italy terrain otw within the next few weeks. Its entirely possible that we could have one up and working for a new setup in the summer.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2004, 10:53:00 AM »
Originally posted by storch
FWIW this set up should be used regularly

You mean the '48 Independence set? It's OK, but I'd say no on regular rotation.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2004, 04:37:28 PM »
I think the general CT staff email is ct_staff@hitechcreations.com or it could be without the '_' - let me check.

Sure, email us your proposals and we'll discuss them amongst one another.

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2004, 05:06:41 PM »
Good idea. For our week, we’ll need a banner that incorporates beer, wings, and exploding chutes. I’m thinking maybe a light teal background… but nothing too gauche.

I’d do it myself, but I need a nap.
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2004, 09:41:40 AM »
There would of course be a minumum number of squad members to make you eligible.
That is silly. What about a moderate sized squad that only has one or to guys that flies in the CT? What is the difference between that and a small squad who has only one guy that flies in the CT?

Now if you want to give it to the largest squads that have the most pilots in the CT then just say so and do it, but don’t ever “exclude” the small squads.  They should get their turn also.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2004, 10:21:13 AM »
That is good idea but I see several potential problems:
[list=1]
  • What are the "CT Squadrons" and how we define them. Are these couple of groupd like JG-3 and others that fly CT. Are those most of squadrons that come time to time to fly CT (like 101 Red squ, ISRAEL) could be in rotation. Maybe we should define virtual squadrons (not AH squ) - if someone flyes CT most of time but not member of squadron.....
    In such case there should be exact definition of what is CT squadron.
  • Planceset - I think not all planeset that is given but squdron should be set up. If it has no historical base or/and uses non relevant terrain/skins or/and uses too many subsituations etc.

We should define exact conditions for such setups.
  • How many squadrons should be? If we get 10-15 squ. so they will be able to make a setup only once a year. Otherwise we can get small group of squadrons that will control the new setups.

For example - most of players at CT are from USA - so will we get only PTO or late war ETO?
[/list]

Just hopfully constructive my input.
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel