Author Topic: How about once a month.......  (Read 2456 times)

storch

How about once a month.......
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2004, 03:49:29 PM »
JG3 is no longer a CT squad, sadly.  however some of us continue to frequent the CT to get our fair share of abuse.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2004, 04:04:36 PM »
How about if anyone who's interested simply suggests a set-up on this board.  If it recieves praise and interest then the CMs can run it.

Or is this idea too simple?
There are many established squads and players who could suggest either good or bad set-ups.

eskimo

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2004, 07:46:38 PM »
Originally posted by daddog
That is silly. What about a moderate sized squad that only has one or to guys that flies in the CT? What is the difference between that and a small squad who has only one guy that flies in the CT?

Now if you want to give it to the largest squads that have the most pilots in the CT then just say so and do it, but don’t ever “exclude” the small squads.  They should get their turn also.

How the hell is that silly?  It would allow the players that form the backbone of the CT having a little more direct input.  It is most definitely not intended to cater to the individual and I openly admit that.  I see emailing the CT staff as a way for the individual or small squad to create a setup.  But allowing the squads that generate a large if not a resounding majority of the population in the CT to have direct input in some of the setups that are in the CT is hardly silly to me, but hey I actually fly in there so what do I know.

It would be a method of building a community allowing people to feel they are playing a part, and hopefully generate a little camaradirie and maybe a little less animosity.

Yes maybe it would end up being more PAC/ETO setups, doesn't that pretty much cover most of WWII though?, but wouldn't that pretty much be a case of majority rules??  Being where I live I can't really find a flaw with that belief.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2004, 07:49:33 PM by TheBug »
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2004, 07:49:00 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo2

eskimo

Run that question by the CT staff. And while your at it, ask why some squads seem to be able to request a setup and have it run within two weeks and other squads have to pull teeth for 4 months to get a set up run? Kinda the basis for this whole idea.  If ya get an answer let me know.
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2004, 01:46:08 PM »
How the hell is that silly? It would allow the players that form the backbone of the CT having a little more direct input.
Then have the players suggest setup’s to the CM’s who run the arena. It would be my guess that the CM’s who manage the CT generally rotate between theatres and the times of WWII. If they allow the dominant squads to start running or choosing setups then those squads will obviously start favoring setup’s they like. We will see more of one theatre or time period. Ideally things should be kept on a level ground where we visit different theatres and time periods and never favor one over the other.

It would be a method of building a community allowing people to feel they are playing a part, and hopefully generate a little camaraderie and maybe a little less animosity.
Sorry can’t connect the dots to allowing squads to choose or design a setup would create more camaraderie in the CT.

Yes maybe it would end up being more PAC/ETO setups, doesn't that pretty much cover most of WWII though?, but wouldn't that pretty much be a case of majority rules??
So you are saying the largest squads should get to pick the setup’s? Sorry, don’t agree. The CT is not for the largest squad, but for all the players who enjoy historical setup’s. You move away from that view then you move toward an elitist arena, but it sounds like that is what you want.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2004, 02:46:47 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo2

As a matter of fact yes. You need a certain degree of complexity in order for us to whine about the details once its implemented. Furthermore, your idea does nothing at all to foster the premise of a conspiracy.

Are you new here or something?
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2004, 04:23:40 PM »
couldn't have said it better myself Myelo. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2004, 07:16:05 PM »
Originally posted by TheBug
Run that question by the CT staff. And while your at it, ask why some squads seem to be able to request a setup and have it run within two weeks and other squads have to pull teeth for 4 months to get a set up run? Kinda the basis for this whole idea.  If ya get an answer let me know.

If you are referring to the Slot setup I ran in March then yes Bug you are correct. It did take a while to get it but it wasn't because of teeth getting pulled and whining that it got run. It was because I didn't have an opening till then to do so.

My first setup was in January this year and I made a comment then that I stuck to after I knew the setup schedule. It wasn't because I didn't want to run Squire's suggestion its just the way my claim and schedule fell into place. Because as I have seen it when one person "claims" a setup to run then everyone on the staff lets them have it.

As for the other two week suggestion I don't know where that is from but I can guess it was the one from last week.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2004, 07:53:29 PM »

So you are saying the largest squads should get to pick the setup’s? Sorry, don’t agree. The CT is not for the largest squad, but for all the players who enjoy historical setup’s. You move away from that view then you move toward an elitist arena, but it sounds like that is what you want.

Once every four weeks, so about 12 setups per year, by at minimum 6 squads??  That's elitist?? Continue to put words in my mouth, I do so appreciate that.

The larger squads make up the biggest percentage of the CT on a day to day basis, to ask for direct input for about 4% of the year pear squad hardly seems demanding.
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2004, 08:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by Reschke
If you are referring to the Slot setup I ran in March then yes Bug you are correct. It did take a while to get it but it wasn't because of teeth getting pulled and whining that it got run. It was because I didn't have an opening till then to do so.

My first setup was in January this year and I made a comment then that I stuck to after I knew the setup schedule. It wasn't because I didn't want to run Squire's suggestion its just the way my claim and schedule fell into place. Because as I have seen it when one person "claims" a setup to run then everyone on the staff lets them have it.

As for the other two week suggestion I don't know where that is from but I can guess it was the one from last week.

The teeth pulling started way before you were a CT staffer Reschke, so you waiting to have an open slot wasn't what I was referring to.  In fact, and you may find it hard to believe, I think you are the best thing to happen to to the CT staff and I do appreciate you running that setup when you could fit it in.  My post was not meant to be directed at you, if you took it that way I apologize.

Also yes, your guess is correct I was referring to last week in regards to the two week suggestion.  Are you denying that, that is the case?  Otherwise you lost me with the wording of that last sentence.
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2004, 08:03:33 PM »
Ideally things should be kept on a level ground where we visit different theatres and time periods and never favor one over the other.

Also had to add to this one, if that statement doesn't show how little you fly the CT I don't know what does. :)

Btw where is the Fin-Rus setup??
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2004, 08:09:19 PM »
:rolleyes: What words did I put in your mouth?

But allowing the squads that generate a large if not a resounding majority of the population in the CT to have direct input in some of the setups that are in the CT is hardly silly to me
This is elitist. I don't care how you paint it or if it is only once a year. This arena is for players, not squads. When you start to favor one group over another ... oh wait. You called that majority rules.  Sorry, don't want to put words in your mouth.

That is my two cents. If your bent because I don't agree, well life goes on. :D
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2004, 09:44:53 PM »
:rolleyes: What words did I put in your mouth?

That is my two cents. If your bent because I don't agree, well life goes on. :D

So very true, but it's hardly your disagreeing that would get me "bent" as you call it, more so your poor choice of words.
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2004, 09:48:30 PM »
[B This arena is for players, not squads. When you start to favor one group over another ... oh wait. You called that majority rules.  Sorry, don't want to put words in your mouth.

[/B]

Ahh now I'm starting to get it.  The arena is for the players, crikey why didn't I ever figure that one out.  Guess that's why we have the setups being dictated by a staff that just about never shows their faces in the CT, 'cause it all for the players.  All makes sense to me now.
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2004, 10:02:52 PM »
following that logic, i get more of a say in possible CT setups than you because i spent more time there than you. possibly more time overall over time than your whole squad!! :eek:

:D
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798