Author Topic: Prisoner Abuse  (Read 6471 times)

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Prisoner Abuse
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2004, 10:51:06 PM »
Originally posted by capt. apathy
it seems like some soldiers acted in a very unprofessional manner (even sub-human), but it seems to be individual instances, and I've heard no reports that there was ever any attempts to cover it up or allow these things to happen.

According to the General in charge of the facility, cell blocks 1a and 1b (the cell blocks where the incidents took place) were under operational control of military intelligence contractors.

According to the soldiers involved in the incidents they were actting on the orders of these military intelligence contractors.

So the questions are: Who hired these contractors?, For what purpose were they hired?, Who issued them thier orders?,  And who are they legally responsible to?.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Re: Prisoner Abuse
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2004, 11:01:40 PM »
Originally posted by Gixer
Would of thought a thread would of started on this one by now given the amount of media coverage and implications to US Middle East relations

...-Gixer

Yeah, I would have expected more threads about all the prisoners Iraq tortured and the implications that had on US Middle East relations.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Prisoner Abuse
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2004, 11:06:08 PM »
Originally posted by NUKE
Yeah, I would have expected more threads about all the prisoners Iraq tortured and the implications that had on US Middle East relations.

Are you serious?  How many threads have there been about the US going to liberate Iraq so the Iraqis wouldn't be tortured by SH anymore?

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Re: Re: Re: Prisoner Abuse
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2004, 11:09:36 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
Are you serious?  How many threads have there been about the US going to liberate Iraq so the Iraqis wouldn't be tortured by SH anymore?

what do you consider "torture" ?

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Prisoner Abuse
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2004, 11:30:09 PM »
Shoving a broomstick up someone's ass.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Prisoner Abuse
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2004, 11:35:30 PM »
Shoving a broomstick up someones ass.

When was that proven?

What about throwing people into wood chippers,cutting out tongues, chopping off limbs, sending body parts to family members in trash bags, raping children in front of the parents, etc..?  I didn't see you protesting any of that news.

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Prisoner Abuse
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2004, 11:40:52 PM »
According to the General in charge of the facility, cell blocks 1a and 1b (the cell blocks where the incidents took place) were under operational control of military intelligence contractors.

According to the soldiers involved in the incidents they were actting on the orders of these military intelligence contractors.

So the questions are: Who hired these contractors?, For what purpose were they hired?, Who issued them thier orders?, And who are they legally responsible to?.

first I've heard of this (like I said I don't claim to be the most informed), just heard the basics mostly.

I'll wait to decide make any conclusions until some more info comes out.

but my gut reaction is that, if this is true, I don't like it.  what the hell is a military inteligence contractor?  and why would we need to hire private companies to handle this work.  is this just someone who we hire so we can distance ourselves from things that shouldn't be going on.  should private companies be given authority to issue orders to our soldiers?   my answer to that would have to be a big assed no.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Prisoner Abuse
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2004, 01:24:11 AM »

So the questions are: Who hired these contractors?, For what purpose were they hired?, Who issued them thier orders?,  And who are they legally responsible to?.

I really have to wonder if she (the reserve one star who was in charge of the prison) is not just attempting to redirect blame in a desperate attempt to CYA. I'm not saying that her excuses are totally implausable, just that it sounds real suspicious.

There are several holes in her story. Not the least of which is she claimed she reported the problems to higher ranking officers, and nothing happened. Yet a grunt passes a couple of photos to someone in the military staff and the whole thing goes public. Does that not seem at least a little odd to you? I could go on, but if you are convinced she's telling the truth there isn't much point.

Oh, and Gixer, there was a thread about this the day it went public. However, Boroda came in and just generally made a total prettythang of himself and Skuzzy slammed the padlock on it shortly thereafter. Come to think of it, I haven't seen Boroda since.

The gist of the original thread was a total disgust for what happened. It is a great dishonor to the nation in general, and the military in particular. That pretty much sums it up.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Prisoner Abuse
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2004, 01:52:21 AM »
As leader of the free world, I believe the U.S. should hold itself to the highest standards.  Using methods to extract information is one thing, but mistreating prisoners for the sake of amusement and humiliation is unacceptable IMHO.  I hope justice is swift, forceful, and public. I find this personally distasteful and was NOT amused by any means upon viewing the related images.

True but it seems in the eyes of middle east nations that Bush's televised speech regarding the incident was totally unconvincing and ineffective

Cool, I didn't know you were Middle Eastern, or are you just speculating on behalf of millions of people you've never met?
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Prisoner Abuse
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2004, 02:25:38 AM »

Aahhh... famous "not our fault, we just followed orders"...
Newsflash: That didn't work in 1945, why should it work now?

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Prisoner Abuse
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2004, 07:13:41 AM »
New disqusting pictures today in the Washington post :

http://www.washingtonpost.com/

'That female trooper deserves a really good spanking...
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Prisoner Abuse
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2004, 07:23:49 AM »
yep, looks like we may have some bad apples ... pls point out an army that doesn't  

they will be made a huge example of .. would not want to be in their shoes

not knowing what the "prisoners" did before they were captured, I withhold judgement on those that are detaining them..

at the very least, the idiot with the camera should have that camera crammed up his arse..

now onto the the rest of the war...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2004, 07:26:54 AM by Eagler »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
      • http://www.4stormo.it
Prisoner Abuse
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2004, 08:10:55 AM »
From people that always claimed a higher moral ground, I was expecting a different attitude than what Ripsnort, Nuke and Eagler showed.

Steve, You care nothing, I know, but I you for this:

As leader of the free world, I believe the U.S. should hold itself to the highest standards. Using methods to extract information is one thing, but mistreating prisoners for the sake of amusement and humiliation is unacceptable IMHO. I hope justice is swift, forceful, and public. I find this personally distasteful and was NOT amused by any means upon viewing the related images.

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Prisoner Abuse
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2004, 10:36:49 AM »
not knowing what the "prisoners" did before they were captured, I withhold judgement on those that are detaining them..

at the very least, the idiot with the camera should have that camera crammed up his arse..

it doesn't make a damn what those people did before they where captured.  nothing they could have done would excuse this sort of thing.

and why should you be pissed at the guy with the camera?  because witout him we could all be blisfully ignorant and this treatment could continue?

IMO the soldier who released the pics to the media deserves a promotion, he did the right thing without regard for his own safety or how it would effect his career.

it seems the more info that comes out on this the worse it looks.  I've still seen nothing solid to indicate that this treatment was advocated higher up in the bush administration.  I think Kerrys calls for Rumsfeld to resign are a bit premature.  we should have some more info before we start looking for scapegoats.

Offline lada

• Silver Member
Prisoner Abuse
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2004, 10:54:05 AM »
its nice to watch video of Mr. Bush for arabs TV

1. Iraqi must
2, iraqi must

last. Iraqi must

:D

anyway before he made this statement, it were reported as
"Mr. Bush will try to gain lost credit in ME".

Actualy what credit did he have in ME before ?