Author Topic: Wtg Rooks  (Read 1052 times)

Offline Central

• Nickel Member
Wtg Rooks
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2004, 02:09:00 PM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS
It was a thing of beauty!:D   The Massively Massive P38 mission of DOOM!:D muahahahahaha

No pics?!;)

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
Wtg Rooks
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2004, 02:17:17 PM »
Actually, Blammo, Fester's raids hit bish bases near the two last Nit bases, not nits, so when ya get down to it, the "our poor country was gangbanged by the other two doesn't apply".  Fester and Co. hit and captured BISH bases to retake the lead.......how is that ganging up on the hapless nits?  I've been online on evenings when it seemed everyone and their dog was hitting the rooks.......heck, looking at the map you would not see even one nit or bish bases flashing, and nary a dar bar in any of their sectors.  Everyone concentrating on the rooks.
It's been said before, but I'll say it again:  Each country gets their turn as whipping boys, about a year ago it was the rooks, with the nits and bishes each outnumbering the rooks and both hitting them at the same time.  It was not unusual for a map to last three hours max before it was reset and the next one was up.
Now, the same guys who laughed and poked fun because the rooks were getting steamrolled are crying about it happening to them?
:rolleyes:

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
Wtg Rooks
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2004, 02:39:12 PM »
A whine for the book of whines

:aok

I think my formidable creative talents were especially sharp with that one.

Book it!

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
Wtg Rooks
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2004, 02:51:37 PM »
The usual way to get a reset is for someone to get gangbang'd down to just a few bases, no new news there.   Momentum has to get going against one side, and it takes two to do that.

The last unusual reset was Pizza a couple of weeks ago when nits were behind rooks about 30 bases and bish were going down.

While rooks pounded bish, knits pounded the other side of rooks and land grabbed quickly, amazingly stealing the reset away from rooks over the course of a couple of hours. The key there was that bish out up a heck of a defense, drawing all the rook resources to their fight. Rooks failed to leave a sufficient rear guard hanging around.

So don't be upset about banging, it's the way the game works!

Offline txmx

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Wtg Rooks
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2004, 02:59:03 PM »
Originally posted by DipStick
:BIG YAWN:  We fly to have fun and fight, join the Rookie landgrabbers if you like. Ride the swarm!

Theres that fighting knight spirit LOL.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Wtg Rooks
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2004, 03:00:13 PM »
One thing I rarelysee rooks do is pork troops. Thats the war right there in a nut shell. To those who want to win its nearly everything. With out troops your line cannot advance effectivly breaking the backs of those who do not have them.

Many times during the day if I happen to be on; which now that I got a nice little box set up at my office I can play more:D , I see a huge bish or Nit front with strat all up and rooks wondering what in the world they are going to do that will stop this rapid advance. "Pork the fuel!" I hear. Which is ok, with out fuel its much more difficult to win a battle. But I never see anyone; or very rarely I should say, see anyone ever saying..."Pork the barracks...."

And because of that during the day and many other times we lose bases as a result of this. There are a few of us who do try and kill barracks at front line bases and even 2 or 3 bases behind the front, but not many.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Wtg Rooks
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2004, 03:03:14 PM »
Originally posted by eddiek
Actually, Blammo, Fester's raids hit bish bases near the two last Nit bases, not nits, so when ya get down to it, the "our poor country was gangbanged by the other two doesn't apply".  Fester and Co. hit and captured BISH bases to retake the lead.......how is that ganging up on the hapless nits?  I've been online on evenings when it seemed everyone and their dog was hitting the rooks.......heck, looking at the map you would not see even one nit or bish bases flashing, and nary a dar bar in any of their sectors.  Everyone concentrating on the rooks.
It's been said before, but I'll say it again:  Each country gets their turn as whipping boys, about a year ago it was the rooks, with the nits and bishes each outnumbering the rooks and both hitting them at the same time.  It was not unusual for a map to last three hours max before it was reset and the next one was up.
Now, the same guys who laughed and poked fun because the rooks were getting steamrolled are crying about it happening to them?
:rolleyes:

Very nice informative and well said I might add post;)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Hey Fester !!! .. your gear is down !!!
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2004, 06:50:50 PM »
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Wtg Rooks
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2004, 07:00:25 PM »
But I never see anyone; or very rarely I should say, see anyone ever saying..."Pork the barracks...."

When hitting a feild Barracks is always my primary target. Ammo secondary and fuel last.

I rarely if ever attack a base without reason. When I do it is in responce to a current ot mounting threat.
I will upgrade fuel to a secondary target when I see the hoards as this is the only thing that slows em down. But still primary target for me is always barracks.

I have singlehandedly stopped or at least significantly slowed down more then one advance by doing this.

another tactic I use is to hit the barracks at a base that has been very recently captured usually the city barracks is down already and I only have to worry about the barracks on the feild then provided I survive ack or the countless La7s that seem to always be up at a freashly captured base I then go out in search othe the hotpadded goon that is usually OTW to the next base

One or two people can make a difference. And often one or two people can make it into an enemy base when large numbers fail.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Re: Hey Fester !!! .. your gear is down !!!
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2004, 07:33:46 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot

Hey Fester!!!!

YOUR GEAR IS DOWN!!!

ROFLMFAO!!!!!:lol :lol :rofl :rofl