Author Topic: Some B26 Bugs  (Read 404 times)

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
Some B26 Bugs
« on: May 04, 2004, 06:26:29 PM »
1.  Bad freezes on dogfight closures (all 4 of us in fight noticed) when get within 600 yards or so.

2.  CTD switching visibility details.

3.  After ditching, landscape vibrates, not the aircraft.

4.  PLEASE fold clipboard extension back into main clipboard when in hangar.  Extension blocks considerable weapon selection and adds nothing by having map remain open on main clipboard.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
Some B26 Bugs
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 06:42:40 PM »
Extension blocks considerable weapon selection and adds nothing by having map remain open on main clipboard.

Why don't you just minimalizez the clipboard all together when selecting load out? That gets everything out of the way.

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
Some B26 Bugs
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 03:41:26 PM »
Minimalizing the clipboard just makes more work.  What is the point of retaining the arena map in the hangar for weapon and fuel selection?  Makes no sense to me and hugely clutters things.  

Clipboard works fine in Aces High I.  If it ain't broke, why "fix" it in Aces High II?
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
Some B26 Bugs
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 05:58:49 PM »
What could be done is to use the same spot the map display is showing as an ord/fuel selection list. Make it a toggle. Hit a button or right-click and you can see the map to plot ranges and targets while getting your ride set. Uncheck the button or right-click again and see the ord list instead of picking it from the hangar floor. You could still get the visual stuff in the hangar, but with the CB fly-out there's no need anymore to use the hangar floor as the primary selection method. Besides, with the CB map taking up so much space you could actually have a list of different ord options in its place. Ammo belting, bomb types, how much range you can get out of a drop tank, all sorts of info.

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]
Delta Six's Flight School
Put the P-61B in Aces High
« Last Edit: May 05, 2004, 06:02:50 PM by flakbait »

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
Some B26 Bugs
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 06:05:05 PM »
Originally posted by Halo
Minimalizing the clipboard just makes more work.  What is the point of retaining the arena map in the hangar for weapon and fuel selection?  Makes no sense to me and hugely clutters things.  

Clipboard works fine in Aces High I.  If it ain't broke, why "fix" it in Aces High II?

More work? Are you kidding me? Its 1 button click. You just typed 1 years worth of "map minimizing" in that last reply, combine that with the amount of button pushes in your original post you must be worn out, go get some sleep... :p

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
Some B26 Bugs
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2004, 02:24:17 PM »
You didn't answer the question.  What is the point of showing the map when in the hangar to choose fuel and ammo loads?