Author Topic: Beta 27 -- Clipboard Wing  (Read 325 times)

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
Beta 27 -- Clipboard Wing
« on: May 06, 2004, 11:27:29 PM »
Recommend clipboard in hangar remain one panel as it is in Aces High I instead of change in Aces High II to having the map showing on the main clipboard and the aircraft/vehicle selection on an open wing to the viewer's left.

This change clutters the hangar view and requires annoying extra step of clipboard resizing or relocating to view all the hangar options.  Especially when replaning under attack, every second counts.  

Since the map is used to select the field to get into the hangar, no point keeping the map open there, especially when the foldout wing blocks key load selections.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2004, 11:30:06 PM by Halo »
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 07:08:49 AM »
Or just press esc, and have the clip board hide.

HiTech

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 06:27:16 PM »
I sometimes use Esc but usually prefer to click on the clipboard and move it aside.  

However, after selecting and going to the base, I still do not understand the rationale for keeping the map open in the main clipboard and adding vehicle selection on the expanded wing.  

I know what I'm going to fly or drive and where to before I go to the base.  Once at the base, I want to grab the selection and take off as quickly as possible with the least fuss and clutter.

We've had the single clipboard without wings throughout Aces High I.  What's coming in AH II that the clipboard requires such an expansion?
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous