Author Topic: Strat and the current MA terrain  (Read 192 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Strat and the current MA terrain
« on: October 04, 2000, 11:45:00 AM »
I'm liking it!!

Saw several intense armor & air battles up in those canyons last night.. was runnin buff patrols over the canyon armor fields for hours; and actually had a great time.  

Sure seems that the key to a countries posture is the posession of those fields. If your county has 'em; yer offensive, and the county that don't is hideously defensive.

Countries will have to learn to watch their fontiers and these outpost Vfields carefully.. patrols are required the moment the radar grid indicates an enmy approaches.

Suggestion... how about a vehicle deployed/towed radar array?? Didn't we have the ability to tow via halftrack or jeep the elements of a mobile/forward deployable radar system towards the end of WWII?

Hang
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2000, 03:15:00 PM »

Originally posted by Hangtime:

Suggestion... how about a vehicle deployed/towed radar array?? Didn't we have the ability to tow via halftrack or jeep the elements of a mobile/forward deployable radar system towards the end of WWII?
Hang

K.I.S.S. - the words to live by.

How about just a vehicle deployed/towed bunch of grunts?
 Didn't we have the ability to deploy a bunch of grunts with binoculars, listening horns and a radio (drums, smoke) to report the contacts toward the beginning of WWI, let alone WWII?

In real life such forward observation outposts usualy got camuflaged as a bunch of sheep, so no need to create any new graphics for AH...  

miko

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2000, 03:58:00 PM »
I really like the elevation diffs in this terrain. Is there a map somewhere that shows the elevation of the bases?

Eagler

mdisalle@disalle.com
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2000, 07:19:00 PM »
I like the elevation but I have a hard time to "kill" someone. As soon as I engage someone and he is in trouble, he dives to his ack. An as the fields are pretty close, he escapes and land.

An another variant is the bad guy to dive to his buddies.

The elevation part is great, even the 'small hills' are nice for dogfighting.
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

funked

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2000, 07:51:00 PM »
BUFFs hitting individual vehicles is ridiculous.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2000, 12:06:00 PM »

BUFFs hitting individual vehicles is ridiculous.

LOL.. where'd that come from??

Since straffing a Flak Waggonnen is tantamount to suicide; (in the sim; the exposed flak panzer gunner never dives for cover or gets killed by flying shredded steel when they are directly attacked by a straffing fighter.. also ridiculous) puchin the pesky bastids out with a buff cruising at 5k is not ridiculous.. it's war. Wonder how many armored convoys; truck and panzer parks and railyards/depots were destroyed by level bombing b25/b26's during the european campain?

The vehicles defense against level buffs.. MOVE; and keep moving. A stationary vehicle is a target begging to be killed...

Yah.. chances of a WWII buff picking off a lone vehicle with a solitary egg were miniscule.. infentesmial in fact. But whats the solution..??

Funked; I love yah.. but when are your barbs gonna start being accompanied by workable solutions to the problems you keep discovering ? (just curious)

Hang

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.