Author Topic: Gaming the Game....  (Read 10529 times)

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Gaming the Game....
« Reply #315 on: May 21, 2004, 03:10:13 PM »
Originally posted by Sikboy
whoa, Deja Vu

-Sik

YOU SAID IT. :D

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Gaming the Game....
« Reply #316 on: May 21, 2004, 03:11:22 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
Hee Hee!

Hiya Steve :D

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Re: you asked for it...
« Reply #317 on: May 21, 2004, 03:17:01 PM »
Originally posted by g00b
Just looked at stats page.

jb77 has 122 kills on jbo8 this tour.

jb77 has 174 Kills TOTAL this tour.

Just a coincidence?

I think not.

g00b

Doh!...here we go again :D
Popcorn anyone?

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Gaming the Game....
« Reply #318 on: May 21, 2004, 03:34:53 PM »
Originally posted by Urchin
I think it is amusing actually.  As if fighter rank actually has anything to do with how good you are in fighters.

I wasn't trying to start a witch hunt 42, I remember seeing one of your squad mates land like a 12 and 18 kill sortie in a 110C4 last night.  Don't see that plane much, kind of stuck in my head.  

Figured it had to be the same guy this guy was talking about.

Hiya Urch. :)
Your post actually brings me to a thought.
"As if fighter rank actually has anything to do with how good you are in fighters."
It should. And it was prolly HTC's intention when they setup the Score/Rank data base. You know? A way for a person to track their improvements over time, by compareing theirselves to the community. However, It is actually impossible to use the Rank/Scores database for anything meaningfull because of the inability to control the behavior of individuals in the community, as we see here, and have in the past.

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Gaming the Game....
« Reply #319 on: May 21, 2004, 03:48:27 PM »
Originally posted by Roscoroo
Talking a buddie into a extra acct .. $15.00
Buddie gets account                    ....$30.00
Talking your whole squad into vulching
the extra account                       ...   $200.00
Alcohol consumed while score vulching   $400.00

Getting caught by the whole arena ....   Priceless
:D

Woohooo Now dats poetic :rofl

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Gaming the Game....
« Reply #320 on: May 21, 2004, 03:57:36 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
The actions of JB77 bother me not because it is a sad and utterly pathetic way to garner ill-deserved recognition and reward, but because it totally undermines the efforts of the other 3,000+? paying customers. While only a percentage play with Fighter rank in mind, fighter rank is one of the more meaningfull and sought after sub-ranks. Many, like myself, use fighter rank and it's various constituent components as one tool to measure improvement and overall effectiveness of oneself in the MA from camp to camp. Having an individual like Jb77 abuse the system in this way is an insult to those who pursue simulated WW2 fighter piloting as a favorite pastime and hobby.

If morally bankrupt individuals such as JB77 are permitted to bastardize the statistical framework of the game I fear Aces High will undergo a gradual degradation into something more akin to a first person shooter arcade game. The devoted players, the WW2 historian types, and the military and private pilots that play to get absorbed in the finer points of air to air combat could soon become disillusioned and seek their entertainment elsewhere.

Of course, there are those that will say, "It's his 15 bucks, who cares if he gained a top ten fighter rank through cheating." But what would those people say if instead of just this one 'found out' individual, others start copy-catting him, what if 100s of people did this camp-in camp-out? The integrity of the game would be entirely compromised, the effect would be as profound as if someone had hacked the Aces High server. There would be no faith in the system and instead being a game that focussed on the finer points of air to air combat, Aces High would devolve into a, "Who is willing to devote more money,time and energy into cheating" contest.

It is my personal opinion that cases like these, where there is irrefutable evidence that cheating has been occurring for extended periods of time that the culprit should be removed from the game permanently. If not, there is no disincentive to prevent others, perhaps many others from doing the same thing as Jb77 effectively ruining the game for the rest of us. In the final analysis of this sad tale, we all pay 15 bucks a month, just like Jb77. As paying customers yes, we all have the right to pursue pleasure in the game in a miriad of ways, but cheating is not one of those rights. The rest of us have a right to some assurance that the service we pay for is maintained and the integrity of the game preserved, if not, Jb77's $15  a month is allowed to undermine the $15 X 3000 players ($45,000) that HiTech Creations receives from the rest of us, JB77 has NO right to do that, and in my opinion Hitech Creations would be incredibly irresponsible to permit him to continue to do so.

Zazen

Im sure glad you took the time to explain the way i feel on this issue Zazen.  Salute!
MugZ:)

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Gaming the Game....
« Reply #321 on: May 21, 2004, 04:08:33 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
The distinction is, while I have more than 1 account, I cannot and donot use more than 1 simultaneously (I have only 1 computer). Furthermore, the problem isn't that he purchased multiple accounts as I have for family members or for filming premier pilots in action for my film library. The problem is, he uses one to vulch the other over and over and over and over and over, for the sole purpose of quickly accumulating an inordinately high number of perk points and an artificailly inflated rank...

Hmmm I forgot about all those perk points he's getting :(
No he is creating an unfair advantage of sorts?

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Gaming the Game....
« Reply #322 on: May 21, 2004, 04:24:58 PM »
Originally posted by DipStick
Agreed. Score means nothing but it is fun to monitor your k/d or hit % sometimes.

How fun is it now? Or why would one bother in light of the facts we know now?

Offline MaddogWx

• Copper Member
Gaming the Game....
« Reply #323 on: May 21, 2004, 07:01:09 PM »
Food for thought for HTC: Why should I or anyone else PAY for an account?  If the scoring system means nothing, cheating is allowed in the open, and you can play by always getting a new two week account?  If this goes unchecked they may find two things,
 1. Honest people may move on rather than play with known cheats.

2. People that do stay will stop paying.  I mean really why pay? What incentive is there to to follow any rule?

I have asked in previous posts for HTC to do or say something but they appear not to give a damn.  

WHAT SAY YOU? ANYONE FROM HTC?  PLEASE POST AN OFFICIAL OPINION ON THIS TOPIC.  I know I am a junior member so you probably think who the heck is this guy and why should I respond.   Um...two words PAYING customer.

Peace & Love,

Dog Out  :aok

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
Gaming the Game....
« Reply #324 on: May 21, 2004, 09:29:37 PM »
Originally posted by MaddogWx
Food for thought for HTC: Why should I or anyone else PAY for an account?  If the scoring system means nothing, cheating is allowed in the open, and you can play by always getting a new two week account?  If this goes unchecked they may find two things,
 1. Honest people may move on rather than play with known cheats.

2. People that do stay will stop paying.  I mean really why pay? What incentive is there to to follow any rule?

I have asked in previous posts for HTC to do or say something but they appear not to give a damn.  

WHAT SAY YOU? ANYONE FROM HTC?  PLEASE POST AN OFFICIAL OPINION ON THIS TOPIC.  I know I am a junior member so you probably think who the heck is this guy and why should I respond.   Um...two words PAYING customer.

Peace & Love,

Dog Out  :aok

your new here so I'll try and enlighten you on a few thingys here on da board

A) discussions of cheating on the board are taboo voodoo.
the topic of this thread isnt cheating it's padding yur score
B) Demands of Hitech or his staff for responsis on said subjects will get you nowhere on the BBS. Email them or call them for your answers
C) We pay because WE love the game and its our money so we do what we want with it
D) HTC has posted a "OFFICIAL" response on the topic of "cheating" do a search and look it up
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
Gaming the Game....
« Reply #325 on: May 21, 2004, 10:35:05 PM »
And with 14 posts your is not to question why......Yours is but to pay and fly.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline MaddogWx

• Copper Member
Gaming the Game....
« Reply #326 on: May 21, 2004, 11:41:15 PM »
Wildcrd: Oh wise one TY so much for your wisdom.  

People who are "Padding their scores" ARE cheating, you are a sad individual if you do not have the basic morals to see that.  I know it is a virtual world, but when people "Pad" it does effect everyone else, as they "earn" more perk points than they should have and change the play of the game..

So the topic of this thread DOES relate to cheating.  I can understand why some would not like cheating discussed.  An e-mail has been sent - good suggestion, again TY.  I did a search on cheating as you suggested and got hits on 867 posts. Please help me find the one you are refering to.

I also pay for the game, important word PAY.  Indeed everyone should do what they want with their account, as long as it does not change the character of the game.

Thank you for speaking up for HTC.  I am glad you know thier thoughs.  

DrDea - what kind of comment is that, if you have more posts you should be listened to more?  Lame.  The inflow of new people make this a more interesting and challenging game - I would think, but again maybe I am wrong.

:rolleyes:

...steps away from keyboard...takes a deep breath :lol
« Last Edit: May 22, 2004, 12:07:59 AM by MaddogWx »

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
ack ack
« Reply #328 on: May 22, 2004, 01:20:07 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Nope...this rule was brought about by experience from the couple of times we've allowed minors in our squad.  

ack-ack

Hey you still owe me $.57 for the custom "TEEN SQUELCH HACK" and bonus 25% off coupons from http://www.muttonbone.com.

:D
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
Gaming the Game....
« Reply #329 on: May 22, 2004, 05:01:27 AM »
Gracious for the link morph

As for maddog I do see the "moral" implacations.
I was just trying to give ya a heads up unfortunatly u took it as a smartarsed response. And i don't "know" HT's thoughts however HTC has made their stand on this topic extremely clear so yeah on this I do know. And if your around long enough you just might get to know a few things too. good luck
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!