Author Topic: NEWS FLASH!! New WWII Movie coming out!  (Read 2088 times)

Offline Camel

• Zinc Member
NEWS FLASH!! New WWII Movie coming out!
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2000, 07:26:00 PM »
I love my .46(sorta scale) Mustang, one of my best flyers(second plane I built).

I have to admit Ive bought one ARF. I needed something to fight with since losing my only fighter a week before to a beutiful midair with my local shop owner   He demanded a rematch(think he was just trying to move some stock, lol). Well I won the fight, but cracked it up alittle landing it(heavy sucker).

Note: We fight anything with a .40 or less, whenever we get an itch to fight   we are not a 1/12th scale fighting club.

camel

-floo-

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2000, 09:03:00 PM »
I agree.....Disney and Pearl Harbor DON'T mix  

------------------
-floo- fangs out
463rd Bomb Group
15th Air Force

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2000, 09:20:00 PM »
 http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=5100

Go there then click the link about a review of the Pearl Harbor Script. The movie isn't about Pearl Harbor. The movie is about how all the countries involved BECAME involved, by following the lives of two friends who become pilots (One for the RAF 71 Eagles Squadron and one for the U.S. in the Pacific) and a Nurse one of them becomes romantically involved with. My personal feeling is that they will get it right and it will be awesome, or they will blow it big time.....but reserving judgement until I see it.

As for U-571, the `Ain't it cool news' has a review of that movie by someone who went to a pre-screening and said it was excellent.

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2000, 10:00:00 PM »
This being a Disney flick, the 2 men will probably get married and the nurse will become a fighter ace.

--ra--

-floo-

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2000, 10:59:00 PM »
Lets not forget the Jeep which will rush in and save the day ala Herbie the Love Bug  

------------------
-floo- fangs out
463rd Bomb Group
15th Air Force

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2000, 07:31:00 AM »
RA: ROTFLOL!!!

------------------
Brian "Ripsnort" Nelson
++JG2++ ~Richthofen~
(Formerly VF-101 Grim Reapers~Defected~)
"There is no reason anyone would
want a computer in their home."
   Ken Olson, president, chairman and
founder of Digital Equipment Corp.,1977

Offline BBGunn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2000, 03:57:00 PM »
Historic note:  The evidence including copies of intercepts( in Mr. Stinnetts book) indicates that the US knew that the Japanese had plans to attack Hawaii like 9 months in advance.  The FBI knew a Japanese spy was working in Hawaii as well and 'choose' to do nothing about it.   The US intercepted a message from Admiral Yamamoto on 26 Nov 41 which read in part "advance into Hawiian waters".  Washingtons attack alert message on Dec 7 was picked up loud and clear in the Phillipines but was "mysteriously" unreadable at Pearl.  It certainly looks like Admiral Kimmel and General Short were setup and a lot of American lives needlessly lost because the Whitehouse wanted to lure the Japanese into making the first attack.   I think the issue is not whether the Japanese committed war crimes- it is whether or not the US administration betrayed its own people.   Even with the evidence more recently presented by congress, the executive branch will not budge off its original position and Kimmel and Short remain the scapegoats.   Anyways if this interests anyone, there is a lot more stuff in Mr. Stinnetts book.   BB out..........