Author Topic: piece of road  (Read 326 times)

Offline lada

• Silver Member
« Last Edit: May 16, 2004, 10:00:33 AM by lada »

storch

piece of road
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 10:53:59 AM »
good post.  thanks for sharing that.  That could be an interesting cruise once the road is completed.

Offline lada

• Silver Member
piece of road
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2004, 11:28:07 AM »
it appear to have a long strait parts... Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

storch

piece of road
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2004, 12:02:15 PM »
What about speed limits and enforcements?  I was living in Sao Paolo, Brazil  and would sometimes have to drive to Rio on business.  I had a Ford Versailles which was Ok I guess.  I don't remember the name of the road it may have been BR1.  It also had a name, the name of a man but I don't recall.  Anyway I really enjoyed that cruise because it was not too long 2-3 hours and the roads were good for going fast and it was over hills with many good turns.  Also very many scenic views.  One Time we drove from Sao Paolo to Recife in the very north of Brazil.  that was a mission but it was fun and we did it for fun not for business, but to see the country.  my friends thought we were crazy and that we would surely die.  Another great road was one whose name I will never forget Raposo Tavares which takes you in the interior of the state of Sao Paolo.  I had friends in the nearby town of Sorocaba which had a nice par 3 nine hole course so I would zip out there to play mulligan on occasion.  I was usually travelling at 140kph and whenever I did get stopped we could usually negotiate the fine right there with the officer.  I miss that about out of the US.  I would like to take the Pan American Highway from Mexico to Tierra del Fuego  but banditry has been a concern so I never have gone yet.  Perhaps when I retire I will do some of these things.

Offline lada

• Silver Member
piece of road
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2004, 12:08:42 PM »
whats speed limit over there ?

we have 130 kmph overhere, but when you drive 140 its quite ok, 160, its a bit worst.

But i love travelling trough germany.....
when you are doing 180 kmph in right row and then you see ...... fsssssssssssssst..... in left row :D

generaly i belive that speed limits are not needed if people ken keep secure distance.

But they arent able to keep it even with speed limits :D

storch

piece of road
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2004, 12:25:30 PM »
at the time 100 was the limit I have not been back in 10 years.

Offline stiehl

• Copper Member
piece of road
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2004, 05:21:14 PM »
I once drove at 110mph down the Jersey Turnpike in a 89' dodge colt gt....
Looking back, that was probably a stupid, dangerous thing to do.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
piece of road
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2004, 05:50:54 PM »
Originally posted by stiehl
I once drove at 110mph down the Jersey Turnpike in a 89' dodge colt gt....

Which bridge were you falling from?
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
piece of road
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2004, 08:18:04 PM »
Originally posted by rpm371
Which bridge were you falling from?

He was probably stuck to the front grill of a big rig :)
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline stiehl

• Copper Member
piece of road
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2004, 09:14:09 PM »
It was 5am, no traffic. Hell, even with moderate traffic I usually drive around 85 on the NJT. This was back in 97-98 and the Colt wasn't a total POS. When you're young(19 then) you do stupid things, driving that fast in that car counts as a stupid thing.

Offline lada

• Silver Member
piece of road
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2004, 03:39:52 AM »
no here... when i were 19 i were driving slowly coz my skill sux.

now im a bit more older and i drive faster coz i belive in BS, that my skill improve.

but to be serious, i drive fast only when its secure
like it were 16 p.m. strait highway, no cars, you can see 1km infront of you..... we we in a hury, so we drove 230kmph :D

and we meet 2 cars on 50 km