Author Topic: CTD and no hit sprites?  (Read 308 times)

Offline Orig

• Copper Member
CTD and no hit sprites?
« on: May 13, 2004, 06:26:56 PM »
Had one CTD.  Flying P-47, landed and when I hit .ef I dumped to desktop.  I think I was stopped on a junction of two runway surfaces or the junction of a runway and taxiway, so maybe that was part of it, exiting while on 2 runway surfaces at once?

In 2 engagements with the P-47 against a silver P-38, I never saw any hit sprites.  The distance was about 200-300 yards in view over the nose.  I had tracers turned off and both times I shot him down had no idea I was hitting him until his plane fell apart or exploded.  Due to the color of the sprites and the plane plus the transparancy of the gunsight, it's possible that the sprites were there but just impossible to see, but I was looking really closely due to not having ever shot at anything in AH2 before and having tracers turned off.

I saw something like this with another plane, maybe a 109 or la5 or something, but that time I saw one or two hit sprites and then the plane exploded even though I didn't think I was doing that much damage.

No film though, and I had a tough time reproducing this due to getting my butt kicked a few times while looking for the P-38 again.

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
CTD and no hit sprites?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 11:09:16 PM »
Same here orig.  I was also on when you CTD'd.  

I also didnt see any hit sprites for one or two kills.  I was in a Yak9T and popped Hajo's La5 with 37mm.  It was a lucky shot and the cockpit frame _might_ have been in the way, but I dont remember seeing any sprites.  There wasn't an explosion on my FE either... he just disappeared and said good kill :)  This has happened in the AH1 MA as well (no 'splosion, just disappear)
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]