Author Topic: Bounty idea  (Read 283 times)

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
Bounty idea
« on: December 31, 2000, 10:49:00 AM »
hiya all:

This is just an idea, so say what ever you like. I was thinking it would be cool if we could put bountys out on other pilots in the MA, and yes I know we can do it now if we like. But I was thinking along the lines of doing it where the person who place,s the bounty pays up. hehehehehehehe

Now if the crew at HTC where to put up a new link page for the bounty's is how it could work, and once you plce a bounty, HTC would take the money off your visa and it would sit untill the bounty was collected. now there are several ways of doing this up.

The way I was thinking would be a good one I think. first you decide who you want to see trashed for what ever reasons,dislike, respect, what ever.

So now you have a target for everybody to go after. You go to the bounty page, and place you bounty.

1. you place the name of intended victim.
2. you place the amount of cash you will pay.
   (HTC takes the money off your visa or what
    right away.)
3. You set the rules of engagment for    colleting the bounty.
A. how many times a person has to kill
   target.
B. what means can be uesd to kill target.
   Like say no ground units or ships.
4. The kill must be recorded and the film    sent to HTC and they decide if it is a    kill that counts.
5. you could have a few people pitch in to    pay for the bounty by just adding there    names to the list. so if I wanted to put a    $30 bounty out on somebody I could get 5    others and we would each have $5 taken off    our visa's by HTC.

Now here is an example of how it could work.

Lets say I want to put a bounty out on Frenchy. And I get each member of my squad to throw in with me. I go to the bounty page and place the bounty out on Frenchy and put my call sign and each member of my squad 's call sign down. HTC then takes the money off each off our visa's.
I also set the rules of engagmant. anybody can claim this bounty. But this bounty cannot be claim for shooting Frenchy with any kind of ground unit, any kind of ship, and any kind of bomber. To claim the bounty you must kill Frenchy well in a fighter plane. Now Frenchy can be in any thing when you kill him. so if Frenchy is in a M3 and you kill him, it counts as a kill. you must kill Frenchy three times with out getting killed your self prior to killing Frenchy three times. you must supply film to HTC to claim your bounty.
(Now I could set the rules that you must be flying for the Knights team to claim the bounty or any team. that would be up to the person /persons placing the bounty.)
Now there are a lot of people who do not like certain planes, like the chog or the n1ki, so they could set the rules of engagment that those planes could not collect the bounty as well, like I said, it would be up to those placing the bounty to decide.

Now I am sure this will start a interesting flame, but that is not its purpose. and I know it would need a lot of details worked out, but like I said, it is just an idea and I probably have not thought it all out 100%.
so if you have any ideas you think should be added, please do so. and if you think it is a very stupid idea of placing bountys, please state your reason as to why.

well lets hear what you all think.

------------------
wolf37
C.O.
THUNDER BIRDS

Offline Wegaman

• Zinc Member
Bounty idea
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2000, 11:40:00 AM »
i don't understand

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Bounty idea
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2000, 11:42:00 AM »
Umm, this one isn't going to work..
and it would be unfair for those paying customers who would get bountied from time to time...

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Bounty idea
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2000, 11:51:00 AM »
Ahhh, another good idea to reduce the animosity in the MA!  

TheWobble

Bounty idea
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2000, 02:12:00 PM »
GOd i can see the squeak and flame threads already.

Frosty1

Bounty idea
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2000, 03:54:00 PM »
With all do respect to the Quakeheads...

L33T D00D!!!#@$#@! we'z g0tz d4 new r33t H3adHunT3rz b3ta! iT rulez0rz me! qU4ke 4-eva!!!!!!!!#@#@!%$!#566@23123!!!!!

------------------
===>Frosty
====>Exposure2k.com
=====>Frosty@exposure2k.com

PakRat

Bounty idea
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2000, 04:39:00 PM »
A bounty? Somebody have some unresolved issues?  

------------------

---------------------------
Rape, pillage, then burn...

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
Bounty idea
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2000, 04:56:00 PM »
Why me?!? I'm   i n o c e n t !!!

I pay a free P47 classes or free flight over FL for pictures of members of the Thunderbirds  
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
Bounty idea
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2000, 05:20:00 PM »
LOL Wolf!    Have you been sneaking into the new years drinks early?  

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
Bounty idea
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2000, 05:28:00 PM »
to start with:

Frenchy, I picked you because you are a good sport. as for the rest of you, why the problem. I think it would add some fun to the game, one for the person who has a bounty put on them, and two, for those that are hunting him. It would not hurt anybody, except maybe a few scores would get trashed, oh gee to bad for that.

And as for a paying customer getting a bounty put on him, well duh, only an idiot would put a bounty on a newbie that is only here for two weeks.

------------------
wolf37
C.O.
THUNDER BIRDS

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
Bounty idea
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2000, 05:32:00 PM »
Except the the $$ part, it's a fun idea, like the Cutthroat used to do. Maybe it can be from 1 to 10 perk points hehehe.

Wolf, I'm flattered   Have 1 for me tonight, as I'm alone at home again, stuck in USA  
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
Bounty idea
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2000, 05:54:00 PM »
Frenchy:

the perk point idea would be good to, I would give up some of my points to put towards a bounty on somebody.

------------------
wolf37
C.O.
THUNDER BIRDS

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
Bounty idea
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2000, 08:28:00 PM »
Hi all,
 When I 1st read this I thought, Just grab a beer pull up a seat and wait.... but forgeting the money aspect this could be fun. Say one night a week SEA, no icons or radar, one person gets charged with "Capture an enemy field". All ack disabled. I.E just get 10 drunks into the map room. Everyone else has to find them and shoot them down. If the person wins they get 100 perk points. If they get caught the points get distributed (By the HTC scoring system) between the people responsible for downing them.

Just a thought

TTFN
snafu

------------------
  snafus Homepage

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Bounty idea
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2000, 11:06:00 PM »

Originally posted by wolf37:
And as for a paying customer getting a bounty put on him, well duh, only an idiot would put a bounty on a newbie that is only here for two weeks.

Umm.. those are not paying customers?
arent those two week customers just trial cutstomers