Author Topic: HO's  (Read 2282 times)

Offline heatedpitot

• Zinc Member
HO's
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2004, 06:57:50 PM »
Dear Ladies & Gents;
and a special Thank You to the HiTech Gent that has read my post.

I would like to reiterate this is not about HO's nor just COLLISIONS, but more REALITY in our virtual Combat Sim Aces High.

In WWII there were near mid-air's as well as actual COLLISIONS between aircraft.  When a large number of aircraft are operating in a rather relatively small area of AIR SPACE concentrating on Situational Awareness and Aerial Combat Manuevers at high rates of speed combined with fear and fatigue then COLLISIONS did occur both between enemy as well as squadron aircraft.  Regardless of whether the COLLISION is intentional or accidental the outcome was almost always the same, DEATH to both aircraft and pilots.

Once again, I'd like to see if code could be written for such scenerios to make Hitech's Aces High the very best game it can be to imitate what it most certainly would have been like in WWII REALITY.

Once Again,

Thanks to all who have responded,

SS10
in the Great Dismal Swamp in the Great state of North Carolina!

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
HO's
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2004, 07:08:59 PM »
hmm..SS..im not sure ...but sounds liek your talking about Collisions ONLY..

we call Hos in here..when 2 guys fly rigth towards each other..guns blazing...

Now collisions are a differnet thing..almong with the GV damage model..which i seem to always lose the tiger to someones pintle gun..

Teh only problme i see is the collsion model..

I RAREly get into collisons....Soem reason twice in the last week i hav ehad collsions while in soem very tight scissors with nme plane...

we were canopy to canopy...we hit each others wings..I lost half my plane....He flew on Damage free...

Same with other collsion..but I actully had no dmage ..and he went down in flames..

very strange..I think HT said somth about this before.FE or somthn...

but sure would be nice to have both planes damaged...Hell i dont even care if both werent equal dmage..but atleast someth..(better not just be f1 flap hurt)..lolo

but 1 more thing SS10./.....collsion shoudl really be the last thing we need to complain about....very very rare...

Now Jousting..hell thats an everyday choice for soem "pilots" in here:)

Love
BiGB

btw...HT this game is kikasss  thnk you

Offline GODO

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s/fw190.htm
HO's
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2004, 07:43:45 PM »
Really I cant see how a FE can see clearly a collision and not the other. It is like accepting that we can see a bunch of tracers passing away at our left and just then our plane explodes because the other FE saw the hits and due lag our FE missed them. The other plane bullets collide with my plane, and most if not all the times both pilots will agree about the hitting of those bullets. Now we dont talk about small tracers hitting something but about big planes hitting eachother at last clearly in one FE.

Offline MrWulf

• Zinc Member
HO's
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2004, 11:12:32 PM »
I find it IRONIC Whels is making any comments on this subject...when no more than 4 days I was complaining on ch1 about colliding with a wingtip from a 109 and getting an oil leak....I commented collision model needs works, and WHELS piped up on ch1 that the collision model is just fine. Even argued the point that it was a fair amount of damage (wingtip to steel engine) So which is it Whels..does it work or doesnt it?  Hypocrite !!

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
HO's
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2004, 06:06:20 AM »
I find it wierd when you clip another plane with your left wing , but suffer damage to the right wing when it was on the otherside of the fuselage away from any contact. no damage to the left wing at all and it clearly strikes the other plane I was fighting.

I also find it mistifiying why people would want to pick a bone with another player in the BUG forum instead of maybe....lets see...the O'Club or the General Discussion area?

Nobody is perfect, Nothing is Perfect, This game isn't perfect, and thats that!
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
HO's
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2004, 08:39:39 AM »
TequilaChaser, What plane type? That would be a spefic taging problem.

HiTech

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
HO's
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2004, 09:07:17 AM »
Originally posted by hitech
TequilaChaser, What plane type? That would be a spefic taging problem.

HiTech

I was in the F4U1D, flying against  a F6F

I was filming some of these also, will look to see if I have this on film.

call me TC , save your fingers :)

edited: Nevermind hitech, I was in the wrong AH when that happened, after reviewing films in AH2 then AH I realized it happened in AH, I apologize for this post and hope it did not cause you any stress,

TC
« Last Edit: May 18, 2004, 09:25:52 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline whels

• Silver Member
HO's
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2004, 09:57:38 AM »
Originally posted by MrWulf
I find it IRONIC Whels is making any comments on this subject...when no more than 4 days I was complaining on ch1 about colliding with a wingtip from a 109 and getting an oil leak....I commented collision model needs works, and WHELS piped up on ch1 that the collision model is just fine. Even argued the point that it was a fair amount of damage (wingtip to steel engine) So which is it Whels..does it work or doesnt it?  Hypocrite !!

Wulf,

i said according to HT the model was fine, ive thought its been broke for over a year and have said so many times here and in AH chat.

i also told u that ur collision to get just an oil leak was probably considered a glancing strike, not full impact. that the model gave u  the leak for a slight hit. ive gotten ded engines , fuel leaks and oil leaks from collisions, as i got caught by a wingtip or the very top of the tail fin.