Author Topic: ozkansas reset!  (Read 1702 times)

Offline dracon

• Nickel Member
      • http://myweb.cableone.net/decon14/
ozkansas reset!
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2004, 10:57:35 PM »
WRONG Grizz!! H2H is 8 players 4 on 4 preferable, but you get the picture.  Two fields two teams.

We screw up the arena?  On my grizzled combatant, NOTHING screws up this game or the arena like GV's.  Ya know, like where you spend a huge amount of time!  Hidden on the rearm pads and other difficult well rehearsed spots.

As mentioned above, the Rooks are the essence of the game.  Field Capture and Map reset are HTC's preset goals for the MA.  All other variants of the game are tolerated and alive in the MA.  No contest!  Play what you want, but PLEASE don't whine, wimper, or accuse us of "Screwing up the Arena."

The 339th has to tolerate GV's.  Please tolerate what we do!  WE TAKE FIELDS, Lots of them.

Sir

Offline Wadke

• Nickel Member
ozkansas reset!
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2004, 11:30:28 PM »
Yes Grizzly spends alot of time in GVs but who cares....that is how he wants to play...My own opinion is that he was tired of getting gangbanged while flying and is having a better time shooting the lemmings down...He's saved my butt a lot of times...Also he has saved many bases and cv's.... Grizzly used to fly a lot and was darn good at it and i bet he still is....So what if he likes killing people in his osty....He ain't porkin yer field with low level suicide buffs over and over and over....

Online nopoop

• Gold Member
ozkansas reset!
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2004, 11:59:41 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
Well, to each their own but Aces High as it pertains to the MA is a TEAM game.

For you.

It's also a very personal game for you as is evident of your multiple accounts and what you use them for.

Some just like to drop in, have a few good fights, a few laughs and call it a day.

It evident that the game and the outcome of your contribution is very important to you. Your not alone.

That's cool, but your type is wound way too tight for me.

It works for you.

I don't give a rip about the "war", I wanna log on, have a few fights, a laugh, get in too deep and see what shakes out.

The current situation of the "war" never enters my mind.

It's where the fight is..

I love this game but never take it too seriously. It's a release, not a mountain to climb to prove something.

That is a game you play when you buy into it.

If I remember correctly ya got me on furball island the other night. Had my hands full, way too deep, that's what I enjoy.

It all shakes out, you got a skin, and I had my fun.

Funny how it all works out ;)
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
ozkansas reset!
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2004, 12:36:45 AM »
NB, you're doing COD?

My kid got that and I've been messing about with it. Seems like the little troopers are on speed the way they run.

Still for some quick shootin' and killin' it can be fun. Maybe we oughta team up sometime. You could "larn" me sumpin'.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
ozkansas reset!
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2004, 12:55:15 AM »
Originally posted by JB42
These whiners are some of the biggest jokers I have ever heard from. Where was the whining when Knights were desending down South from the Norteast corner of the map on Saturday? I didnt here a single whine from Bish as they pummeled my squad at A114 on Friday. Oh I guess hordes are in the eyes of the horders huh?

Was there Sat night but did not take part in any single knit hoard
And I'd say the most planes fighting for both countries combined at any one time were maybe 8.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
ozkansas reset!
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2004, 03:39:13 AM »
Yeah, OZK reset so we end up, yet again, with ...

... a freaking children's map. :mad:

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
ozkansas reset!
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2004, 03:52:21 AM »
Hi all my name is sam!

I am Beetles twin brother.

Will you guys come out and play with me?:D

If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
ozkansas reset!
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2004, 03:57:12 AM »
LOL! Oh to be that young again...

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
ozkansas reset!
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2004, 07:24:18 AM »
Originally posted by Kweassa
Having the FB, the Damned, and the MAWs on Knits is a crime punishable by the horde.

Send them away to Bish, my Knittish friends, and we Rooks will start spanking the Bish.

LOL :D

Originally posted by Toad

NB, you're doing COD?

My kid got that and I've been messing about with it. Seems like the little troopers are on speed the way they run.

Still for some quick shootin' and killin' it can be fun. Maybe we oughta team up sometime. You could "larn" me sumpin'.

Yah, the AI in COD is the smartest I've seen so far (both enemy and friendly). Been having a lot of fun with it (tryin' to get through on the murderous mode now :)).

As for teaming up...after 10+ years of being pretty much a solo act, old habits die hard :).
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
ozkansas reset!
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2004, 07:49:37 AM »
Until something like the perk multiplier is applied to scoring this is the sort of game you will get.  That is the simple math of it.

Scoring is the primary carrot in AH, so important some even use multiple accounts to get it.   Teams may switch roles but until (rather if) they take away the carrot of scoring through unfair advantage, the rest are going to get beat with the stick of gangs.

Perk balancing was a GREAT IDEA, now apply that concept to what really matters to people and the MA might become a different place, a more competetive place, for everyone.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2004, 07:56:22 AM by Zanth »

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
ozkansas reset!
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2004, 08:20:52 AM »
As long as there are targets this game is ok by me.  It's the long flights and the runners that suck.

Offline Grizzly

• Nickel Member
ozkansas reset!
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2004, 10:22:32 AM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
I understand that some perceive Aces High countries as merely 100+ individuals pursuing their own selfish goals, but don't expect any sympathy because the MA environment is not to your liking when you decide to log. Simply put, a country that plays like a team gets the luxury of a MA more to their liking than a country that does not, to expect otherwise is rediculous. How this is not as obvious as a dog's balls to everyone is beyond my comprehension.

You might call it selfish goals, but it is players doing as they choose, not what you choose. And that is what I expect. I do not expect that gang bangers will stop banging nor land grabbers will stop grabbing nor Rooks will stop playing with themselves on weekends. 'Twill always be so, because they too are doing as they choose. I also expect that I can state an opinion without having it twisted to someone else's agenda. I hope this is as obvious as dog's balls to you.

grizzly

Offline Grizzly

• Nickel Member
ozkansas reset!
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2004, 10:36:42 AM »
Originally posted by dracon
WRONG Grizz!! H2H is 8 players 4 on 4 preferable, but you get the picture.  Two fields two teams.
Sir

I'm afraid you are wrong my dear combatant. Head to Head is play between two players hooked up via modem or network. Eight players is called "Multi-Player", with eight being a common limit for these types of games, but it is often a lot more. What made AW unique (later WB and AH) was that there is no technical limit to the number of players that can play directly against each other. This is called "Massive Multi-Player".

You seem somewhat irked by GVs... all the more reason for me to use them  >=oP

grizzly

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
ozkansas reset!
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2004, 10:45:29 AM »
Originally posted by Zanth
Until something like the perk multiplier is applied to scoring this is the sort of game you will get.  That is the simple math of it.

Scoring is the primary carrot in AH, so important some even use multiple accounts to get it.   Teams may switch roles but until (rather if) they take away the carrot of scoring through unfair advantage, the rest are going to get beat with the stick of gangs.

Perk balancing was a GREAT IDEA, now apply that concept to what really matters to people and the MA might become a different place, a more competetive place, for everyone.

What do you mean? I thought the team w/ fewer numbers would score more perks/kill??? no??

dude

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
ozkansas reset!
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2004, 11:03:53 AM »
Originally posted by Zanth
Scoring is the primary carrot in AH, ...

Perhaps for a few ego challenged individuals. Frankly, for me, your carrot anology would be more accurate as cotton candy... a little sweet taste with little real substance. Btw, the MA is NOT about "team play". It's about doing what you want to do, whether it's team play or solo, gv's or planes...etc.. That's the reason the lil generals get laughed at so often, you can't force anyone to play the way you want them to play :).

TOD will be about team play. Scenerios are about team play. The MA is about fun...whatever floats your PT boat (including team play :)).
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."