Author Topic: ozkansas reset!  (Read 1707 times)

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
ozkansas reset!
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2004, 11:54:49 AM »
LOL!

MiniD

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
ozkansas reset!
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2004, 11:55:16 AM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
Yah, the AI in COD

Mulitplayer man, MULTIPLAYER!

Lots of options, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Mission-oriented stuff. Plenty of ACK-SHUN!

Give it a try!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
ozkansas reset!
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2004, 12:47:59 PM »
Here's the thing.  If you choose not to fly with your team's horde you are, more often than not, fighting another teams horde.  

Next time you are pissed about fighting the horde, open the full map watch your team swarming undefended fields.

...ok, ok, I know YOUR team is above all that.  Right?  But how can everybodies team be above it?

Offline JoeBWan17

• Zinc Member
ozkansas reset!
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2004, 01:52:18 PM »
Originally posted by Grizzly
I'm afraid you are wrong my dear combatant. Head to Head is play between two players hooked up via modem or network. Eight players is called "Multi-Player", with eight being a common limit for these types of games, but it is often a lot more. What made AW unique (later WB and AH) was that there is no technical limit to the number of players that can play directly against each other. This is called "Massive Multi-Player".

You seem somewhat irked by GVs... all the more reason for me to use them  >=oP

grizzly

Maybe you should actually try clicking the H2H button once inside Aces High and see where you end up, since you are so convinced you are right.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
ozkansas reset!
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2004, 02:25:31 PM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
Perhaps for a few ego challenged individuals. Frankly, for me, your carrot anology would be more accurate as cotton candy... a little sweet taste with little real substance. Btw, the MA is NOT about "team play". It's about doing what you want to do, whether it's team play or solo, gv's or planes...etc.. That's the reason the lil generals get laughed at so often, you can't force anyone to play the way you want them to play :).

TOD will be about team play. Scenerios are about team play. The MA is about fun...whatever floats your PT boat (including team play :)).

I know this may come as a shock to some but for alot of people particpating in organized team play is FUN and does exist in Aces HIgh MA as is evidenced by Rooks on Sunday night. I'm not saying just doing your own thing doesn't have the potential to be fun also. But in terms of countries dominating the MA, the team working together most proficiently will tend to make the MA an unpleasant place to 'do your own thing' for the other two teams more often than not...
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
ozkansas reset!
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2004, 02:28:10 PM »
Obviously, do whatever turns you on, but do not whine when 'doing your own thing' paying no heed to the overall strategic dynamic of the arena is thwarted because another team is working efficiently in concert for common objectives. Indirectly you are the cause of your own dissatisfaction, plain and simple...

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
ozkansas reset!
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2004, 02:33:59 PM »
Originally posted by nopoop
For you.

It's also a very personal game for you as is evident of your multiple accounts and what you use them for.

Some just like to drop in, have a few good fights, a few laughs and call it a day.

It evident that the game and the outcome of your contribution is very important to you. Your not alone.

That's cool, but your type is wound way too tight for me.

It works for you.

I don't give a rip about the "war", I wanna log on, have a few fights, a laugh, get in too deep and see what shakes out.

The current situation of the "war" never enters my mind.

It's where the fight is..

I love this game but never take it too seriously. It's a release, not a mountain to climb to prove something.

That is a game you play when you buy into it.

If I remember correctly ya got me on furball island the other night. Had my hands full, way too deep, that's what I enjoy.

It all shakes out, you got a skin, and I had my fun.

Funny how it all works out ;)

I recall that fight vaguely, I don't remember killing you specifically as I killed 6 Knights/Bishops in about 5 minutes. But, I do recall I was one of only two Rooks in a plane in that sector (the rest were in GV's at the Vbases) with a constant influx of Bish and Knit planes.  I guess for you that was in too deep lol. There  was not much notable about that mission, just the same old, up in a great turner (Spit 5 if I recall), yank and bank with some Bish/Knit dweebs, shoot em all down then land, pretty typical really, glad you enjoyed yourself though...

Zazen
« Last Edit: May 18, 2004, 02:38:24 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
ozkansas reset!
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2004, 03:40:41 PM »
Originally posted by TheDudeDVant
What do you mean? I thought the team w/ fewer numbers would score more perks/kill??? no??

dude

You are absolutely correct.  The creation of the perk modifier made a positive change, but the effect was short lived.  Score is not effected at all.  A kill is a kill regardless of the circustances under which is is obtained (hence the appeal of gang bangs).  

Zoom the map out pretty much anytime and look at the balance of green vs. red for the teams.  I just looked right now just to double check and yep, country has a big red bar on one end and a big green bar on the other.  You can look pretty much anytime from any team you will see much the same.

No one is "forced" to play this way, but it sure seems like they are paid to.  If that is desireable gameplay or not, you be the judge.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
ozkansas reset!
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2004, 04:22:12 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
I know this may come as a shock to some but for alot of people particpating in organized team play is FUN and does exist in Aces HIgh MA as is evidenced by Rooks on Sunday night. I'm not saying just doing your own thing doesn't have the potential to be fun also. But in terms of countries dominating the MA, the team working together most proficiently will tend to make the MA an unpleasant place to 'do your own thing' for the other two teams more often than not...

Well Zazen, it's pretty obvious that the only organizational advantage the rooks have is being able to consistantly get enough people on Sunday nights to outnumber the bish/knits. I realize this will be a shock to you, but, the bish and knits can also dominate the MA when they have odds. Here's the real kicker...organization is only really impressive when you can do it WITHOUT odds. Guess what, each country has done this in the past.

Obviously, do whatever turns you on, but do not whine when 'doing your own thing' paying no heed to the overall strategic dynamic of the arena is thwarted because another team is working efficiently in concert for common objectives. Indirectly you are the cause of your own dissatisfaction, plain and simple...

Whine??? Oh PULEEEZ :lol ! Simple statement of what I do when the horde arrives. I didn't complain, grouse or gripe...simply stated that when it happens, I go somewhere else.

"...overall strategic dynamic of the arena is thwarted because another team is working efficiently in concert for common objectives." Not to mention the fact that they completely outnumber their opponents. Gimme a break, Chinese/Russian military tactics are only impressive in their scope...not their execution. As for you pointing out that I am responsible for my on dissatisfaction...well, DUH!!! I never said I wasn't, all I did say is what I chose to do when I become dissatisfied. Had you bothered to read what I wrote, you would have noted that I said the MA is there for everyone to do what they want...they way they want.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Grizzly

• Nickel Member
ozkansas reset!
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2004, 05:10:20 PM »

Whine? Is that the total scope of your thinking, if someone doesn't like the same things you do they're whining? Look way back towards the start of this thread. Someone wondered why the Knits don't organize and capture the arena. I simply explained why. Since you're not a Knit. there was no need for you to chime in.

As far as not liking when the arena is ruined by your land grabbing, few do. It's inconsiderate and obnoxious to intentionally ruin the game for others. HTC should change it so reset happens when someone captures 50% of the arena. Then the rest of us can enjoy the game right up to the end. How about if the Knits simply say, "ok, we give", and you get the reset? We'll gladly give up every night just to make you happy and keep the arena open to enjoy. Until then, go pork a shed.

grizzly

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
ozkansas reset!
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2004, 05:13:22 PM »
Who won the reset Monday? or last as it may be?

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
ozkansas reset!
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2004, 05:25:43 PM »
Originally posted by kj714
Who won the reset Monday? or last as it may be?

Knights did
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Hornet

• Nickel Member
ozkansas reset!
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2004, 06:32:27 PM »
I understand that some perceive Aces High countries as merely 100+ individuals pursuing their own selfish goals, but don't expect any sympathy because the MA environment is not to your liking when you decide to log. Simply put, a country that plays like a team gets the luxury of a MA more to their liking than a country that does not, to expect otherwise is rediculous. How this is not as obvious as a dog's balls to everyone is beyond my comprehension.

don't confuse situational advantage with technical ability. One is far easier to neutralize than the other.
Hornet

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
ozkansas reset!
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2004, 08:04:49 PM »
I recall that fight vaguely, I don't remember killing you specifically as I killed 6 Knights/Bishops in about 5 minutes. But, I do recall I was one of only two Rooks in a plane in that sector (the rest were in GV's at the Vbases) with a constant influx of Bish and Knit planes.  I guess for you that was in too deep lol. There  was not much notable about that mission, just the same old, up in a great turner (Spit 5 if I recall), yank and bank with some Bish/Knit dweebs, shoot em all down then land, pretty typical really, glad you enjoyed yourself though...

Zazen

LOL, I didn't think it was possible, but by God your ego is starting to ooz out of my moniter's menu buttons..

It's in danger of staining my desk !!

Tell me, how often do you wash your car ?? Do you wash it every Saturday at 10 o'clock sharp ??

I imagine most conversations you take part in sooner or later come back to you, and the head that dwarfs the neck.

Be careful, I'll find out where you live and move in next door :)

And yes I can afford it.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
ozkansas reset!
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2004, 08:10:17 PM »
Originally posted by nopoop

And yes I can afford it.

Could you afford to move me next to you two?  :D