Author Topic: AH2 190A-8 skin  (Read 2044 times)

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
AH2 190A-8 skin
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2004, 06:34:46 PM »
Looks good TK! ! Wish I could do that!  :aok

Just got a little bit of bad news.

1. I think the paint scheme you are after was that of GeschwaderKommodore JG 54 Oberstlt. Anton Mader. The camo scheme is similar but you are off in places.

2. This scheme belongs to a 190A-6 not a A-8. It came off his 190A-6 at Dorpat, Estonia - July 1944.

3. You have to remember one thing when doing JG 54 paint schemes - especially paint schemes of aircraft stationed on the Eastern Front.
JG 54 did not go by the regular painting regulations set down by Luftwaffe command so you can only go by them to a certain extent. They made up their own to suit the terrain they were in and some of them are very famous.

II Gruppe's "SERPENT" scheme on their 109F's is one classic example.
I Gruppe's "PATCH" pattern of Black Green, Tan & Greys is another.

I will see if I can get the scanner going TK and send you some pics of the scheme your doing so you will have a refrence to go by.
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline dsrtrat

• Nickel Member
AH2 190A-8 skin
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2004, 07:49:09 AM »
ANyone seen the link to Fester program "bright"? I can't find it.

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
AH2 190A-8 skin
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2004, 08:05:17 AM »

Offline dsrtrat

• Nickel Member
AH2 190A-8 skin
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2004, 12:36:43 PM »
Gold Star for Batz:)))

Now do you have any really neat yet different A5 colour plates? I have put Heniz Bar's A8 on hold as t here are some model issues with it (tail belloy are permanent yellow). If you could email them to me, that would be g reat. Like I said, I like the different and somehwat colourful one:))

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
AH2 190A-8 skin
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2004, 03:33:51 PM »

Flown by Leutnant Emil "Bully" Lang, 5./JG 54, Siverskaja/Russia, May, 1943.

Luftwaffe historians Ray Tolliver and Trevor Constable, describe Emil "Bully" Lang as "one of the bravest men" in the German Luftwaffe. This well known track-and-field athlete joined 9./JG 54 in the East in 1942. He earned the nick-name "Bully" from his bulldog-like appearance. On October 21, 1943, he achieved 12 victories (Nos. 62-73) in one day; in December 1943 within three weeks 72 victories, reportedly 18 on one day! As commander of II./JG 26 he carried on his successes on the Invasion front, shooting down 25 Allied aircraft in a matter of weeks. On July 9, 1944, "Bully" shot down three Spitfires in five minutes; on August 15, two P-47s in one minute; on August 25, two P-38s in three minutes; and on August 26, finally three Spitfires, his victories Nos. 171-173.

"Bully" seemed almost invulnerable, until the undercarriage of his Fw 190 fell out during a dogfight with P-47s over Belgium on September 3, 1944, whereafter he was then shot down and killed.

Comments: JG 54 was known for its ingenious camouflage colors and paint schemes. Both this Fw 190 A-5 [see above] and von Bonin's A-4 had a camouflage in two green colors which resembled the late war RLM 82, and 83.

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
AH2 190A-8 skin
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2004, 03:41:02 PM »
There are isssues with the A5 as well...

The way the texture on the left wing is mapped it gives the illusion that the left wing is to narrow and too short...

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117437

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
AH2 190A-8 skin
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2004, 03:45:03 PM »
Originally posted by Mister Fork
Vaaat?  Zom-von elsh iz usink ohr skinz? Zat is outragezous. How darz zee oppontz uze ohr skinz!

Roflmao on the German accent :lol :rofl :aok :D

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
AH2 190A-8 skin
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2004, 04:20:22 PM »
im looking for some of the good skin makers if u can help me i need to make my 190 have some 'scuff' on it i dont know how to do that if any1 could do it for me send me ur email and ill send u it so u can do it.

Offline dsrtrat

• Nickel Member
AH2 190A-8 skin
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2004, 10:10:00 PM »
Batz, looks good to me. Gonna start that one:)
Thanks again

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
AH2 190A-8 skin
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2004, 03:46:03 AM »
Im looking for some of the good skin makers if u can help me i need to make my 190 have some 'scuff' on it.

I dont know how to do that.. if any1 could do it for me send me ur email and ill send u it so u can do it.

Hmm..

It's not a good idea to ask for someone else to work on it TK. It is hard work, but it's a challenge any would-be skinner has to go through, and I must suggest that you try it yourself.

Experiment on things..  try to come up with ideas on how to depict the subtle stuff..  this whole skinning business is pretty much every bit based on trial-and-error, so you need some time.

As for the A-8 skin, here's a few pointers. I hope it can be viewed as constructive criticism:

First thing I can suggest is a bit of quality control.

One thing I notice immediately is that the skin looks like it is in lower resolution. I can't judge it by the pics alone, but if the skin was indeed created in 1024x1024, then it appears that you're not quite using the full potential of the high-res skinning.

For instance, the panel lines definately need some sharpening. And the border/edge of colors seem a lil' bit .. how do you say.. 'blocky'.

Also, this could be personal, but the color seems a little bit awkward. There isn't any absolute source on what Luftwaffe colors were actually like, but still there's quite of bit of research done on most likely ones.

Try finding some sources on colors to use as reference - looking a picture reference at a glance and trying to replicate it by eye isn't a good idea. (I can post a few links if you need them)

Also, you'd need to concentrate a bit more on the subtle stuff - like for instance, the boundaries between colors are too sharp. These planes were first painted in their "base" colors, and then spray painted in camo colors. The sharp 'border' between differing colors, is what you'd get when you were using a paint brush, not an air spray. It's a small thing, but then again skinning is all about small things and how much of them one can replicate.

All in all, I think it's a great try - my first skin work done in AH1 was pretty much terrible. But it takes some time and experience to bring up the quality of one's skin to high standards.

For instance, I've recently finished Hans Joachim Marseilles Bf109F-4/trop. My very first skinning attempt was that plane. This is about the sixth time I've skinned that plane since AH1, and each time I try it again and again I get better results.

I recommend you try skinning some more planes, experiment a bit with the colors and techniques. With a lil' bit of experience behind you, I'm sure the 190 skin you've done will become something even better.

ps) I'm not sure if HTC will accept an A-8 skinned as a different variant. Be sure to inquire them by e-mail if it is possible.

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
AH2 190A-8 skin
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2004, 03:59:31 AM »
can u give me some tips on how to make my skin look better Kweassa. like how to make it a high resolution.