Author Topic: The MA has invaded the Beta Arena!  (Read 1485 times)

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
The MA has invaded the Beta Arena!
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2004, 11:11:37 AM »
Get ready for the horde beta guys, cause its coming. There will be no stopping it, squads will switch sides to tip numbers in their favor, the gangbangin will begin.... Oh no...no! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"You hear that Mr.Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability."

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2004, 11:22:51 AM »
Hey Hajo. W'ere all doing well.  They continue to take advantage of most of my free time :)  (which is why wasting any extra I have on MA gamplay is so unappealing).  I hope you and yours are well!

If I manage to make it online I'll look for you. Would be fun to try it out before it's ruined.

!!

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2004, 11:36:53 AM »
LOL! AHII has arrived!

When the whines start, it's the real deal!

J/K :)

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2004, 12:12:13 PM »
?My Post was not a whine....more like a plea for some sensibility while Beta Testing.

When AH2 comes to fruition....the hordes will come with it.

As a matter of fact....if you read my Post I don't think the word Horde came up......or even insinuated.

It is just my wish to keep all sides involved in flying fighters.  That's probably the chief reason any of us are here. Combat.

I realize Jabo runs and troop drops have to be practised.  I believe I also stated that fact in my above posts.  Maybe hooked on phonics would improve the reading comprehension in some cases.  In any case unused and undefended bases free for the taking.  Many of them......and a good way to practice.

If not...read my posts carefully....one word or one letter at a time until you get the "gist" of the idea.  There was no finger pointing of individuals or countries.....just putting forward the idea that air to air combat is what makes this game, and that those new to AH2 would be allowed to experience the 3 sided hectic, ACM, SA experience while enjoying the nuances of AH2.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2004, 12:15:48 PM »
Originally posted by Hajo
?My Post was not a whine....more like a plea for some sensibility while Beta Testing.

When AH2 comes to fruition....the hordes will come with it.

As a matter of fact....if you read my Post I don't think the word Horde came up......or even insinuated.

It is just my wish to keep all sides involved in flying fighters.  That's probably the chief reason any of us are here. Combat.

I realize Jabo runs and troop drops have to be practised.  I believe I also stated that fact in my above posts.  Maybe hooked on phonics would improve the reading comprehension in some cases.  In any case unused and undefended bases free for the taking.  Many of them......and a good way to practice.

If not...read my posts carefully....one word or one letter at a time until you get the "gist" of the idea.  There was no finger pointing of individuals or countries.....just putting forward the idea that air to air combat is what makes this game, and that those new to AH2 would be allowed to experience the 3 sided hectic, ACM, SA experience while enjoying the nuances of AH2.

Haj,

I'm just kidding around, don't get upset with me.

KJ714

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2004, 12:17:50 PM »
Kj :)
- The Flying Circus -

Offline FDutchmn

• Silver Member
Re: The MA has invaded the Beta Arena!
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2004, 12:21:31 PM »
For the last 4 days, it was possible for all 3 countries to fight in the A1, A4, and A5 area of the Beta Map.  Until this morning.

Great time to learn any new twists in FM and Gunnery.  Check out the skins on your opponents aircraft while fighting etc.

Great fights too!  Knits, Rooks and Bish battling it out in the above area....until some moron decided to capture A1 for the Rook side.  There were 51 of us in there last night.

As it stands now....the 3 sided fight has become 2.  I know it's Beta and you can change sides.  I have several times.  Flew knit, Rook and Bish....but this really puts a damper on the fun.

Can't we just leave the base capture alone for a short while?

The MA mentality unfortunately has perpetrated the Beta Arena.
Hey...it's your money I understand that, give it a break for a few days willya?

Looking at the map....only ones that are taking bases are Rook and Knit...I know you have to practice....but please take the bases that aren't being used if you want to see how capturing will work out in the new AH2...let the players at least have some fun for a shortwhile anyway before Lemming Season comes in.

ahem!!    Sorry Hajo, me the guilty party ;)  I was trying to locate the map room while at it.

Offline Hening

• Nickel Member
      • http://members.axion.net/~glenb/main.html
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2004, 12:39:24 PM »
There's no whining in AH2?

Get me to a Spit IX and I'll fix that right away.

The MA mood is never quite right without a generous supply of good whine.  :D

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2004, 01:08:44 PM »
If I fly in the Beta arena, I'm flying bombers, like it or not!  I don't fly fighters, and don't intend to there either.  :p
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2004, 01:10:45 PM »
Originally posted by Flossy
If I fly in the Beta arena, I'm flying bombers, like it or not!  I don't fly fighters, and don't intend to there either.  :p

What?

I've seen you in a fighter or two in the MA before, haven't I?

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2004, 01:11:21 PM »
Flossy...LOL go right ahead....that actually has nothing to do with what I posted ;)
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2004, 01:12:27 PM »
FD LOLOLOLOLOLOL  :D
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2004, 01:36:50 PM »
Originally posted by kj714
What?

I've seen you in a fighter or two in the MA before, haven't I?
Very rarely..... usually its a bomber formation or a GV, occasionally a field/ship gun.  ;)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2004, 01:38:21 PM »
It is just my wish to keep all sides involved in flying fighters.
That's what I was referring to, Hajo.....  :D
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Orig

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2004, 02:41:40 PM »
Yea, there were some great fights going on until the base capture thing took over.  Guys who were winging together and using teamwork would stand up against 2-3 times their numbers in opponents while racking up kill after kill.  It was amazing and a lot of fun.  Then a CV wandered by and the heavy AAA scattered everyone so they couldn't fight, then one base or another was captured and suddenly there was no fight at all except with the AAA.