Author Topic: Terrain vs Objects  (Read 194 times)

Offline Mak333

• Nickel Member
Terrain vs Objects
« on: May 21, 2004, 04:59:11 PM »
Who in the hell's idea was it to have object and terrain detail on one single selection of detail slide-bar?  I'd like to have my objects with very high detail but terrain with low.... Nothing to do about that right now, but I hope HTC will fix this (like other games) so we could have very detailed planes and ground objects without the stupid bushes eating our FPS up....

Anyone else frustrated by this?
Mak

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
Terrain vs Objects
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004, 02:36:22 PM »
Yes...but I cant even find the definitions for the slider bars and what they do exactly....could you clue me in on this one?  Still tweaking to get better FR's.

Regards

Offline Orig

• Copper Member
Terrain vs Objects
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2004, 04:24:06 PM »
Mak 33,

First, "who the hell's idea was it" probably refers to hitech and pyro.  Why not go one step farther, say what you really mean, and just call them stupid?  Go ahead, you'll feel better.

Second, objects can be hidden by terrain items like trees and this is a deliberate game feature, so your idea of having terrain items and objects on second sliders is kind of stupid because people would just turn the trees off which would make it impossible to hide under them.

Duh.

Any other thoughtless accusations to hurl at HTC today, or are you finished?  Have you even tried the beta or are you just looking at the sliders and griping about something you haven't bothered to think about?

*sheesh*

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
Terrain vs Objects
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2004, 04:41:21 PM »
Orig...

Any clues on exactly what the bars do?  I understand ground range....

Mak33....if you make the slider go to .5 the min, you will see that trees and such only show up within .5nm of the plane.  Seems to not affect base targets.