Author Topic: Suggestion for patch anouncements  (Read 236 times)

Offline opus

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Suggestion for patch anouncements
« on: May 22, 2004, 11:56:43 PM »
Here's a suggestion. When listing the new beta patch why not list its file size, and the file size of the complete download. I went to AH2 tonight at patch 23, and after 2 updates decided to check the message board. I see its up to 35 and am guessing the full download will be quicker. I don't know though, since patch sizes aren't listed :) (if they were I could add them up! :))

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2004, 12:03:28 AM »
i think they are listed in KBs

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Re: Suggestion for patch anouncements
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2004, 05:49:15 AM »
Originally posted by opus
I see its up to 35 and am guessing the full download will be quicker. I don't know though, since patch sizes aren't listed :) (if they were I could add them up! :))
Yes, I think downloading the full version would definitely be quicker...... some of the patches since 23 have been quite large.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Re: Suggestion for patch anouncements
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2004, 10:23:59 AM »
Originally posted by opus
Here's a suggestion. When listing the new beta patch why not list its file size, and the file size of the complete download. I went to AH2 tonight at patch 23, and after 2 updates decided to check the message board. I see its up to 35 and am guessing the full download will be quicker. I don't know though, since patch sizes aren't listed :) (if they were I could add them up! :))
Normally I wouldn't say this, but assume the full version would be quicker when you're 12 versions behind. :rolleyes:
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Darkish

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2004, 10:30:22 AM »
:lol

Have been updating since Beta8 - Current download folder is 209MB, and this is on DIAL-UP :eek: