Author Topic: AH2 Clipboard Suggestion  (Read 323 times)

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
AH2 Clipboard Suggestion
« on: July 23, 2004, 05:33:40 AM »
I'm not sure if this has been suggested before or not, and it should be a relatively small change.

When you bring up E6B, strat, etc. the side flips open and moves the clipboard to the center of the screen. When you close E6B, the clipboard remains in the center.

I know the immediate solution is to place the clipboard on the right side of the screen. But, personally I favor having the clipboard on the left.

Could you please program the clipboard to slide back to it's original position?
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline SC-Sp00k

• Nickel Member
AH2 Clipboard Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 06:20:02 AM »
Another suggestion.

If the clipboard must remain in the centre of the screen or take up so much space, can a transparency slider be implemented much the same as the gunsight slider that strengthens or weakens the image of a gunsight.

ie; Slide the slider, clipboard remains in place but fades into the background transparently to let us see whats behind it.

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
AH2 Clipboard Suggestion
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 07:25:22 AM »
I like the clipboard on the left myself. Should be a dot command on your preferance for the way your clipboard to opens ".clipboard left" or ".clipboard right"
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
AH2 Clipboard Suggestion
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2004, 09:29:09 AM »
Originally posted by Xargos
I like the clipboard on the left myself. Should be a dot command on your preferance for the way your clipboard to opens ".clipboard left" or ".clipboard right"
i suggested exactly that (well a checkbox) to Hitech online one day.

HiTech himself said that it would be a Major re-write of the code to change the side the clipboard opens. (this was back in beta in the 30's somewhere)

sad to say it is going to the left only as far as what Dale said.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
AH2 Clipboard Suggestion
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2004, 01:41:41 PM »
Ok so leave it on the left...just let the clipboard snap back to where it was before you click E6B when you close it out. Not a programmer but seems there could be ways to work around this without making a major re-write.

Id put this on the back burner though. Lots of other things that should be worked out first.  This is minor IMHO.

RHIN0
RHIN0 Retired C.O. Sick Puppies Squadron

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
AH2 Clipboard Suggestion
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2004, 03:58:55 PM »
I actually liked the AH1 clipboard better. It was easier to move around and do things in it. This whole new system with all the menus changing near the bottom is REALLY annoying. Not to mention way too layered... you can navigate through 3-4 different levels in these tiny text-based menus. Not fun.

And the flip outs can be annoying as well. I'd rather have JUST the main clipboard, but with the flipout info on the main screen.

Maybe have a button to move the foldout data to the main clipboard??

Offline ET

• Copper Member
AH2 Clipboard Suggestion
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2004, 04:16:39 AM »
I keep clipbord on the left too. Wish they could program it to retrurn to original position when you close it. It's one of those constant minor irritants/

Offline Rompa

• Nickel Member
AH2 Clipboard Suggestion
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2004, 02:59:52 PM »
Great idea with clipboad going back to origin place after the flipout

I like the option to make it flip right or left or not flip at all
And wile we are on the clipboard why cant the top section be put out of window (the anoying clip that sticks out over the top).