Author Topic: 8 Knight Fields  (Read 970 times)

Offline JustJim

• Nickel Member
8 Knight Fields
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2004, 10:57:29 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
I can't imagine how it will be better in AH2 when the timid toolshed killers and sky accountant hordes have to switch... I think it will be even worse with the lesser gunnery and late war bias of AH2 I don't see how it could be better.

Imagine all the timid players on the pizza map in AH2.  Will look like a hide and seek mustang convention.

lazs

I see 3 possible remedies to your problem with this game Laz

1, STOP playing cause obviously your far to advanced for all of us dweebs.

2, STFU and deal with it.

3, Become the producer of specialty cheeses to go with your various whines, you should profit greatly from that venture and you will be able to produce your own flight sim as you see fit.

#2, again just cause I like that one

:aok

BTW what is AH1 I forgot what thet even looked like.

AH2 rocks even though I can't hit a thing.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 10:59:37 AM by JustJim »

Offline jodgi

• Nickel Member
      • http://forum.mercair.net
8 Knight Fields
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2004, 01:44:54 PM »
lazs

What if the harder gunnery make life harder for the "sky accountants"?

What if people find you have to get in closer and therefore the fights will be tighter than in AH1?

Maybe there's nothing to worry about.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
8 Knight Fields
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2004, 02:25:52 PM »
justjim... I guess if you never intend to fight any planes then your choices wouild be valid.. when you get good enough to notice I hope you mind your own advice.   As for me.. I will take choice number 4.

jodgi.. you might possibly be right.. I really don't know but it seemed that a lot of people were in late war planes B&Z ing.   They weren't hitting me probly as much but it still isn't any fun to dodge em or work my way up to em... rather be fighting.

lazs

Offline JustJim

• Nickel Member
8 Knight Fields
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2004, 11:19:58 AM »
Actually Lazs my problem is i'm way to intent to fight, I'll fight anything with anything and to be honest i've gotten way to aggressive lately for my own good.

and the when I get good enough to notice comment don't tell me, you imediately checked my stats to reveal i'm not an uber pilot?

unfortunatly what my stats dont show is my over willingness to fight, sorry bud your barking up the wrong tree here with that comment.

JustJim1
III/Jabostaffel

Offline Gruuug

• Zinc Member
8 Knight Fields
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2004, 11:42:38 AM »
Originally posted by jodgi
lazs

What if the harder gunnery make life harder for the "sky accountants"?

What if people find you have to get in closer and therefore the fights will be tighter than in AH1?

Maybe there's nothing to worry about.

Exactly!

A lot of people will be in for a shock when they can't hit anything without practice.  I know I messed a lot :-)

Now, after a lot of working on it, I have my joystick the way I want.  I have found where to set my convergence (225 yards, NO farther) so I can hit.  And have started to adapt to the changes in stall and blackouts.  Not that I am surviving any longer, but at least I do some collateral damage !!

Sky Accountants, here I come!  I feel my kill ratios going up....

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
8 Knight Fields
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2004, 02:28:23 PM »
In regards to the original topic, have ya checked the new MOTD,

If 50% of a fields fuel is destroyed, droptanks will be unavailable.
If 90% of a fields fuel is destroyed, fuel will be 75%

:aok
Cooleyof 367th

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
8 Knight Fields
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2004, 02:49:58 PM »
justjim... I have no idea what your stats are.   I am going by what I seen you do the few times I seen you in the arena.

lazs

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
8 Knight Fields
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2004, 03:56:10 PM »
7/10...next time you need some :mad:  and red colouring

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
8 Knight Fields
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2004, 06:11:46 AM »
For those who might've missed this on the AHII forum:

Originally posted by Pyro
Yeah, we are going to limit the amount of fuel porkage that can be inflicted on a base.  No DT's and 75% fuel will be the most that fuel supplies will be limited to.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
8 Knight Fields
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2004, 08:00:08 AM »
I can't imagine how it will be better in AH2 when the timid toolshed killers and sky accountant hordes have to switch... I think it will be even worse with the lesser gunnery and late war bias of AH2 I don't see how it could be better.

Imagine all the timid players on the pizza map in AH2.  Will look like a hide and seek mustang convention.

lazs

What do you think of a rolling planeset Lazs?(aside from your arena within arena idea)
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
8 Knight Fields
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2004, 08:44:44 AM »
there was one RPS that made sense to me fo an MA style of play..

You divided planes into early, mid and late war sets but... dates were not that important... was more a capabilities thing..  early performance, mid performance and late performance.  

plus... no silly and lopsided axis alied stuff... all that sets planes available at all fields.

Early performance group would be fighting... mid performance a little less so and late war I could go do something else while they all played hide and seek from each other at 15-30k

lazs

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
8 Knight Fields
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2004, 08:50:26 AM »

You divided planes into early, mid and late war sets but... dates were not that important... was more a capabilities thing..  early performance, mid performance and late performance.  

lazs

That would fit my flying style as well..I wish HTC would at least give this a try in AH2 beta...

**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
8 Knight Fields
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2004, 09:05:11 AM »

plus... no silly and lopsided axis alied stuff... all that sets planes available at all fields.

Early performance group would be fighting... mid performance a little less so and late war I could go do something else while they all played hide and seek from each other at 15-30k

lazs

what about the hordes that will cry "where is my p51?"

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
8 Knight Fields
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2004, 09:13:03 AM »
Someone had the idea once to base  the more capable aircraft in closer radii centered on HQ.  As the fight progressed into a country, more and more capable planes came into play (with a core set of planes always available.)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
8 Knight Fields
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2004, 09:37:40 AM »
fights are too spred out now and... the peee 51 boyz would still complain so u wouldn't solve anything.

I actually like my early war area the best.   Choice is unlimited as much as possible except the late war guys wouldn't be able to cap and B&Z early war planes unless the early war guys allowed it.

lazs