Author Topic: New events feature in AH2?  (Read 822 times)

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
New events feature in AH2?
« on: June 05, 2004, 05:24:50 AM »
I wonder if the introduction of AH2 will see any expansion in events features?

Things I'd like to see:

The ability to "preform" a squad. By that I mean that I; as a squad leader; could pop into the SEA on a day prior to the event and set up the squad all ready for event day without needing at least one other person to send an invite to.

The ability to switch squads with out a relog: not a complex process for most; nonetheless the relog requirement generally leads to hairpulling on race day as there's always a few that just don't get it.

The ability for CM's  or CO'sto "lock" radio channels; so no more Ch1 smack talk in an event (could be important in an event where bailers are legitimate targets) or over filled Ch2. May be CM's/CO's can assign channels to squads/wings/sides?

The ability for CM's/CO's to assign skins for squads?

The ability for CM's to assign icon types as a server side setting

Any more? HTC; anythoughts of what AH2 can offer?

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Re: New events feature in AH2?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2004, 07:39:54 AM »
Originally posted by Seeker
The ability for CM's  or CO'sto "lock" radio channels; so no more Ch1 smack talk in an event
Channel 1 is now a switchable setting in the Arena Settings, Seeker, and will definitely be switched off in Scenarios.  :)   Just as well when people like me accidentally type their location on ch 1, as I did in Frame 4 of Kurland.   :eek:   :rofl
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
New events feature in AH2?
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2004, 08:39:57 AM »
The ability to "preform" a squad. By that I mean that I; as a squad leader; could pop into the SEA on a day prior to the event and set up the squad all ready for event day without needing at least one other person to send an invite to.

---

I think you can do this arleady - but it only works on those NOT in a squad at the time they enter the arena.

What might be better is if you can be in MULTIBLE Squads in the SE arena. So you can be in a FSO or SSO Squad and in a Scenario Squad at the same time.

You pick which one you want to be ACTIVE in when you enter.
AW - AH Pilot 199? - 200?
Pulled out of Mothballs for DGS Allied Bomber Group Leader :)

Nose art