Author Topic: Beetle  (Read 1276 times)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Beetle
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2004, 12:02:05 PM »
ou have been told for years from fellow squaddies you need too Grow Up.

Really? what squaddies?  What squads?  I missed all this.  Darn such fascinating conversations were being had and I wasn't there. Thanks for letting me know what I've been missing  all these "years".  lol

You get yourself in impossible situations then call for help

Really? I missed this too.  I don't really remember "Calling" for help all that often.  In fact, hardly ever do at all.  Of course, what people like you consider "impossible" might just start to be interesting or challenging to others.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Beetle
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2004, 12:25:59 PM »
Steve - there's an easier way. Talk on voxx to your fellow rooks. If you get no answer, not even text, the guy is a dork, or doesn't want to work with you, or both. I've been in situations with about 8 rooks and not a word passes on voxx. No 6 calls, no discussion of tactics, nothing. I usually just land, and relocate to another part of the map when I'm amongst guys like that.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Beetle
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2004, 01:04:58 PM »
Dude, Morph, Shane, Furious, Rolex, and Beet:

You guys all make good points, of course. I was whining for the sake of getting something off my chest that has been buggin me more and more of late. Thanks for piping in and not slamming me, as much as a whine as it was, I was an easy target.

Rolex, I know I can specifically not put you amongst the drones(rooks) I discussed.  I remember you being quite vocal as far as sit-reps and fighing goes, TY.

Furious, I should have listed you up top. I love being around your la5.  Do you remember that fight we had on the wavetops a couple/few weeks ago?  You and I were trying to get home, had just killed a couple of guys when a Yak, and La7 showed up.  Man, that was fun stuff.

Shane, I do enjoy switching sides now and then for the sake of killing those that suck.  

Morph, you're right about my sqaud.  I have seen Coors once in the last 3 months, Nuke even less.  Interest waxes and wanes, they are in the "wane" phase.  I will be disbanding the Rat Bastards when I log on tonight.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Beetle
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2004, 01:12:35 PM »
2. I'll give up alt to come in to help someone trailing 3 or 4 bogies. I try to at least get them to pull off by not going after the trailing guy. I try to come in from a front-quarter angle so they all see me as I try to throw a little lead into each to make them disengage. I'm left with a 3/4 v 1 while the rook in trouble flys off home undamaged without so much as a thanks.

Sadly this happens. It may not be intentional but it does. I try to help the ones that can be helped and try even harder to not get myself in a bind for clearing the guy.

3. Some rooks are great about check 6's, some don't know how, but the worst are the ones who intentionally don't give them because they don't want you to maneuver and ruin the perfect shot they have on the target-fixated guy about to blindside you.

A check 6 is a gift. I always try to give them but if i can't get to the button while im fighting, dont expect to get one. For this reason I use VOX. Its much easier to yell out to someone than to hit a button while looking in the direction of the friendly and hope he gets it. I never get upset over a check 6 or lack of getting one because if i die its going to be due to my own lack of Poor SA that got me killed in the first place. Although I will say being used as bait and not knowing it is a real drag. No pun intended.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Beetle
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2004, 01:13:59 PM »
SYSTEM: Steve landed 10 Kills in a P-51D of Army Of Muppets? :D

LOL

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Beetle
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2004, 01:24:18 PM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS
SYSTEM: Steve landed 37 Kills in a P-51D of SlobberDonkeys Beware!? :D

LOL

works for me!! great idea!!

:p :rofl :aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline g00b

• Nickel Member
Steve...
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2004, 01:59:24 PM »
If the rooks do suck now, it's because all of the ol' dogs have gone to AH2. AH2 had about 30 highly skilled rooks in the arena last last night.  Meaning the main arena Rooks lost 10-20% of their total fighting force and probably 50% of their "skilled" pilots.

Why are you still playing AH1?

g00b

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
Beetle
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2004, 02:21:08 PM »
Check six issue happens with each country like Shane said.

I wish the MOTD gave a quick hint to check 6 sometimes.

I logged last night over check 6 issues I Dive in giving 5 check6s in a minute , start clearing nit 6's, only to see a congo line behind me and no nits giving a check 6 back from nits I saved. grrr

So I loaded Red Orchestra and shot me some Jerrys.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 02:28:00 PM by SunKing »

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Beetle
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2004, 02:31:25 PM »
LOL  Shane:D

g00b last night was lots of fun. We had a great furball going on in there. Mass confusion mixxed with the occasional great 1v1 fights. Good stuff all around.

Hell we even had shane talking smack or trying to! LOL Shane...

Yeah, you know its getting close to completion when ya see Shane in there smack talking calling others "Lamer Gangers"!LMAO Shane!

I think i saw him trying to hump my ankle at one point tho. :D :p

Offline wipass

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.secestimating.com
Beetle
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2004, 03:29:20 AM »
Steve you want to take that ego outside and deflate it some

wipass

Offline Misfit

• Nickel Member
Beetle
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2004, 03:36:09 AM »
Hey
JG2 pretty much all fly 109s and 190s. I mean ya sure we take a brake from em but most guys in the squad will choose german iron 1st. We rank ok month in month out IMHO:D

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Beetle
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2004, 09:16:07 AM »
Originally posted by wipass
Steve you want to take that ego outside and deflate it some

wipass

:rolleyes:

Offline wipass

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.secestimating.com
Beetle
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2004, 10:45:15 AM »
maybe yours could do with some deflating too

wipass

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Beetle
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2004, 11:38:06 AM »
Originally posted by wipass
maybe yours could do with some deflating too

wipass
Wayne, you hooked Morph, but Steve got away. If you want to hook Steve, you have to use the G-word - Gottawin! :lol

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
Beetle
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2004, 04:05:22 PM »
Steve....

you know which team we are on....would be a pleasure flyin with you again....and I'm sure other Hornets would like that too.....you'd be most welcomed