Author Topic: 5ghz wireless internet  (Read 240 times)

Offline txmx

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
5ghz wireless internet
« on: May 26, 2004, 01:26:00 AM »
Anybody know about this stuff?

Offline maddog

• Nickel Member
5ghz wireless internet
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 12:54:30 PM »
yes...works great.... Using Linksys (Cisco) router with additional access point in repeater mode to cover patio and garage......

It was easy but ran into problems with firmware levels in both my existing 54G router and the brand new access point from Newegg... Both things I got from Newegg where down rev firmware wise....

Talking to Linksys tech support I found the support from India was both rude and unhelpful.. (during the day  you get India) calling at night you get the Phillipines which have been extremely courteous and very helpful...... They actually emailed me new firmware because by 4 month old router from Newegg was too far down rev to update via there website... Had to upgrade from e-mail before I could upgrade from website......

Otherwise Newegg has been great.....
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 01:02:11 PM by maddog »

Offline txmx

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
5ghz wireless internet
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 02:05:43 AM »
Well they installed the antenna .
Its an odd looking thig about the size of a square  dinner plate with modem right by it.

They gave me the buisness plan at the residential price as i told em I was online alot .

Now here is the cool part being as I am only 1/4 mile for the repeter I will be getting 4megs down and UP !
Can you believe that carp.Man I just hope the pings and stuff arent too out of wack.