Author Topic: A fighter pile-its take  (Read 388 times)

storch

A fighter pile-its take
« on: May 27, 2004, 08:19:29 AM »
Eliminating the buff's external view had little effect on being spotted when I was attacking buffs.  The good buff drivers did well the poor ones did not.  I would say that perhaps it might be better to leave the external view but eliminate formations.  The real BS is 15 laser .50s pointed at you with unrealistic and unerring accuracy.

Offline najdorf

• Copper Member
A fighter pile-its take
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 01:28:38 PM »
The downside of eliminating the formations is you only get 1 bomber to kill.  Luv getting three all at once.

storch

A fighter pile-its take
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 02:02:22 PM »
Originally posted by najdorf
The downside of eliminating the formations is you only get 1 bomber to kill.  Luv getting three all at once.

I thought about that.  on rare occasion I get two even rarer still 3 all by my lonesome.  never against gary26 lokee or shac have I gotten even two.  these guys are the holy grail as far as I'm concerned but I'm still drawn to the buffs even though it's certain death.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
A fighter pile-its take
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 02:40:48 PM »
I think the drones should be removed till they are fixed. I either shoot one bomber and 2 blow up. Or I put enough cannon in one to blow up the Deathstar only to be ripped in half while it flys away laughing at me. I know they're laughing too, I can hear them.

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
A fighter pile-its take
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 02:58:16 PM »
Game play vs realism....

I don't think there is any good solution for bombers.   If they are too easy to shoot down no one will fly them.  Make them to hard to kill and people use them as flying ack ships.

Here is my two-cents....

Create a bomber group which would contain 8 to 10 bombers, that can be controlled like the ship task force.  Don't allow the group to fly under 10k, and don't allow manual gunners...

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
A fighter pile-its take
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 03:04:23 PM »
The only way I can kill buffs is a full on HO in a 110-G2 or a 190-A8, anything else and I die. Just ask LoKee or Propnut. :)

storch

A fighter pile-its take
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2004, 04:07:34 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
The only way I can kill buffs is a full on HO in a 110-G2 or a 190-A8, anything else and I die. Just ask LoKee or Propnut. :)

oooh forgot about the evil propnut, how could I?

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
Re: A fighter pile-its take
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2004, 05:39:31 PM »
Originally posted by storch
The real BS is 15 laser .50s pointed at you with unrealistic and unerring accuracy.

AGREE 110%!

While I think we should keep the formations together for bomber pilots - it is MAJOR BS having every damn gun in the formation fireing at you. Most of the gunners would be busy elsewhere and most wouldn't be able to track on you but every damn gun on the the formation fires at you the way it is now.

My solution is that only the guns the gunner is in at the time would fire on all three planes of the formation. If he is in the tail - all 3 tail guns would fire, if he is in the upper turret - all upper turret guns would fire, etc.

Would do more to make it realistic, take some of the gamieness from the "Ackstars" and at the same time not make the Bomber pilots defenseless.
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

storch

Re: Re: A fighter pile-its take
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 05:51:37 PM »
Originally posted by Jester
AGREE 110%!

While I think we should keep the formations together for bomber pilots - it is MAJOR BS having every damn gun in the formation fireing at you. Most of the gunners would be busy elsewhere and most wouldn't be able to track on you but every damn gun on the the formation fires at you the way it is now.

My solution is that only the guns the gunner is in at the time would fire on all three planes of the formation. If he is in the tail - all 3 tail guns would fire, if he is in the upper turret - all upper turret guns would fire, etc.

Would do more to make it realistic, take some of the gamieness from the "Ackstars" and at the same time not make the Bomber pilots defenseless.

If that were possible that would certainly be an improvement