Author Topic: Internet Browser  (Read 235 times)

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Internet Browser
« on: May 31, 2004, 02:58:48 PM »
I have IE 6 and lately ive had a problem..  When ever i launch Internet Explorer within a few seconds it will shut down by itself,  no error will come up,  basically nothing.  So im asking if anyone would know if there was a patch or something related to solve this problem?  

Thanks..

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
Internet Browser
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 01:26:52 AM »
Could be something you picked up from a site. Run Ad-aware and spybot to see if anything comes up, along with your virus scanner. Failing that, get FireFox from Mozilla; it works without fail (only had it crash once in a year).

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]
Delta Six's Flight School
Put the P-61B in Aces High

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Internet Browser
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 05:20:31 AM »
Yeah i ran both,  Adaware and Norton,  nothing..  Im on Mozilla right now actually,  it's just that if im looking to watch a flash movie and download "java" there's some complications and it never downloads java right..

Offline JB66

• Copper Member
      • http://members.fortunecity.com/ssbranni
Internet Browser
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 09:11:38 AM »
I've got the same problem.  I have just done a fresh re-install of Win xp pro, and IE 6.1.  I did all of the patches and service packs also.
Sometimes there isn't a problem for hours.  Then IE will suddenly close.  I've noticed office applications doing the same thing. AH I has also done the same thing.
I have NAV and it is updated with no viruses detected.  Adaware and spybot didn't pick up anything.  And I've run pandasoft online virus scanning with no problems.
I was thinking that I might have a bad stick of ram or some king of timing issue, but when it closes it dosen't give any information such as address violation at xxxxxx or page fault error etc...