Author Topic: Webpage???  (Read 460 times)

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
Webpage???
« on: May 29, 2004, 05:32:17 AM »
Hey guys can you help me with something? I need help with my webpage. Icant edit it i didnt make it but i know the user name and password but when i type it in it doesnt do nothing. A I need to know how i make a intro and play music in the backround. Do you need some typr of special program to edit a page?:confused:

Offline MaddogJoe

• Nickel Member
Webpage???
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 07:59:39 AM »
you don't need a special program to edit a web page, but it helps  :) This is the code for the top of your web page....

Home

http://flyaceshigh.com/cgi-bin/squads/ahsquads.pl?arena=0&squad=jetb123">
    Roster

Links

All that places the banner and the navigation bar at the top of the page. To edit it, all ya do is type in the new commands  :D

OK I guess it helps if ya know what the commands are ;)  Thats why a "program" helps. Do a search for ACE HTML, and Ace FTP. Both are free programs for making (Ace HTML) and uploading (Ace FTP) web pages. Spend an hour or so with each program, an you'll be littering the internet with web pages in no time !

Good Luck!!

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
Webpage???
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2004, 08:14:30 AM »
ummmm okay so how do i change that. Do i type it in the adress bar. Is there a page where i edit from?

Offline MaddogJoe

• Nickel Member
Webpage???
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2004, 08:26:25 AM »
well I thought that would be enough to scare ya  :) I could type info for a week here and you'll still have trouble understanding how to edit the raw info.

Go get the programs I mentioned. Use the AceFTP to access your web page...useing the name and password you have... and you will find the "index.html" file that is the main page. DL that to your computer. Then using the AceHTML program open that file and use the program to edit it. AceHTML has a button to click to add music, all you have to tell it is what the name of the file is. Its easier than typing all the code that you need to play music on your webpage, even tho its only one line.

Test your page using the AceHTML program, and if it looks like you want it...and sounds like you want it, use the AceFTP program to up-load the "index.html" file and the music file you wanted, back to the site, over writing the old index.html file.

Easy enough right?

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
Webpage???
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2004, 06:40:04 PM »
i got the software i think Jay1988 can talk me through the rest thanks. If i need some help i will post.

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
Webpage???
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2004, 02:22:00 AM »
Here's a good place to start.

http://www.w3schools.com/default.asp

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
Webpage???
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2004, 05:39:02 AM »
Thanx i am learning some of the code. It is really helpful:aok

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
Webpage???
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2004, 05:50:50 AM »
Ok why when i click on the hyperlind to download ACE FTP. It hops to a page that is called erasercrash and, its like some ad or something.:confused:

Offline irvinbrubacher

• Zinc Member
Webpage???
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2004, 05:42:19 PM »
Ok why when i click on the hyperlind to download ACE FTP. It hops to a page that is called erasercrash and, its like some ad or something.

ok jetb123 isnt that the same page u got when u tried to look at the site i made?

check and make sure u dont have that on ur programs list

i had something like that that got on my computer through spyware and it wont let u look at certain sites