Author Topic: hmm just when I thought I was safe from bad connects  (Read 101 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
hmm just when I thought I was safe from bad connects
« on: June 04, 2001, 02:53:00 AM »
here I am able to download 50megs in 5 minutes yet my connection to HTC is just as bad as it was when i had a crappy 56k and I disco just as much.

phoooeee
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2001, 03:52:00 AM »
Cit, I suppose you know this, but if you have a cable modem, you share the bandwidth with all in the "local group."  It usually leads to excellent throughput, but horrible ping times.

OTOH, you may not have a cablemodem.  

AKcurly

Offline Weave

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2001, 05:29:00 AM »
Don't feel bad Cit.  I've been disco'd twice in two days. On DSL and normal disco rate for me is about one a month.

I think they're having problems with server cause my frame rates all of a sudden suck terribly. (posted about it in bugs forum)

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2001, 06:45:00 AM »

Don't assume it's the server.

There have been loads of network problems on the Internet recently, and these have definately been a source of problems.

If you are having connection problems, get www.pingplotter.com  and use it to trace beta.hitechcreations.com and alt.hitechcreations.com when you are having troubles.  Paste the results into messages in the Internet Connectivity forum.

Networking problems on the internet are almost always the issue.  I'm not saying HTC or the host is perfect, just pointing out that 95% of the time or more the troubles are network problems between you and HTC on the Internet.

------------------
Sean "Lephturn" Conrad - Aces High Chief Trainer

A proud member of the mighty Flying Pigs
http://www.flyingpigs.com

Check out Lephturn's Aerodrome for AH articles and training info!