Author Topic: alt f4 not working  (Read 368 times)

Offline tactic

• Nickel Member
alt f4 not working
« on: June 01, 2004, 05:07:21 PM »
well the alt -f4 for quiting the ah2 is not working on my computer, it just goes to white screen, blah blah, ya know, and Freeezez still, i understand they are aware of the situation, just letting them know it no workie for me.  anyone else try alt f4 to exit, because they were getting screen freeze and it not work for them??????  other then that... ah2 looks good and seems to be on the way to completion.   high five to the staff at AH....." you can do it!!!!" <--- says with cajun accent.....  hehe

Tactic

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
alt f4 not working
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 05:27:54 PM »
Did you press alt f4 before or after the freeze?

HiTech

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
alt f4 not working
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 09:15:58 PM »
Alt-F4 wrks for me (as long as I have F Lock enabled on my keyboard - a worthless feature of the damn MS keyboard).

Offline tactic

• Nickel Member
alt f4 not working
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 11:42:52 PM »
I did it before the freeze,  did it to exit game instead of the quit button. and it pretty much did the same freeze as the quit button.  now i only tried it once,  maybe i should have tried it more then just once... thinking about it now  :p   and there was one time that the quit button worked and did not freeze, but it went straight to desktop from the first clipboard quit button in tower.  didnt go through the sequence it usually does, like the 3 or 4 clipboards before your  out of the game.  hope im supplying enough info to be helpful im correcting this problem.  f-lock? huh?  

Tactic

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
alt f4 not working
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2004, 09:31:46 AM »
Originally posted by Mathman
Alt-F4 wrks for me (as long as I have F Lock enabled on my keyboard - a worthless feature of the damn MS keyboard).

How much do you HATE that.

I have the same thing.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
alt f4 not working
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2004, 11:29:56 AM »
Originally posted by Mathman

F-lock.... is that the lock that prevents you from typing in french?
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
alt f4 not working
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2004, 11:44:02 AM »
Yep it reduce your Freedom ;)

btw if Alt-F4 was not working windows was pretty dead ...

Offline tactic

• Nickel Member
alt f4 not working
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2004, 04:50:58 PM »
alt f4 is  confermed, not working, for me. as the quit button.  it does not have the AH2 page showing (usually goes white) , it throws up task bar then freezes screen, and now ,has pretty little colored rectangles,  at least its not the plain ol white screen   :) .  i can get the busy window to pop (ctrl alt del) up saying, program is busy , wait or shut down buttons dont work when it does come up. ctrl alt del ,does reboot the system as does reset button on tower. seldom if ever does it freeze keyboard or whole pc,  seems to be the screen mostly.    alt f4 works wonderful on ah1....     boom shuts down game, to desktop, no problem...  I once again thank you !!!! any more info needed let me know... I'm here to help  if needed!!   :)

Tactic