Author Topic: Suggestion on perk values..  (Read 6424 times)

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
Suggestion on perk values..
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2004, 07:58:36 PM »
Nikis dont have hispanos, not even close.

They have type 99 mk 2 with a low rate of fire and not nearly as lethal.

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2004, 08:40:28 PM »
If the Rule "The wheel that squeaks the most gets oiled first" is applied, then Keawessa is a Shoe In. :lol
Is that how it works? Post a novel and HT will listen?
I would hope that while HT doesn’t work on Poll's. He would at least consider the Majority opinion on these issues. Although I realize that the Majority most definitely are not  represented in the BBS
I am most certain the majority of players/subscribers have no intention of supporting such a proposal. HT has done an excellent of perking the planes and it most definitely does not need an overhaul. :rolleyes:
MugZ
« Last Edit: June 06, 2004, 10:41:29 PM by Mugzeee »

Offline AWCHKRS

• Copper Member
PERKS ...
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2004, 09:00:59 PM »
I do not think there is a "need" for cheaper perk planes and think the current system works fine.

I am most certain the majority of players/subscribers have no intention of supporting such a proposal. HT has done an excellent of perking the planes and it most definitely does not an overhaul.  
MugZ

Ditto ..... Perk Smirk .. The system is just fine the way it is and should be left alone !
 "Save that  crap for Tour of Duty " concept......

;)     CHECKERS
« Last Edit: June 06, 2004, 09:04:15 PM by AWCHKRS »

Offline bigred

• Zinc Member
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2004, 09:11:13 PM »
I have only one problem with your list Kweassa,,,

The p-38 has a set of adherants, and unlike the other planes on your proposed list is only available in one flavor.  I dont have a problem with perking the L, only AFTER HTC gives us a mid-war version, that could be flown unperked.

-bigred

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Re: PERKS ...
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2004, 10:26:19 PM »
Originally posted by AWCHKRS
I am most certain the majority of players/subscribers have no intention of supporting such a proposal. HT has done an excellent of perking the planes and it most definitely does not an overhaul.  
MugZ

Ditto ..... Perk Smirk .. The system is just fine the way it is and should be left alone !
 "Save that  crap for Tour of Duty " concept......

;)     CHECKERS

For that Matter, on another note:..SAVE THE FULLER REALISM FLIGH MODELING CRAP FOR TOD!!! eee Gads Man!  Either go FULL REALISM or DONT...This simi Full Realism crap is for the birds! :rofl
I know "this isnt the thread for that" thread shmead. Im tired of pusssy footin around and chasing the threads all over the frikin place.!!!:rofl
happy hunting. :)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2004, 10:30:39 PM by Mugzeee »

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2004, 03:58:09 AM »
Originally posted by Batz
Nikis dont have hispanos, not even close.

They have type 99 mk 2 with a low rate of fire and not nearly as lethal.

oops! don't know why i said hispanos.  Guess i was stil thinking about the mossie....mmmmm....... mossie.

I still believe the great fuel endurance will make the n1k a very popular ride
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline clouds

• Copper Member
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2004, 05:41:12 AM »
Sorry guys but.....I don't know why do you insist with this perking system.

De facto there are planes that none is and has been flying at all (5 pilots over 400 is that flies a Me262 are percentage bound to nothing).

Why instead not implemets a time scale planes availability like it is obvious to do in a WWII simulator ?

Is it a very good SIMULATION for you to see a zekes vs Me262s :rolleyes: :confused:

All the words we can use to describe this situation except SIMULATION.

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2004, 06:28:20 AM »
AH is a game not a simulator. Perking planes is a gameplay descision just like any other.

Offline clouds

• Copper Member
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2004, 06:56:59 AM »
Uhm.....strange thing.
I've always thought AH is a simulator not only an arcade game :confused:
But probably I made a mistake. :eek:

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2004, 09:00:07 AM »
As a Guy who baseporks I can tell you that for the most part
"Pork and auger dwwebs" are a figment of your imaginations.

I've seen VERY few people come in. pork a base and then intentionally auger. I know I never ever do this And I know not one person that does this.

Speaking from experiance,99% of the time what your probably seeing is the base ack doing its job albeit late or someone in a manned ack hitting a plane and knocking out its controls to the point where the plane is unflyable and thus it crashes.

Are there people who pork and auger? Probably
But those people are few and far between.

Now if you want to perk planes maybe what should be considered is haveing an equal balance of early,mid and late war planes and versions of planes (which would mean more planes to choose from) Then have no perks for early planes. midwar planes would be moderatly perked and late war planes would be the most expencive.

But if perks are based on balance so that not too many of one plane is in the air then there is no way in hell the spit should be a cheap perk ride, Nor should the La7. and maybe the Nik.
And hey I fly Nikis and La7's.
  Far far too many of these planes airborn now, the spit in particular.
Though maybe all planes including the spits should be free during the two week trial period. This would enable these newbies to fly tricycles with training wheels and build up a few perks to use on these planes once the free trial is up
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2004, 09:24:09 AM »
If the perk system was to be used to differentiate between later period AC (and its clear that presently it is not) then re the La7 an additional model could be made such that there are two being.................

La7

La7 (45)

The latter being the 3 cannon and the former being the 2 cannon version. The latter could then use Airmess's skin as per the thread below (or above as the case may be) and possibly be subject to a nominal perk.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 09:26:24 AM by Tilt »
Ludere Vincere

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2004, 09:38:24 AM »
As a Guy who baseporks I can tell you that for the most part
"Pork and auger dwwebs" are a figment of your imaginations.

oh bs I watched whole attacks fly into the ground.

You cant hunt "tool sheds" offline and save money at that...

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2004, 09:44:54 AM »
Adjusting the perk system will not well accomplish what you seek. Perk system was a great idea, but as many have stated, it lacks teeth.  Apply the perk balancing formula  also to scoring and then you would have something that has a real day to day impact, not only on plane types, but also arena balance.

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2004, 09:51:24 AM »
Shoot, ask Zanth about pork and auger.

My ingame nic Helvik, I was in a 109E and a 51 came in. I closed position to d1k. He dove from 12k to 3k and ran at the field. I told Zanth I couldnt catch him in an emil and Zanth went after him. Before he got there the p51 blew himself up on the ole "pork'n'auger".

This wasn't this guys 1st or last trip either... He did it several times trying to take out 1 FH at a time.

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Re: Release the Hogs
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2004, 02:54:55 PM »
Originally posted by doobs
I remember reading a post that they perked the c-hog because of the number of them that would be up.  If that the case then I hardly see f4's compared the the likes of the niki, la7, and spit 9.
I'd like to see the c-hog freed from perks or the aforementioned three planes perked.

Except for the spit9 I'd agree with you, it is not the late '44 monster that the other ones are.

I remember well when the Chog scourge was in full effect. Imagine if every N1K/spit/la7 were all Chogs, then imagine less than half the people in the MA. I think actual stats indicate it was about 35% of the sorties flown. One simple (and VERY low) perk mod cleared that up straight away. I agree with Kweassa that a small perk mod will reduce the overabundance of the "less balanced" planes.