Author Topic: Bug - AHii 199.39  (Read 254 times)

Offline fluffy

• Zinc Member
Bug - AHii 199.39
« on: June 06, 2004, 08:05:43 PM »
System:
celeron 1000
GeForce2 MX/400
256 meg ram
Windows 98
SoundBlaster Live

Video panels 'freeze' for a second or three - e.g. - the sun, gunsight, video display info at top of screen, clouds, etc.
display rectangular panels of a single colour for several seconds at random intervals.  This causes a screen freeze for the duration of the display glitch.I have not seen this in previous versions.  In the hangar, some of the custom airplane skins for the p51D and the BF109G10 display as void - that is all silver with no markings.  They also appear this way from the interior of the aircraft. I haven't checked for other planes types yet.
-Twang
addendum:  original problem seen in 1024x762 resolution. I changed the default texture size from 256 to 128 and the problem only seemed worse.  I changed the resolution to the next highest (1200x?) and that seemed to help a lot. I still get the occasional 'panel texture freeze' issue, especially when I look away from the instrument panel and then look back - all the instruments sometimes remain whited out for a short time. In the higher resolution all custom skins appear properly. Frame rates didn't seem much affected by higher screen resolution!!
-Twang
« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 09:26:47 AM by fluffy »

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
Bug - AHii 199.39
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2004, 08:36:42 PM »
Same thing is happening to me, nearly all skins are silver/gray/white. When I log on to ah2 the ground is just silver/gray/white tiles.

:(
Retired CO of the ancient **Flying Monkeys** CT squadron.

Offline Virage

• Silver Member
Re: Bug - AHii 199.39
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2004, 08:51:56 PM »
Originally posted by fluffy
System:
celeron 1000
GeForce2 MX/400
256 meg ram
Windows 98
SoundBlaster Live

Video panels 'freeze' for a second or three - e.g. - the sun, gunsight, video display info at top of screen, clouds, etc.
display rectangular panels of a single colour for several seconds at random intervals.  This causes a screen freeze for the duration of the display glitch.I have not seen this in previous versions.  In the hangar, some of the custom airplane skins for the p51D and the BF109G10 display as void - that is all silver with no markings.  They also appear this way from the interior of the aircraft. I haven't checked for other planes types yet.
-Twang

me too

edit: dropping texture memory down a level , ( in my case to 128 ) fixed it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2004, 09:38:44 PM by Virage »
JG11

Vater