Author Topic: Went to gun store.  (Read 532 times)

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Went to gun store.
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2004, 01:40:30 AM »
I think clothing has to do with alot of it aswell.

Some have told me, they thought I was old enough to drink, while others though, thought I was the age I am, or younger. It also has to do with personality, if I'm open, and honest, and know alot, are you gonna judge on my looks or on my behaviour?

I know none of you are meaning to offend me, and thats fine, stay as young as possible, IMHO.

But I am a Word Warrior, or Verbal Master, not that good at typing though, yall couldn't see how many times I back spaced. :p

So I'm the opposite of that dude who did E=MC2, I can't spell it, Einstein I think is how it's spelled, :) .

I did Average in math and above average in verbal. :aok
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 01:43:21 AM by Hawklore »
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Re: Went to gun store.
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2004, 02:06:24 AM »
Originally posted by Widewing
The M1906 .30 cartridge (that is the Army designation for the 30/06) was standardized long before WWI. It was used in both M1903 Springfield and the M1917 Enfield rifles. The British Pattern 1914 Enfield (from which the M1917 was developed) was chambered for the .303 Brit cartridge. Few if any 1914s saw service with the American forces. Many of the M1917s were shipped to Britain during WWII as Lend Lease material. Because they looked identical to the Pattern 1914 rifles, the Brits painted a red stripe on the butt to indicate the use of 30/06 rather than the .303 Brit.

Most Pattern 1914s and all M1917s were manufactured in the States.

My regards,

Widewing

I wonder what Hawklore is buying? :)  A british 303 or American 303?  I read the following on a webpage ( http://www.african-hunter.com/303_rifle.htm ) about the british version.  No idea if it's accurate or not.

The British clung to corrosive primers for an extraordinarily long time, and so did the South Africans. Those large, copper coloured primers contain potassium chlorate as their primary active ingredient, which leaves a residue of potassium chloride (which is a salt) upon firing. Salt, of course, causes steel to rust like billy-ho, and normal gun cleaning nitro-solvents will not dissolve it. I have seen this myself, cleaning the bore of a rifle until it looked like a new pin only to find it furred by rust after a few days. Boiling water is the only thing which will reliably remove this salt residue, so after firing a .303 you must brush and clean the bore as normal, then pour plus or minus half a litre of boiling water down the barrel. Push a patch through to dry it, then follow with a light coat of preservative. The bore will now remain immaculate for an indefinite period, and there will be no nasty surprises next time you inspect your rifles' bore. If this procedure is not done - or if it was not done even ONCE after firing during the rifle?s entire history - a rusted and pitted bore will result. No .303?s have chromed bores, and bear in mind that MOST military surplus .303 ammunition is corrosively primed. If you are not sure, assume your ammo has chlorate primers and boil out accordingly. I boil out .303 barrels even when I know the primers are non-corrosive, as I find it gets rid of a lot of crud that normal cleaning methods will not remove.

curly

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Went to gun store.
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2004, 02:26:14 AM »
That would I presume refer to the ammunition rather than the rifle?

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
Went to gun store.
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2004, 02:43:59 AM »
Originally posted by _Schadenfreude_
That would I presume refer to the ammunition rather than the rifle?

Exactly.

curly

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Went to gun store.
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2004, 03:04:41 AM »
I'm not buying a .303, what made you think that? I just said he showed me one.. :rolleyes:
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline stiehl

• Copper Member
Went to gun store.
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2004, 03:29:57 AM »
"Word Warrior"
 " Verbal Master"
In to guns and flight sims.

Shouldn't you be out getting laid?

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Went to gun store.
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2004, 03:47:06 AM »
Not at my young age, :aok

Offline AdmRose

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/cmdrrose/index.html
Went to gun store.
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2004, 08:53:56 AM »
Originally posted by Hawklore
Not at my young age, :aok

Bah, I started at 16.

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
Went to gun store.
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2004, 09:12:21 AM »
Einstein failed math when he was younger.

RTR
The Damned

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Went to gun store.
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2004, 12:06:24 PM »
Originally posted by RTR
Einstein failed math when he was younger.

RTR

I thought it was language.. Oh well, just look at the time I posted. :p