Author Topic: Beta 41 CTD's  (Read 270 times)

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
Beta 41 CTD's
« on: June 09, 2004, 04:44:27 PM »
In patch 41 I got some CTD's. These didn't happen in the earlier patches, and I haven't changed a thing in my setup since Beta 32 (or something like that..) when I changed my Catalyst drivers to Omegas.

Setup: Asus A7V333 mobo, AMD XP1800+, 512MB 333DDR, ATI Radeon 9600Pro 128MB, WinXP pro.

I got 3 CTD's in rapid succession after 2 hours of playing, after which I rebooted Windows and logged in again. After that the game worked just fine. I checked temperatures, programs running etc. after the second CTD and didn't notice anything unusual. Also I don't have the automatical update running on my Windows, or anything else which might overload my processor or network... And I haven't had this problem in earlier betas, this is the first one where this has happened.

Frame rates were at about 30 (at takeoff) to 60 (in flight) before CTD'ing, with 1280x1024, max texture size 512, graph mem usage was about 75M and everything else at default settings, if I remember correctly - I'm not exactly sure about all the sliders, but haven't changed them in the latest betas...

[edit] I changed back to Catalyst 4.6 drivers, had no problems last night so maybe it was a driver issue... [/edit]
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 03:38:40 AM by Panzzer »
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3