Author Topic: Defensive Moves-Reversals  (Read 2463 times)

Offline Marco50

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Defensive Moves-Reversals
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2004, 09:50:29 AM »
Agree.........:aok

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2004, 12:49:50 PM »
Can anybody post diagrams?  Films are great...but are sometimes the moves are hard to follow.

Regards, Shuckins

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2004, 02:29:46 PM »
Shuckins if your really interested in learning tactics and maneuvering I'd suggest you get some books on it.  There are many out there that don't cost much and give alot of great insight on the subject.  

I've learned to fly just by trial and error.  Every month I've gotten better and better.  I'm not sure how long you've flown flight sims but for myself I've only been flying for about 6 months now.  It'll take time to get better and learning the basic maneuvers is your best bet.  From there you'll still have to train and/or put your feet to the fire to learn how to use what you've learned.  No engagement is ever the same.  With this being a big factor in how and when you fight it will only be learned over time.  

I'd give some studies on what plane you plan on flying or better yet what your current tendencies are when flying.  That will give you a better foundation to know what type of tactics and plane you should start flying.  I wouldn't start out with a extremely difficult aircraft right off the bat.  Once you've found a suitable aircraft then look to see what it's pros and cons are and fly it accordingly.  Most peoples mistakes are flying the aircraft out of it's envelope to the point of a catastrophic mistake.  Mistakes aren't always bad as they are a learning tool for your next engagement but too many can cause frustration.

Here's a few books I'd recommend for Tactics and ACM.

Fighter Combat: Tactics and Maneuvering  By: Robert L. Shaw
Allied Fighter Aces of WWII By: Mike Spick
Luftwaffe Fighter Aces By: Mike Spick

There are a few other out there that are good for what we do on AH.  One of them has slipped my mind but when I rememeber it I'll post it here.  Hope this helps some.  Oh and you can find these books at Amazon.com.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2004, 04:50:07 PM »
Originally posted by Shuckins
Can anybody post diagrams?  Films are great...but are sometimes the moves are hard to follow.

Regards, Shuckins

watch the films with ahfilm.exe  not the "film" button on the splash screen...  it's a better, more powerful viewer.

enable trails and external/pan  and you'll get a better idea.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2004, 06:07:06 PM »

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Etch.....
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2004, 11:10:55 AM »
I tryed to DL the film Etch, it isn't hosted there anymore.
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC