Author Topic: Nobody can tell me...  (Read 6865 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Nobody can tell me...
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2004, 11:51:42 PM »
If they moved them to Syria, I think we may be worse off than we were.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Nobody can tell me...
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2004, 11:52:30 PM »
Originally posted by AKS\/\/ulfe
There are several nations in the region that are a more real and severe threat, leave them be while we attack Iraq why?
-SW

What inteligence do you personally have to back that up? Maybe you use 20/20 hindsight?

What inteligence source do you have that can explain what threat Iraq was, pre-war, compaired to the others you sight?

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Nobody can tell me...
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2004, 11:53:17 PM »
LOL, Scholz, I've held that view since 1975 at a minimum.

How long have you held it? I think you came around to a long-held view of mine, sonny.

;)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
Nobody can tell me...
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2004, 11:59:17 PM »
Iraq was the same threat to us as a tit mouse. Saddam was on the outs with Osama, yeah I know... we've found evidence Al Qaeda was training in an area of Iraq - but was never supported by Saddam.

Iraq would have gotten their weapons here how? An Iraqi zealot? Man, after 11 years I'm surprised they didn't get us!

Anyway, it matters not.

What intelligence source do you have that proves Iraq was any form of a threat to US? Not its neighbors, US.

I mean, who attacked us? Oh right, Saudi Arabians trained in Afghanistan. Who else could attack us, and would love to? Oh right, Syrians, Iranians, Palistineans (our support for Isreal hasn't gone unnoticed, but they'll stay put... I'm sure).

Of course, this thread was started for no reason other than for you to see other people's reasons and you could downplay them as insignificant or moot because you do not agree.
-SW

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Nobody can tell me...
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2004, 12:00:13 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
If they moved them to Syria, I think we may be worse off than we were.

Naw... if we attack Syria, they'll just move 'em again. ;)
sand

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Nobody can tell me...
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2004, 12:03:41 AM »
LOL, Scholz, I've held that view since 1975 at a minimum.

How long have you held it? I think you came around to a long-held view of mine, sonny.

;)

Toad, can you even aknowledge that Iraq was an unknown and very real threat? It was not about liberation, it was about making damn sure Iraq didn't have WMD.....which the world assumed they had.

Liberation was a benifit of the war, the real reason was to ensure Iraq had no WMD...... GOOD CALL!

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Nobody can tell me...
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2004, 12:05:01 AM »
Originally posted by NUKE
Toad, can you even aknowledge that Iraq was an unknown and very real threat?

Toad might, but I wouldn't. ;)
sand

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Nobody can tell me...
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2004, 12:05:23 AM »
Were you even alive in '75? If so, we'll talk about who held that belief the longest. (BTW, I've got the "alive in '75 ribbon too.)

I've got this feeling you're a "Johnny Come Lately" compared to me.

Kid. ;)

I think perhaps the problem is that folks try to "pigeonhole" me as the standard "right wing American".

Like most Americans, I'm not a "standard" anything.

One of the greatest characteristics of the "average American" is that he believes he's not "average" or "standard". He's an individual. ;)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Nobody can tell me...
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2004, 12:07:55 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman
Naw... if we attack Syria, they'll just move 'em again. ;)

My opinion is that the Syrians may be a more likely conduit to Arab terrorist types than SH was.

Discussing an invasion of Syria would be another thread for sure.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Nobody can tell me...
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2004, 12:12:18 AM »
Toad, can you even aknowledge that Iraq was an unknown and very real threat?

Sure, I think it was a threat. But IF they had the weapons, we sure didn't take them off the market, now did we?

If the weapons are in fact now in Syria, we really didn't do what we set out to do, did we?

Because if those weapons were an "unknown and very real threat" in Iraq, what exactly are they now in Syria?

Did 800+ of our finest die to get those weapons moved a few hundred miles into Syria then?

Again, Syria is not exactly our friend and it's clear they DO have ties to Islamic extremist groups that have shown a willingness to die in terror attacks on Israel. And who do they think is Israel's biggest supporter?

See the problem yet? We didn't do ship about any weapons that may have been in Iraq.

But we lost 800+ kids doing it.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Nobody can tell me...
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2004, 12:13:19 AM »
Were you even alive in '75? If so, we'll talk about who held that belief the longest. (BTW, I've got the "alive in '75 ribbon too.)

I've got this feeling you're a "Johnny Come Lately" compared to me.

Kid. ;)

I think perhaps the problem is that folks try to "pigeonhole" me as the standard "right wing American".

Like most Americans, I'm not a "standard" anything.

One of the greatest characteristics of the "average American" is that he believes he's not "average" or "standard". He's an individual. ;)

I'm not trying to pigeonhole you as anything...just trying basic logic.

I was alive as of 1964 for whatever that matters.

In a nutshell: Iraq was an unknown threat with known WMD capabilites ( in fact used them)

Iraq refused to fully comply with inspectors and kept the world guessing.

Toad, I believe Iraq and the US is going to be better for this effort. I'm not sure why you have such a negative view regarding the final outcome.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Nobody can tell me...
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2004, 12:14:51 AM »
Eight-plus years after the fact is a pretty good stretch for "known" I think.
sand

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Nobody can tell me...
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2004, 12:18:23 AM »
Some of the BBS smartest people are debating this thread......minus Sandman, Gsholtz, and AksWulf.

Ahh hahahah, just kidding guys :)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Nobody can tell me...
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2004, 12:21:35 AM »
If you don't stand up and fight for your own freedom you're not worthy of freedom.

Even the weak and infirm are worthy of freedom.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Nobody can tell me...
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2004, 12:22:13 AM »
I'm not sure why you have such a negative view regarding the final outcome.

"Alive in 75" was for Scholz. Refers to this:

Again, here's my reason for such a negative view:

See the problem yet? We didn't do ship about any weapons that may have been in Iraq. They may just be in Syria right now which, IMO, is worse.

But we lost 800+ kids doing it.