Author Topic: Bill's car in Kill Bill 2  (Read 579 times)

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Bill's car in Kill Bill 2
« on: June 10, 2004, 12:10:30 AM »
Anyone know what it is?

...-Gixer

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 12:21:04 AM »
1969 DeTomaso Mangusta

« Last Edit: June 10, 2004, 12:29:48 AM by Sandman »
sand

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 12:30:03 AM »
Great thanks for that and the pic

...-Gixer

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2004, 12:33:18 AM »
No worries... I googled it.
sand

Offline crowMAW

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2004, 06:55:25 AM »
Predecessor to the Pantera.  A buddy of mine wanted a Mangusta in the worst way...finally found one for sale and I went with him from Houston to Oklahoma City to check it out.  We both decided it was one of the most evil handling cars ever made and drove home empty handed.  Working on the engine would have been horrible too...access to the mid engine is a pair of clam-shell doors...only access to half the engine at a time.  The Pantera was a gigantic improvement.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2004, 08:14:44 AM »
pantera was terrible too..  you would bake in that car.

lazs

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2004, 09:17:43 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman
No worries... I googled it.

You had to Google it? ****, it looks like the top photo was taken in your back yard.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Corwin

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 10:02:39 AM »
I had the pleasure to drive a Pantera early in my banking career when we liquidated a guy who restored specialty cars (drove a Rolls, Mercedes Limo and all kinds of other cool stuff too).  The Pantera was definetly the hottest ride of the bunch.  I took the long way back to the bank and was sitting at a stop light feeling very spiffy trying to look like it was  my ride and I was totally oblivious to how cool it was.  Out of the corner of my eye I noticed two babes waiting at the light next to me pointing and looking at the car.  I slowly, nonchalantly,  turned to look their way precedent to trying to make the Mr. Clean move.  One of them was saying something (she was really cute) which I couldn't hear over the engine and I seem to recall something funky about opening the window.  As I grinned and nodded,  I noticed they weren't pointing at they car in general and, in fact, she was pantomiming something with her hands.  I looked back at them now totally baffled.  I finally swivleed my head around enough to note that the entire engine cover (the whole back deck of the car) was open and sticking up at a 90 degree angle to the rest of the car.  They drove away and I slowly pulled off the main street to close the engine cover.  I went back to the bank and drove the Buick Diesel that my dad had given me to lunch.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2004, 01:05:24 PM »
The last Italian car I drove was my brother's Fiat X-19 and I swore I'd never own an Italian sports-crap-car.  And this was right after I'd given him my Triumph Spitfire (which he promptly wrecked) so you know it had to be bad.

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2004, 01:06:56 PM »
They have this sexy Italian look :)
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2004, 02:53:19 PM »
Originally posted by Sikboy
You had to Google it? ****, it looks like the top photo was taken in your back yard.

-Sik

Yeah... that first pic definitely looks local. I checked IMDB and there was some filming done in Lancaster and Victorville. Who knows, they might have shot up to Red Rock Canyon for a photo op.
sand